Arrow IV Artillery
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Read more →
|Arrow IV Artillery|
|Tech Base||Clan / Inner Sphere (IS)|
|Year Availability||Clan = 2850|
|Long Range|| Clan = 9 Maps
IS = 8 Maps
|Tons|| Clan = 12
IS = 15
|Critical Slots|| Clan = 12
IS = 15
|Ammo Per Ton||5|
|Ammo Cost (per ton)||10,000|
|BV (2.0)|| Clan = 168
IS = 240
The Arrow IV is a stand-alone, missile based, artillery system, designed to augment conventional systems such as the Long Tom and the Sniper. It was first introduced by the Terran Hegemony in 2600 and became a staple of the Star League Defense Force. Although the technology to create Arrow IVs was lost during the Star League's collapse, it was recovered by Capellan Confederation engineers in 3044 working off of surviving examples and the Helm Memory Core.
Arrow IV launchers can be equipped with standard unguided area saturation missiles, causing massive damage to any unit within its 45-meter blast radius, or homing missiles which work in concert with forward units carrying Target Acquisition Gear to lessen collateral damage. The Clan version is lighter, and can also deliver a FASCAM (Field Artillery Scatterable Mines) round.
Alternative Ammunition Types
- Air-Defense Arrow Missile
- Arrow IV Homing Missile
- Cluster Arrow Missile
- Thunder/FASCAM Arrow Missile
- Illumination Arrow Missile
- Laser-Inhibiting Arrow Missile
- Inferno-IV Missile
- Smoke Arrow Missile
- Davy Crockett
Other Non-Artillery Arrow IV Ammunition Types
- Anti-Ship Missile
- Anti-Ship Electronic Warfare Missile
- Air-to-Air Arrow Missile
- Air-Launched Arrow Missile
- Air-Launched Arrow Homing Missile
Arrow IV Artillery is manufactured on the following planets:
|Luxor Mobile Battery 1||Menke||Menke Armor and Armament||???|||
|Shigunga||Luthien||Luthien Armor Works||???|||
|Valiant Catapult||Robinson||Valiant Systems||???|||
|Lithobolos||Alphard||Marian Arms Incorporated||Testudo Siege Tank|||
Alternative Ammunition Gallery
- Tactical Operations, pp. 404-405, "Heavy Weapons And Equipment Combat And Construction Data"
- Tactical Operations, p. 184, "Artillery Ordnance Table"
- Tactical Operations, p. 181, "Artillery Ranges Table"
- Tactical Operations, p. 284, "Artillery - Arrow IV Artillery Missile"
- BattleTech Master Rules, p. 123-124, "Artillery Weapons - Arrow IV Artillery Missile System"
- Technical Readout: 3145 Mercenaries, p. 20, "Testudo Siege Tank"