|Manufacturer||Hope Industrial Works|
Nimakachi Fusion Products Limited,
Taurus Territorial Industries,
Vandenberg Mechanized Industries
|Communications System||O/P 3000 COMSET|
|Targeting Tracking System||O/P 1500 ARB|
The Warhammer BattleMech was introduced by StarCorps Industries in 2515 to be "a mobile 'Mech with enough firepower to destroy or severely damage any 'Mech of the same weight class or lower." In the mission it was designed for, the Warhammer proved to be a very capable 'Mech, and for centuries practically defined the entire class of heavy 'Mechs. Boasting incredible firepower and respectable armoring, the Warhammer served prominently in the Star League Defense Force and was one of the premier 'Mechs in the Gunslinger Program. Indeed, many of the greatest MechWarriors in history were Warhammer pilots.
After the fall of the Star League, the Warhammer continued to serve in the armies of the Great Houses during the Succession Wars. Its longevity was helped by the large number of Warhammer factories spread across both the Inner Sphere and Periphery, despite relatively low production rates; Ronin Inc. was never able to build more than five Warhammers a year from their Wallis factory. The recovery of the Helm Memory Core would spur on the creation of many new Lostech-using Warhammer variants by Inner Sphere manufactures, while the Periphery continued to build original models for mercenaries and black marketeers.
The design found a new lease on life after the Clan Invasion when StarCorps decided to revitalize the ancient 'Mech with the latest in technological improvements. Initially the company was to build just one new variant from its Crofton plant, but as news of the plan spread other departments within StarCorps began to involve themselves in the program and descended upon Crofton for a week-long conference to hash out the particulars. The conference ended up being more celebratory than anticipated, and at the end of the bacchanalian-like "negotiations" it was eventually decided four new variants would be built: one each for the Federated Suns, Capellan, Free Worlds League and Lyran militaries, and using technology unique to each realm. Some examples of these new 'Mechs achieved their baptism of fire during the FedCom Civil War.
Weapons and Equipment
The primary weapons on the Warhammer 6R were a pair of arm-mounted Donal PPCs, which used highly charged accelerated particles to cause significant amounts of damage to enemy 'Mechs at long ranges. Together, both PPCs provided the combined firepower of an Autocannon/20 with a much longer range bracket. For close combat situations, the Warhammer carried two Martell Medium Lasers and two Magna Small Lasers, one of each in either side torso. To exploit any weak points in an enemy's armor, a Holly SRM-6 was carried over the right shoulder, with one ton of reloads in the corresponding side torso. Finally, as an effective deterrent to infantry attacks, two Sperry Browning Machine Guns were split between either side torso with one ton of ammunition carried in the center torso.
The Warhammer was well protected by ten tons of armoring, while the use of eighteen heat sinks gave it the freedom to "fire and maneuver" without concern. The sixteen-ton fusion engine powering the 'Mech gave it a cruising speed of 43.2 km/h and top speed of 64.8 km/h, fast enough to keep pace with the action in most engagements. The electronics on the 'Mech, though dated by the time of the 31st Century, were simple and effective, allowing it to assume command duties when needed. The targeting system in particular utilized a special Searchlight mounted over the left shoulder of the 'Mech. The device could function as a standard searchlight or tie in directly to the O/P 1500 ARB tracking system, which made the 'Mech an effective night-fighter.
- The 4L variant of the Warhammer was one of the four new variants introduced by StarCorps in 3067, towards the end of the FedCom Civil War. Intended for use by the Capellan Confederation's new Shadow Lances, it completely stripped the armor, the engine, and heat sinks from the original. Instead it used an XL Engine that weighed half as much as the original VOX power plant, carried double heat sinks to vent the excess from its new weapons and used Stealth Armor to aid in camouflaging it. The 4L Warhammers primary weapons were two ER PPCs for long-range combat, backed up by four Medium Pulse Lasers and a Streak SRM-6 launcher for close range combat. BV (1.0) = 1,321, BV (2.0) = 1,820
- An alteration of the 6R model introduced in 2835, the 6D removed the machine guns and the SRM-6 launcher to add an additional four tons of armor to the design, increasing its leg protection, as well as two more heat sinks. The 6D was particularly favored by the Federated Suns. BV (1.0) = 1,169, BV (2.0) = 1,471
- Another basic modification to the Warhammer, the 6K was favored by the Draconis Combine after its introduction in 2830. The 6K removed the machine guns and their volatile ammunition to make room for two heat sinks, allowing it to more easily dissipate waste heat from its PPCs. BV (1.0) = 1,022, BV (2.0) = 1,305
- The 6L was a very basic weapons swap of the 6R model used by Capellan armed forces. Known as the "Hot Hammer" and debuting in 2825, the two machine guns and their ammunition were removed in order to mount two Flamers added for anti-infantry use. BV (1.0) = 943, BV (2.0) = 1,311
- This upgrade of the 6R was used by the SLDF Royal units. Introduced in 2599, the use of seventeen double heat sinks allowed an Artemis IV Fire Control System to be added to the SRM-6. The standard armoring was also replaced with Ferro-Fibrous armor to increase protection.. BV (2.0) = 1,431
- A Star League era variant produced by House Kurita, this Warhammer used an XL Engine to both increase speed and free weight. The replacement of eighteen standard with fifteen double heat sinks helped deal with the heat generated by the weapons, while the rest of the free weight was dedicated to increasing its armor.
- WHM-6R (C)
- A Clan-tech retrofit of the venerable Warhammer intended for second-line and solahma troops, this variant did not alter the 'Mech's structural components but replaced most of the Inner Sphere-tech weaponry of the original WHM-6R with Clan equivalents. The PPCs were replaced with Large Pulse Lasers, the SRM-6 was upgraded to a Streak SRM-6, and all of the lasers were upgraded to ER Medium and ER Small Lasers. Only the machine guns were not replaced with Clan-tech models. BV (2.0) = 1,668
- The 7A variant was an upgrade of the 6Rb variant used by SLDF Royal regiments. First fielded in 2761, this variant used an Endo Steel internal structure and sixteen double heat sinks. The PPCs were upgraded to ER PPCs and an Artemis IV fire control system was added to the SRM launcher. The machine guns and small lasers of the standard version were replaced with a pair of Small Pulse Lasers, while the medium lasers in the side torsos were supplemented by two more medium lasers in the center torso. BV (2.0) = 1,679
- This House Kurita variant, introduced in 3054, was built on an Endo Steel skeleton. It carried ER PPCs, two medium lasers, and two small pulse lasers. The SRM-6 was replaced by a pair of Streak SRM-2 launchers, while a TAG system allowed the 7K to spot for friendly artillery units. BV (2.0) = 1,651
- The 7M variant was introduced in 3047 by Ronin Inc. as the official upgraded variant of the Warhammer for the Free Worlds League. Built on a Kell Reinforced 270 Standard chassis and equipped with a Magna 280 fusion engine, the 7M had a top speed of 64.5 km/h and carried eighteen double heat sinks to handle the waste heat generated by its two Fusigon Lontooth ER PPCs. Backing up these new weapons were two Martell medium lasers in the side torsos and a Shannon SH-60 SRM-6 launcher over the right shoulder. A LFN Lindblad machine gun was carried in the right torso, while the left mounted an LFN Lindblad Shotgun Anti-Missile System. Two tons of machine gun rounds were carried in the center torso, while one ton each of missile reloads and AMS rounds were carried in the right. The electronics were also updated, with a Barret Party Line-200 comms system and Wasat Watchdog W100 targeting system. BV (1.0) = 1,238, BV (2.0) = 1,487
- The 7S Warhammer was the official upgraded version built for the Federated Commonwealth by Olivettie Weaponry. Built out of their Sudeten factory starting in 3050, the 7S retained the small lasers of the original but updated the rest of the weaponry. It carried two arm-mounted ER PPCs, two Defiance P5M medium pulse lasers in the side torsos, and two Coventry T4H Streak SRM-2 launchers in place of the SRM-6 launcher. Eighteen double heat sinks handled the additional waste heat and one ton of reloads for the Streak launchers was carried in the center torso. BV (1.0) = 1,236, BV (2.0) = 1,477
- The first of StarCorps' updated variants of the venerable Warhammer, the 8D showcased some of the weapons exchanges that took place during the period of relative peace on the Federated Commonwealth and Draconis Combine border. Introduced in mid-August 3066, the 'Mech was built on a StarFrame Heavy Endo Steel chassis, protected by thirteen and a half tons of Durallex Heavy armor, used a GM 280 power plant to maintain the same speed profile as the original, and carried seventeen double heat sinks to dissipate the massive amounts of heat generated. The 'Mech was armed with two Johnston High Speed ER PPCs in traditional Warhammer fashion. For close range work, the 'Mech carried two Defiance Model XII ER Medium Lasers and two BlazeFire Longshot ER Small Lasers in its side torsos, supported by a Harpoon-6S Streak SRM-6 launcher. Finally, to allow it to share targeting telemetry with other friendly units, the 8D carried a C3 Slave. One ton of Streak reloads were carried in the right torso, which was protected by CASE. The electronics were also updated, with a Garret T-60 FastScan comms system and Garret F22C targeting computer. BV (1.0) = 1,396 (C3: 247), BV (2.0) = 1,744
- A field refit undertaken by the Combine during the Jihad, the 8K is an upgrade of the Warhammer that strips out the weaponry of the 8D. First used in 3073, it was protected by Valiant Ringmail Light Ferro-Fibrous armor, giving it slightly more protection than the 8D and additional mass to use. It put this free weight to work with paired Lord's Light 3 Heavy Particle Beam Weapons. The only backup weapon was a Guided Technologies Streak SRM-4, which had a CASE-protected ammunition bin. Sixteen double heat sinks provide adequate heat-dissipation capabilities, while a C3 Slave Unit enable the 8K to share targeting telemetry with other like-equipped units. BV (2.0) = 1,748
- The Warhammer 8M, introduced in 3069, focused on long range combat. The 'Mech had two ER PPCs, giving it a powerful long range punch, as well as a Light Gauss Rifle that allowed the 'Mech to engage an enemy at extreme ranges. For close combat, the 'Mech carried two ER medium lasers. For heat dissipation, the 8M had a meager twelve double heat sinks, though it carried thirteen tons of armor protection. BV (1.0) = 1,326, BV (2.0) = 1,631
- Taking the concept of the 6D even further, the 9D was built in 3067 on an Endo Steel chassis and used an XL Engine to upgrade the maximum speed to 86 km/h. The 'Mech carried thirteen and a half tons of armor and was armed with two ER PPCs and two ER medium lasers. The 'Mech's weapons were all linked to an advanced Targeting Computer, allowing the Warhammer to direct its firepower with uncanny accuracy. The 9D also has the additional advantage of being able to jump up to ninety meters with three jump jets added to the 'Mech. BV (1.0) = 1,841, BV (2.0) = 2,152
- The 9S Warhammer utilized one of the latest pieces of technology from the Lyran Alliance when it was introduced in 3067. The 'Mech was built using a Light Fusion Engine, which weighed seventy five percent of the weight of a normal fusion engine. The 'Mech uses this saved weight to add two additional heat sinks and upgraded the heat sinks to double heat sinks. The 'Mech carried two ER PPCs and two ER medium lasers and a Streak SRM-6 launcher. It was also well protected with thirteen tons of armor. BV (1.0) = 1,433, BV (2.0) = 1,653
- A mass-produced factory model based on the successful arena custom known as the The Lich, its altered model name referred to 'Mechs to which it owes lineage, the D for the Marauder and CT for the Nova Cat. While lacking The Lichs more exotic experimental and Clan-tech components, it retained the Heavy Gyro, Endo Steel chassis, Light Fusion Engine and twelve and half tons of Light Ferro-Fibrous armor. The weapons themselves were relatively unchanged, mounting a Ceres Arms Thrasher Snub-Nose PPC in each arm, and a pair of Diverse Optics Sunfire ER medium lasers and Ceres Arms Model W medium pulse lasers supported by a Sian/Ceres Stalking Cougar Streak SRM-6 Rack in its torsos. Thirteen double heat sinks and a Targeting Computer rounded out the variant. For electronics the 10CT uses the O/P COM-500 with C3 module communication system and the O/P Scanoptics Type 9+ targeting and tracking system. BV (2.0) = 1,758 
- This Taurian Concordat variant, introduced in 3084, replaced all the standard weapons with two Snub-Nose PPCs, two Light PPCs, two ER Medium Lasers, and an MML-5. Light Ferro-Fibrous armor and CASE protect the 'Mech. The most interesting update was the inclusion of five Improved Jump Jets. Thirteen double heat sinks and an XL Engine completed the 'Mech. BV (2.0) = 1,698
- Dual Cockpit refits
- In the Draconis Combine and the Capellan Confederation, the Warhammer was one of the preferred 'Mechs to install Dual Cockpits on. Standard refits usually installed the Dual Cockpit on a WHM-6R (Draconis Combine, removing two small lasers), a WHM-6L (Capellan Confederation, removing a flamer), or a WHM-7M (both, removing a medium laser).
- WHM-X7 "The Lich"
- This custom version used Experimental Technology to make a fearsome arena fighter. Using a Hybrid Internal Structure and Light Ferro-Fibrous armor for baseline protection, The Lich also uses Armored Sensors, an Armored Engine and a Heavy Duty Gyro to stay in the fight a lot longer. The arm-mounted weapons were replaced with Marauder-style weapons pods carrying a Snub-Nose PPC with PPC Capacitor and an ER medium laser. The standard SRM-6 was replaced with a Clan-tech Streak SRM-6 and the medium lasers upgraded to extended range models. The small lasers were removed, along with the machine guns and their ammunition, while CASE II protected the Streak ammunition. The Lich would prove so successful that it resulted in the creation of the WHD-10CT, a mass-produced factory variant heavily based upon it. BV (2.0) = 1807
When originally released, the PDF of the Warhammer Lich was overweight due to its original Armored Cockpit being at 4 tons. The author replaced the Armored Cockpit with half a ton of armor instead.
- BattleAxe - One of two House Davion BattleMechs that influenced the creation of the Warhammer.
- Hammerhands - The other Davion 'Mech design that influenced the creation of the Warhammer.
- Warhammer IIC - The SLDF's respect for the original Warhammer is reflected by their descendants the Clans, who have produced a ten ton heavier IIC version of the classic design.
- Defiance - Described as a "Warhammer on steroids", the five ton heavier namesake design of Defiance Industries closely apes the visual style and weapons layout of the classic WHM-6R model.
- Thug - The Thug was designed as a replacement for the Warhammer.
- Colonel Donovan Fresnel of the 75th Royal Hussar Regiment became the first SLDF "Gunslinger" to achieve a draw against a DCMS Marauder in 2687 on the world of Minakuchi during an hour-long duel.
- Natasha Kerensky piloted a jet black Warhammer while still serving with Wolf's Dragoons.
- Tai-sa Yorinaga Kurita was a House Kurita warrior who gained notoriety for killing both Ian Davion and Patrick Kell, creating the Genyosha, and battling mercenary Colonel Morgan Kell.
- MechWarrior Esmerelda piloted her own Warhammer during her time in the Solaris City Championship of 3054 and continued to pilot it after she joined Captain Jeremiah Rose and his mercenary unit, the Black Thorns.
- Colonel (Sir) William Dobson piloted a bright orange WHM-6D at the head of the Dahar DMM during the battles on Galtor III. He switched to a captured Kuritan Awesome and was eventually killed.
- Hassan Ali-Khaled, an early recruit and later company commander of the Grey Death Legion used the Warhammer throughout his career.
- Precentor John Christopher, commander of the Word of Blake's Task Force Steel used a WHM-7M during the assault on Terra in 3058.
- Vince Silver pilots a Warhammer in command of Vince's Slayers in 3056. 
- Samantha Davion-Harland pilots a Warhammer as 2IC of Vince's Slayers in 3056.
- Marcus GioAvanti Commander of the Avanti's Angels, piloted a Warhammer for a time before he switched over to a Caesar, the Archangel, a CES-3R. 
The Warhammer was one of the Unseen 'Mech designs.
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 189, "Fiefdom of Randis"
- Technical Readout: 3025, p. 96
- Combat Operations, p. 121
- Technical Readout: 3039, p. 297
- Record Sheets: 3039 Unabridged, p. 489
- Technical Readout: 3025, p. 96
- Technical Readout: 3039, p. 297
- Technical Readout: 3050, p. 172
- Technical Readout: Project Phoenix, p. 46
- Record Sheets: Phoenix Upgrades, p. 189
- Combat Operations, p. 123
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged — Project Phoenix, p. 163
- Technical Readout: 3085, p. 258
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged — Project Phoenix, p. 164
- Record Sheets: Phoenix Upgrades, p. 190
- Combat Operations, p. 128
- Record Sheets: 3039 Unabridged, p. 486
- Record Sheets: Phoenix Upgrades, p. 191
- Record Sheets: 3039 Unabridged, p. 487
- Record Sheets: Phoenix Upgrades, p. 192
- Record Sheets: 3039 Unabridged, p. 488
- Technical Readout: 3075, p. 169
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - Age of War, p. 27
- Era Report: 2750, p. 129
- The Battle for Twycross, pp. 46 & 49
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged — Project Phoenix, p. 175
- Record Sheets: Operation Klondike, p. 47
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged — Project Phoenix, p. 165
- Record Sheets: Phoenix Upgrades, p. 194
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged — Project Phoenix, p. 166
- Record Sheets: Phoenix Upgrades, p. 195
- Combat Operations, p. 132
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged — Project Phoenix, p. 167
- Record Sheets: Phoenix Upgrades, p. 196
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged — Project Phoenix, p. 168
- Record Sheets: 3145 New Tech, New Upgrades, p. 157
- Record Sheets: Phoenix Upgrades, p. 197
- "Old Made New Again"
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged — Project Phoenix, p. 169
- Record Sheets: Phoenix Upgrades, p. 198
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged — Project Phoenix, p. 170
- Record Sheets: Phoenix Upgrades, p. 199
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged — Project Phoenix, p. 171
- Record Sheets: Phoenix Upgrades, p. 200
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged — Project Phoenix, p. 172
- Technical Readout: 3085 Supplemental, p. 32
- Technical Readout: 3085 Supplemental, p. 33
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged — Project Phoenix, p. 173
- Experimental Technical Readout: Gladiators, p. 7
- CBT Forums errata for The Lich corrected
- Technical Readout: 3075, p. 224-226
- Technical Readout: 3075, p. 224-226
- Technical Readout: 3039, p. 274
- The Star League, p. 58 "History - Peace and Prosperity - Urizen's Scheme"
- Gray Death Legion, p. 14, "Fire Lance"
- The Fall of Terra, p. 70 "Personalities - Precentor John Christopher - Commander, Word of Blake Task Force Steel"
- Royalty and Rogues, p.??
- Royalty and Rogues, p.??
- Double-Blind, p.??
- Combat Operations
- Era Report: 2750
- Experimental Technical Readout: Gladiators
- Field Manual: 3145
- Master Unit List
- Old Made New Again
- Record Sheets: 3025/3026
- Record Sheets: 3039 Unabridged
- Record Sheets: 3050
- Record Sheets: 3067
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - Age of War
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged — Project Phoenix
- Record Sheets: 3145 New Tech, New Upgrades
- Record Sheets: Phoenix Upgrades
- Record Sheets: Operation Klondike
- Royalty and Rogues
- Technical Readout: 3025
- Technical Readout: 3039
- Technical Readout: 3050
- Technical Readout: 3075
- Technical Readout: 3085
- Technical Readout: 3085 Supplemental
- Technical Readout: Project Phoenix
- The Battle for Twycross
- The Fall of Terra
- The Star League
- Total Warfare Style Record Sheets: Phoenix Upgrades