Nimakachi Fusion Products Limited,
Taurus Territorial Industries,
Vandenberg Mechanized Industries
|Communications System||O/P 3000 COMSET|
|Targeting Tracking System||O/P 1500 ARB|
The Warhammer BattleMech was introduced in 2515 to be "a mobile 'Mech with enough firepower to destroy or severely damage any 'Mech of the same weight class or lower." In the mission it was designed for, the Warhammer is a very capable 'Mech. The design itself centers on the concept of long-range mobile fire. Because of this, and in order to mount a large enough arsenal to carry out its mission, the Warhammer carries only ten tons of armor, which is less than most 'Mechs of its own weight class. Adding to this is the fact that, although it is based on the concept of "Fire and Maneuver," it has a top speed of 64.8 km/h, which allows faster 'Mechs to close to ranges where the Warhammer's primary weapons are ineffective and its thin armor can be exploited.
The Warhammer is one of the Unseen Mech designs.
The primary weapons on the Warhammer 6R are a pair of arm-mounted Donal PPCs, which use highly charged accelerated particles to cause significant amounts of damage to enemy 'Mechs at long ranges. Together, both PPCs provide the combined firepower of an Autocannon/20 with a much longer range bracket. For close combat situations, the Warhammer carries two Martell Medium Lasers and two Magna Small Lasers, which provide respectable close range firepower. To exploit any weak points in an enemy's armor, a Holly SRM-6 is also carried and two Sperry Browning Machine Guns act as an effective deterrent to infantry attacks.
- WHM-4L - The 4L variant of the Warhammer is one of the newest variants of the 'Mech. It completely strips the armor, the engine, and heat sinks from the 'Mech. The 'Mech is powered by an XL Engine that weighs half as much as the original VOX power plant. The 'Mech also carries double heat sinks to vent the excess from its new weapons and its Stealth Armor. The 4L Warhammers primary weapons are two ER PPCs for long-range combat. These are backed up by four Medium Pulse Lasers and a Streak SRM-6 launcher for close range combat. BV (1.0) = 1,321, BV (2.0) = 1,820
- WHM-5L - This Capellan variant replaces the PPC's with Plasma Rifles. Three ER Medium Lasers and a Streak SRM-4 provide close-in support. Five jump jets allow the Warhammer to jump 150 meters. BV (2.0) = 1,896
- WHM-6D - An alteration of the 6R model, the 6D removed the Machine Guns and the SRM-6 launcher to add an additional four tons of armor to the design to increase its protection in case an enemy is able to close to short ranges with the Warhammer. It also adds a pair of heat sinks. BV (1.0) = 1,169, BV (2.0) = 1,471
- WHM-6K - Another basic modification to the Warhammer, the 6K removes the Machine Guns and their volatile ammunition and replaces them with two heat sinks to allow the 6K model to more easily dissipate waste heat from its PPCs. BV (1.0) = 1,022, BV (2.0) = 1,305
- WHM-6L - The 6L is a very basic weapons swap of the 6R model. The two Machine Guns have been removed and in their place there have been two Flamers added for anti-infantry use. There are no other modifications or alterations on the 6R. BV (1.0) = 943, BV (2.0) = 1,311
- WHM-6Rb - This upgrade of the 6R was used by the SLDF Royal units. The use of seventeen double heat sinks allows an Artemis IV Fire Control System to be added to the SRM-6. Ferro-Fibrous armor increases protection. BV (2.0) = 1,431
- WHM-6Rk - A Star League era variant produced by House Kurita, this Warhammer uses an XL Engine to both increase speed and free weight. There are fifteen double heat sinks to deal with the heat provided by the weapons, and the rest of the free weight has been replaced with armor.
- WHM-6R (C) - A Clan-tech retrofit of the venerable Warhammer intended for second-line and solahma troops does not alter the 'Mechs structural components but replaces most of the Inner Sphere-tech weaponry of the original WHM-6R with Clan equivalents. The PPCs are replaced with Large Pulse Lasers, the SRM-6 is upgraded to a Streak SRM-6, and all of the lasers are upgraded to ER Medium and ER Small Lasers. The Machine Guns remain the Inner Sphere variety.  BV (2.0) = 1,668
- WHM-7A - This variant uses an Endo Steel internal structure and sixteen double heat sinks. The PPCs are upgraded to ER PPCs and an Artemis IV fire control system is added to the SRM launcher. The Machine Guns and Small Lasers of the standard version are replaced with a pair of Small Pulse Lasers. The Medium Lasers in the side torsos are supplemented by two more medium lasers in the center torso. BV (2.0) = 1,679
- WHM-7K - This variant is based on an Endo Steel skeleton. It carries ER PPCs, two Medium Lasers, and two Small Pulse Lasers. The SRM-6 is replaced by a pair of Streak SRM-2 launchers, and a TAG system allows the 7K to spot for friendly artillery units. BV (2.0) = 1,651
- WHM-7M - The 7M variant of the Warhammer removes the two Small Lasers and one of the Machine Guns and replaces them with an Anti-Missile System. Additionally, the 7M upgrades the heat sinks to double heat sinks and replaces the PPCs with ER PPCs. BV (1.0) = 1,238, BV (2.0) = 1,487
- WHM-7S - The 7S Warhammer upgrades most of the 'Mechs weapons and also upgrades the cooling system to double heat sinks. The 'Mech carries two ER PPCs, two Small Lasers, two Medium Pulse Lasers, and two Streak SRM-2 launchers. BV (1.0) = 1,236, BV (2.0) = 1,477
- WHM-8D - The 8D shows some of the weapons exchanges that have taken place during the period of relative peace on the Federated Commonwealth and Draconis Combine border. The 'Mech is built using an Endo Steel chassis and has eighteen double heat sinks to dissipate its massive amounts of heat. The 'Mech carries two ER PPCs in traditional Warhammer fashion. For close range work, the 'Mech has two ER Medium Lasers, two ER Small Lasers, and a Streak SRM-6 launcher. Finally, to allow it to share targeting telemetry with other friendly units, the 8D carries a C3 Slave. BV (1.0) = 1,396 (C3: 247), BV (2.0) = 1,744
- WHM-8K - A field refit undertaken by the Combine during the Jihad, the 8K is an upgrade of the Warhammer that strips out the weaponry of the 8D. It is protected by Valiant Ringmail Light Ferro-Fibrous armor, giving it slightly more protection than the 8D and additional mass to use. It puts this to work with paired Lord's Light 3 Heavy Particle Beam Weapons. The only backup weapon is a Guided Technologies Streak SRM-4, which has a CASE-protected ammunition bin. Sixteen double heat sinks provide adequate heat-dissipation capabilities, while a C3 Slave Unit enable the 8K to share targeting telemetry with other like-equipped units. BV (2.0) = 1,748
- WHM-8M - The Warhammer 8M focuses on long range combat. The 'Mech has two ER PPCs, giving it a powerful long range punch, as well as a Light Gauss Rifle that allows the 'Mech to engage an enemy at extreme ranges. For close combat, the 'Mech has two ER Medium Lasers. For heat dissipation, the 8M has a meager twelve double heat sinks and carries thirteen tons of armor protection. BV (1.0) = 1,326, BV (2.0) = 1,631
- WHM-9D - Taking the concept of the 6D even further, the 9D is built on an Endo Steel chassis and uses an XL Engine to upgrade the maximum speed to 86 km/h. The 'Mech carries thirteen and a half tons of armor and is armed with two ER PPCs and two ER Medium Lasers. The 'Mech's weapons are all linked to an advanced Targeting Computer, allowing the Warhammer to direct its firepower with uncanny accuracy. The 9D also has the additional advantage of being able to jump up to ninety meters with three jump jets added to the 'Mech. BV (1.0) = 1,841, BV (2.0) = 2,152
- WHM-9S - The 9S Warhammer utilizes one of the latest pieces of technology from the Lyran Alliance. The 'Mech is built using a Light Fusion Engine, which weighs seventy five percent of the weight of a normal fusion engine. The 'Mech uses this saved weight to add two additional heat sinks and upgrades the heat sinks to double heat sinks. The 'Mech carries two ER PPCs and two ER Medium Lasers and a Streak SRM-6 launcher. The 'Mech is also clad in thirteen tons of armor. BV (1.0) = 1,433, BV (2.0) = 1,653
- WHD-10CT - A mass-produced factory model based on the successful arena custom known as the The Lich, its altered model name referred to 'Mechs to which it owes lineage, the D for the Marauder and CT for the Nova Cat. While lacking The Lichs more exotic experimental and Clan-tech components, it does retain the Heavy Gyro, Endo steel chassis, Light Fusion Engine and twelve and half tons of Light Ferro-Fibrous armor. The weapons themselves are relatively unchanged, mounting a Ceres Arms Thrasher Snub-Nose PPC in each arm, and a pair of Diverse Optics Sunfire ER Medium Lasers and Ceres Arms Model W Medium Pulse Lasers supported by a Sian/Ceres Stalking Cougar Streak SRM-6 Rack in its torsos. Thirteen double heat sinks and a Targeting Computer round out the variant. BV (2.0) = 1,758 
- WHM-10T - A refit of the 9D replaces the Targeting Computer and jump jets with Improved Jump Jets for a jump range of 210 meters. The ER PPCs are traded for standard PPCs. BV (2.0) = 1,891
- WHM-11T - This Taurian Concordat variant replaces all the standard weapons with two Snub-Nose PPCs, two Light PPCs, two ER Medium Lasers, and an MML-5. Light Ferro-Fibrous armor and CASE protect the 'Mech. The most interesting part is the inclusion of five Improved Jump Jets. Thirteen double heat sinks and an XL Engine complete the 'Mech. BV (2.0) = 1,698
- Dual Cockpit refits: In the Draconis Combine and the Capellan Confederation, the Warhammer is one of the preferred 'Mechs to install Dual Cockpits on. Standard refits usually install the Dual Cockpit on a WHM-6R (Draconis Combine, removing two small lasers), a WHM-6L (Capellan Confederation, removing a flamer), or a WHM-7M (both, removing a medium laser).
 Custom Variants
- WHM-X7 "The Lich" - This custom version uses Experimental Technology to make a fearsome arena fighter. Using a Hybrid Internal Structure and Light Ferro-Fibrous armor for baseline protection, The Lich also uses Armored Sensors, an Armored Engine and a Heavy Duty Gyro to stay in the fight a lot longer. The arm-mounted weapons were replaced with Marauder-style weapons pods carrying a Snub-Nose PPC with PPC Capacitor and an ER Medium Laser. The standard SRM-6 has been replaced with a Clan Streak SRM-6 and the Medium Lasers upgraded to extended range models. The small lasers have been removed, along with the Machine Guns and their ammunition. CASE II protects the Streak ammunition. The Lich would prove so successful, it resulted in the WHD-10CT a mass-produced factory variant heavily based upon it. BV (2.0) = 1807
When originally released, the PDF of the Warhammer Lich was overweight due to its original Armored Cockpit being at 4 tons. The author replaced the Armored Cockpit with half a ton of armor instead.
 Related BattleMechs
- BattleAxe - One of two House Davion BattleMechs that influenced the creation of the Warhammer.
- Hammerhands - The other Davion 'Mech design that influenced the creation of the Warhammer.
- Warhammer IIC - The SLDF's respect for the original Warhammer is reflected by their descendants the Clans, who have produced a ten ton heavier IIC version of the classic design.
- Defiance - Described as a "Warhammer on steroids", the five ton heavier namesake design of Defiance Industries closely apes the visual style and weapons layout of the classic WHM-6R model.
- Thug - The Thug was designed as a replacement for the Warhammer.
 Notable Pilots
- Colonel Donovan Fresnel of the 75th Royal Hussar Regiment became the first SLDF "Gunslinger" to achieve a draw against a DCMS Marauder in 2687 on the world of Minakuchi during an hour-long duel.
- Natasha Kerensky piloted a jet black Warhammer while still serving with Wolf's Dragoons.
- Tai-sa Yorinaga Kurita was a House Kurita warrior who gained notoriety for killing Ian Davion and battling mercenary Colonel Morgan Kell.
- MechWarrior Esmerelda piloted her own Warhammer during her time in the Solaris City Championship of 3054 and continued to pilot it after she joined Captain Jeremiah Rose and his mercenary unit, the Black Thorns.
- Colonel (Sir) William Dobson piloted a bright orange WHM-6D at the head of the Dahar DMM during the battles on Galtor III. He switched to a captured Kuritan Awesome and was eventually killed.
- Hassan Ali Khaled, an early recruit and later company commander of the Grey Death Legion used the Warhammer throughout his career.
- Precentor John Christopher, commander of the Word of Blake's Task Force Steel used a WHM-7M during the assault on Terra in 3058.
- Vince Silver pilots a Warhammer in command of Vince's Slayers in 3056. 
- Samantha Davion-Harland pilots a Warhammer as 2IC of Vince's Slayers in 3056.
 BattleMech Gallery
- ↑ Technical Readout: 3025, p. 96
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Combat Operations, p. 121
- ↑ Technical Readout: 3039, p. 297
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3039 Unabridged, p. 489
- ↑ Technical Readout: 3025, p. 96
- ↑ Record Sheets: Phoenix Upgrades, p. 189
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Combat Operations, p. 123
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged — Project Phoenix, p. 163
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 9.2 9.3 Technical Readout: 3085, p. 258
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged — Project Phoenix, p. 164
- ↑ Record Sheets: Phoenix Upgrades, p. 190
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 12.2 12.3 12.4 Combat Operations, p. 128
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3039 Unabridged, p. 486
- ↑ Record Sheets: Phoenix Upgrades, p. 191
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3039 Unabridged, p. 487
- ↑ Record Sheets: Phoenix Upgrades, p. 192
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3039 Unabridged, p. 488
- ↑ Technical Readout: 3075, p. 169
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - Age of War, p. 27
- ↑ Era Report: 2750, p. 129
- ↑ The Battle for Twycross, pp. 46 & 49
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged — Project Phoenix, p. 175
- ↑ Record Sheets: Operation Klondike, p. 47
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged — Project Phoenix, p. 165
- ↑ Record Sheets: Phoenix Upgrades, p. 194
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged — Project Phoenix, p. 166
- ↑ Record Sheets: Phoenix Upgrades, p. 195
- ↑ 28.0 28.1 Combat Operations, p. 132
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged — Project Phoenix, p. 167
- ↑ Record Sheets: Phoenix Upgrades, p. 196
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged — Project Phoenix, p. 168
- ↑ Record Sheets: Phoenix Upgrades, p. 197
- ↑ "Old Made New Again"
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged — Project Phoenix, p. 169
- ↑ Record Sheets: Phoenix Upgrades, p. 198
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged — Project Phoenix, p. 170
- ↑ Record Sheets: Phoenix Upgrades, p. 199
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged — Project Phoenix, p. 171
- ↑ Record Sheets: Phoenix Upgrades, p. 200
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged — Project Phoenix, p. 172
- ↑ Technical Readout: 3085 Supplemental, p. 32
- ↑ Technical Readout: 3085 Supplemental, p. 33
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged — Project Phoenix, p. 173
- ↑ Experimental Technical Readout: Gladiators, p. 7
- ↑ CBT Forums errata for The Lich corrected
- ↑ Technical Readout: 3075, p. 224-226
- ↑ Technical Readout: 3075, p. 224-226
- ↑ Technical Readout: 3039, p. 274
- ↑ Royalty and Rogues
- ↑ Royalty and Rogues
- Combat Operations
- Era Report: 2750
- Experimental Technical Readout: Gladiators
- Master Unit List: Battle Values
- Old Made New Again
- Record Sheets: 3025/3026
- Record Sheets: 3039 Unabridged
- Record Sheets: 3050
- Record Sheets: 3067
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - Age of War
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged — Project Phoenix
- Record Sheets: Phoenix Upgrades
- Record Sheets: Operation Klondike
- Technical Readout: 3025
- Technical Readout: 3039
- Technical Readout: 3050
- Technical Readout: 3075
- Technical Readout: 3085
- Technical Readout: 3085 Supplemental
- Technical Readout: Project Phoenix
- The Battle for Twycross
- Total Warfare Style Record Sheets: Phoenix Upgrades