Gibson Federated BattleMechs,
|Engine||Core Tek 275|
|Communications System||Garret T11-b|
|Targeting Tracking System||Sync Tracker (39-42071)|
|Jump Jets||Northrup 12000|
The Wolverine was developed as a fast strike 'Mech. With a top speed of 86.4 km/h and a jumping distance of one hundred and fifty meters, the Wolverine meets the speed requirements for just such a machine. The model has become known for its versatility and is considered a jack of all trades throughout the Inner Sphere. With the same electronics package as the Phoenix Hawk and mobility that allows it to keep up with most medium 'Mechs, the Wolverine is often used for command purposes when working with medium units, in spite of the terrible visibility and cramped cockpit due to the placement of the head-mounted medium laser. The jump jets on the design are prone to failure and, because of this, there are some variants that completely remove them from the design (in favor of more armor or weapons).
The Wolverine is one of the Unseen Mech designs.
The Wolverine carries a weapons payload that is both versatile and, at the same time, limited by its ammunition dependencies. The primary weapon on board is a GM Whirlwind Autocannon/5. This weapon allows the Wolverine to cause damage to the enemy at respectable ranges. This is backed up for short range work by a Harpoon-6 SRM-6 launcher and a single Magna Mk II Medium Laser.
- The 6K Wolverine is similar in many respects to the 6R. The 'Mech carries as its primary weapon a Large Laser with two Medium Lasers and one Small Laser utilized as backup weapons. The 6K also removes the jump jets from the Wolverine, adds two heat sinks, and increases the armor protection by two tons. BV (1.0) = 970, BV (2.0) = 1,248
- Constructed as a solution to the Wolverine's dependence on ammunition weapons, along with the Marik preference for lasers, the 6M variant is built around a Large Laser. The autocannon has been removed in order to make room. This is backed up by two Medium Lasers and the SRM-6. Finally, the 6M carries fourteen heat sinks to help with the additional heat load. BV (1.0) = 1,059, BV (2.0) = 1,291
- The 7D variant of the Wolverine is a major upgrade to the design. The standard engine on the 'Mech was replaced with an XL version and the armor has been upgraded to Ferro-Fibrous material. To increase the Wolverine's speed, MASC has been added, allowing it to move up 108 kph in bursts. Finally, the weapons payload has been upgraded as well. The Autocannon has been upgraded to an Ultra Autocannon/5 and the Medium Laser is now a Medium Pulse Laser. The design retains its jumping capability, as well as the SRM-6. BV (1.0) = 1,090, BV (2.0) = 1,314
- Similar in many ways to the 7D, the 7H—referred to as the Wolverine II—was used by the Royal Brigades of the SLDF and was also an upgrade of the 6R. It utilizes an Endo Steel structure, Ferro-Fibrous armor, and double heat sinks to increase combat capabilities. Extra armor protects the legs, while CASE protects all the ammo bins. Like the 7D, the autocannon is upgraded to an Ultra-class model and the Medium Laser is upgraded to a pulse version. In addition, the SRM-6 is slaved to an Artemis IV Fire Control System to improve the accuracy of the individual missiles. BV (2.0) = 1,301
- Another major upgrade of the Wolverine, the 7K model is also built with an XL Engine for power. The saved weight has allowed the 'Mech to increase and upgrade its arsenal. The primary weapon is a Large Pulse Laser, which is backed up by a Medium and a Small Pulse Laser, as well as two SRM-6 launchers. The 'Mech uses thirteen double heat sinks to dissipate the added heat from the laser arsenal. Additionally, the 7K does have jump jets and can jump up to 150 meters. BV (1.0) = 1,165, BV (2.0) = 1,331
- The 7M variant of the Wolverine has aspects of both the 7D and the 7K versions. The 'Mech uses an XL Engine, which is augmented with MASC, so as to push the machine up to 108 km/h in bursts. The 7M has twelve double heat sinks and, for a weapons package, it carries two ER Large Lasers, two Medium Pulse Lasers, and an SRM-6 for close range work. BV (1.0) = 1,309, BV (2.0) = 1,673
- The 8C variant of the Wolverine is built on an Endo Steel chassis and uses an XL Engine for power. It carries a Large Pulse Laser as its primary weapon, as well as a Medium Pulse Laser and a Small Pulse Laser. This version also carries two Streak SRM-6 launchers and a C3 Slave Unit, which allows it to share targeting telemetry with friendly units. BV (1.0) = 1,356 (C3: 125), BV (2.0) = 1,447
- The 8D Wolverine is an update that incorporates some of the newest equipment to the AFFS. The 'Mech is built with an Endo Steel chassis and uses an XL Engine augmented with MASC, enabling speeds of up to 108 km/h. Its main gun is a Rotary Autocannon/2, backed up by an ER Medium Laser and a Streak SRM-6 launcher. Both the Rotary Autocannon and the ER Medium Laser are linked to an advanced Targeting Computer, making the Wolverine extremely accurate. BV (1,0) = 1,354, BV (2.0) = 1,547
- The 8K Wolverine is built using an Extra-Light Engine for power. It uses fifteen double heat sinks for its high heat load and carries, as its main weapon, an ER PPC. This is backed up by an ER Medium Laser and a Medium Pulse Laser. Finally, to exploit any weak points in an enemy's armor, the 'Mech carries a Streak SRM-6 launcher. BV (1.0) = 1,481, BV (2.0) = 1,576
- The 9D Wolverine has some similar qualities to the 8D, such as the Endo Steel chassis and the Extra-Light Engine. The 'Mech carries, as its main weapon, a Rotary Autocannon/2. This is backed up by two Medium Pulse Lasers and a Streak SRM-6 launcher. It also carries a TAG laser designator, to designate targets for Arrow IV artillery attacks. Unlike the 8D, this variant does not jump, though it does retain the MASC. BV (1.0) = 1,123, BV (2.0) = 1,369
- The 9K uses a Light Engine for power. The resulting decrease in tonnage necessitated a complete revision of the weapon systems. Its main gun is the Snub-Nose PPC mounted in the right arm. An SRM-4 is the only other heat-building weapon mounted on the 'Mech. A trio of Light Machine Guns are also in the arm, linked to a Machine Gun Array to deter infantry. To counteract battle armor, the 9K carries a pair of B-Pods. This Wolverine variant carries a Sword in its left hand and a C3 Slave in the head to feed targeting telemetry back to lance-mates. Triple Strength Myomers make the sword more powerful and the design faster when they heat up, but a MechWarrior must disengage some of the ten double heat sinks in order to build the necessary heat. In light of the heavier engine, the inclusion of a Compact Gyro seems unhelpful at best. BV (2.0) = 1,397
- The Wolverine 9M is powered by a Nissan XL Engine that allows the 'Mech to move at speeds of up to 86.4 km/h while sacrificing durability. The 9M can also jump up to one hundred and fifty meters, as with most other variants. The 9M is armed with a Fusigon Strongtooth Heavy PPC as its primary weapon, which has a a similar damage profile to a Clan ER PPC, but at reduced ranges. This is backed up by a Diverse Optics ER Medium Laser and a Guided Technologies Second Generation Streak SRM-6 launcher for close combat. BV (2.0) = 1,617
- This variant carries a pair of Light PPCs, an MML-5 with Artemis IV, and a single ER Medium Laser. To coordinate fire with friendly units, it's equipped with an Improved C3 Computer. Seven Improved Jump Jets provide a 210 meter jump range, and the Mech is protected by an experimental CASE II system and Light Ferro-Fibrous armor. BV (2.0) = 1,404
- An ER Medium Laser and ER Small Laser provide close range firepower. An Artemis IV system attached to an MML-5 and a pair of Light PPCs provide long range firepower. A C3 Slave shares targeting data, while a Guardian ECM Suite disrupts enemy electronics. Light Ferro-Fibrous armor and CASE protect the Wolverine. Seven Improved Jump Jets improve mobility. BV (2.0) = 1,480
 Notable Pilots
- Salome Ward piloted a Star League-era Wolverine for nearly her entire career, from her early adventures with the Kell Hounds to the Battle of Luthien.
 Wolverine IIC
Although no designated IIC variant of the Wolverine exists, technically the Conjurer (Hellhound) is the Wolverine-IIC in all but name. The Clans would not name a BattleMech like the Not-Named Clan, however, and elected to rename the redesigned 'Mech that nevertheless is nothing but a reworked Wolverine concept.
ComStar even reported early the Conjurer as Wolverine-IIC in early sightings, presumably based on assumptions drawn from the obvious nature of the 'Mech.
- This has been confirmed by the canon authors on the CBT forum.
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 Technical Readout: 3039, p. 290-291, "WVR-6R Wolverine"
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Combat Operations, p. 121
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3039 Unabridged, p. 465
- ↑ Technical Readout: 3025, p. 70
- ↑ Historical: Operation Klondike, pp.167-168
- ↑ Record Sheets: Phoenix Upgrade, p. 108
- ↑ Record Sheets: Phoenix Upgrade, pg. 106
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 8.3 Combat Operations, p. 125
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3039 Unabridged, p. 463
- ↑ Record Sheets: Phoenix Upgrade, p. 107
- ↑ Combat Operations, p. 130
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3039 Unabridged, p. 464
- ↑ Record Sheets: Phoenix Upgrade, p. 109
- ↑ 14.0 14.1 14.2 Combat Operations, p. 128
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged — Project Phoenix, p. 86
- ↑ Technical Readout: 3075, p. 169
- ↑ Record Sheets: Operation Klondike, p. 41
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - Age of War, p. 23
- ↑ Record Sheets: Phoenix Upgrade, p. 110
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged — Project Phoenix, p. 87
- ↑ Record Sheets: Phoenix Upgrade, p. 111
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged — Project Phoenix, p. 88
- ↑ Record Sheets: Phoenix Upgrade, p. 112
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged — Project Phoenix, p. 89
- ↑ Record Sheets: Phoenix Upgrade, p. 113
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged — Project Phoenix, p. 90
- ↑ Record Sheets: Phoenix Upgrade, p. 114
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged — Project Phoenix, p. 91
- ↑ Record Sheets: Phoenix Upgrade, p. 115
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged — Project Phoenix, p. 92
- ↑ Record Sheets: Phoenix Upgrade, p. 116
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged — Project Phoenix, p. 93
- ↑ Record Sheets: Phoenix Upgrade, p. 117 & "Alys Marik's Ace-in-the-Hole?"
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged — Project Phoenix, p. 94
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged — Project Phoenix, p. 95
- ↑ Technical Readout: 3085, p. 245
- Alys Marik's Ace-in-the-Hole?
- Master Unit List
- Record Sheets: 3025/3026
- Record Sheets: 3039 Unabridged
- Record Sheets: 3050
- Record Sheets: 3067
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - Age of War
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged — Project Phoenix
- Record Sheets: Phoenix Upgrades
- Technical Readout: 3025
- Technical Readout: 3039
- Technical Readout: 3050
- Technical Readout: 3075
- Technical Readout: 3085
- Technical Readout: Project Phoenix
- Total Warfare Style Record Sheets: Phoenix Upgrades