|Type||Ballistic (Direct, Rapid Fire)|
|Tech Base|| Inner Sphere (IS)|
|Year Availability||3062 (FS)|
|Short Range|| Inner Sphere = 1-5
Clan = 1-7
|Medium Range|| Inner Sphere = 6-10
Clan = 8-14
|Long Range|| Inner Sphere = 11-15
Clan = 15-21
|Aerospace Range|| Inner Sphere = Medium
Clan = Long
|Critical Slots|| Clan: 8
Inner Sphere: 6
|Ammo Per Ton||20|
|Ammo Cost (per ton)||12,000|
|BV (2.0)|| 247 |
Developed in 3062 by the Federated Commonwealth, the Rotary Autocannon/5 is based only loosely on the Autocannon/5. While it has the same bore, it is capable of firing up to six times as many rounds as its standard cousin, allowing it to deal up to three times the damage of even an Ultra AC/5. The weapon may be used to fire up to six times in a turn, with each additional shot giving the potential for increased damage. At the same time, each extra shot increases the amount of heat the autocannon builds and increases the chance for a jam. Like the Ultra autocannon, Rotary autocannons are unable to make use of special munitions.
The Rotary AC/5 is manufactured on the following planets:
|Mydron Tornado||Gulkana||Yeffters Weapons Factory||???|||
|Mydron Model RC||???||General Motors||???|||
- Tactical Operations, p. 286, "Clan Rotary Autocannon (RAC)"
- TechManual, pp. 207-208, "Rotary Autocannon"
- TechManual, p. 341, "Inner Sphere Heavy Weapons And Equipment Table"
- Tactical Operations, p. 404, "Heavy Weapons And Equipment Combat Data"
- Tactical Operations, p. 405, "Heavy Weapons And Equipment Construction Data"
- TechManual, p. 317, "Inner Sphere Weapons and Equipment BV Table"