The Medium Laser is a mid-range weapon of the standard type from the laser class of weaponry.
|Type||Energy (Direct Fire)|
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere (IS)|
|Year Introduced||IS = 2300 TA|
|Year Extinction||Clan = 2850|
'Laser' stands for "Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation", a device that focuses an amplified beam of light on a small surface area. The medium laser uses this intensified beam of light to damage targets by heating them to melting temperatures. The relatively compact size and effectiveness of the Medium Laser attributes its widespread use over many types of combat units, though it is regarded as a "Heavy Support Laser" when carried by infantry squads or mounted on powered armor.
Being one of the most common and oldest class of weapon system in use there are a vast number of manufacturers and factories producing this system. This reference should not be considered complete.
The Medium Laser has been used in various video games, each with their own stats for the weapon; below is a list of the games that use it along with a link to each version's stats:
- TechManual, p. 317, "Inner Sphere Weapons and Equipment BV Table"
- BattleTech Master Rules
- Total Warfare
- Combat Operations
- Historical: Reunification War
- Mercenaries Supplemental II
- Technical Readout: 3025
- Technical Readout: 3025 Revised
- Technical Readout: 3026
- Technical Readout: 3026 Revised
- Technical Readout: 2750
- Technical Readout: 3050
- Technical Readout: 3050 Revised
- Technical Readout: 3055
- Technical Readout: 3055 Revised
- Technical Readout: 3055 Upgrade
- Technical Readout: 3057
- Technical Readout: 3057 Revised
- Technical Readout: 3058
- Technical Readout: 3060
- Technical Readout: 3067
- Technical Readout: Project Phoenix
- Technical Readout: 3075