- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|Manufacturer||Luthien Armor Works|
|Production Year||Introduction Year::3058|
|Mech type||Inner Sphere BattleMech|
|Chassis||Alshain Class 92b|
|Armor||StarSlab/3 with CASE|
|Engine||Hermes 320 XL|
|Communications System||Sipher Security Plus|
|Targeting Tracking System||Matabushi Sentinel|
|Heat Sinks||10 Double heat sinks|
Its name derived from a merger of Japanese words for monster "o-bake" and "bakemono", the O-Bakemono is considered by many to be the ideal fire support 'Mech. The O-Bakemono weighs in at eighty tons and has a top speed of 64.8 km/h, which is considered a good ground speed for an assault 'Mech. The O-Bakemono carries fourteen tons of armor with CASE to protect the 'Mech from complete destruction in the event of an ammunition explosion. Overall, the O-Bakemono accomplishes its mission as a fire support 'Mech well and with the 'Mech's intended combat mission and long reach both the speed and armor protection of the O-Bakemono are considered more than adequate. The O-Bakemono was tested on Towne by the 17th Recon Regiment.
Weapons and Equipment
The primary weapons on the O-Bakemono are a pair of Shigunga Arrow IV Systems. The Arrow IVs have an effective range of up to three kilometers, allowing the O-Bakemono to stay at extreme ranges and rain missiles onto the battlefield while friendly units spot for it. For close range defense, the O-Bakemono has two Diverse Optics Type 20 Medium Lasers and a ChisComp 32 Small Laser.
- This variant is a result of the difficulty in repairing units during the bitter fighting of the Jihad. The M11 downgrades the O-Bakemono's engine to a standard 240 Pitban, reducing its top speed to 54 km/h. The artillery pieces, along with their expensive ammunition, are removed and replaced with a pair of cheap MRM 40s, each of which carries four tons of ammo. Four additional double heat sinks keep the 'Mech cool, while a C3 Slave Unit helps guide the hail of missiles the M11 can produce. BV (1.0) = 1,538, BV (2.0) = 1,793
- The M12 is a rarer variant due to the difficulty involved in the modifications to the 'Mech's loadout. The variant on the M11 removes two heat sinks and two tons of ammo to replace the C3 unit with a C3 Computer so that it can coordinate a lance's fire. BV (1.0) = 1,418, BV (2.0) = 1,732
- Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade, pp. 150-151, "O-Bakemono Profile"
- MUL online date for the O-Bakemono
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 303
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Inner Sphere), p. 284
- Hearts of Chaos, p. 303
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 304
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Inner Sphere), p. 285
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 305
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Inner Sphere), p. 286
- Technical Readout: 3058, p. 134