|Manufacturer||Manufacturing Plant WA3|
|Chassis||Type BMH-7 Endo Steel|
|Armor||Forged Type 34 Standard|
|Engine||Fusion 400 XL|
|Communications System||Type G3 Mk. XII|
|Targeting Tracking System||ArTrack 2 TTS|
|Heat Sinks||12 Double heat sinks|
The Naga is a fire-support successor to the first-generation Woodsman OmniMech, but is an oddity in many ways. Most of what could be pod space for the design is actually taken up by a pair of fixed Arrow IV Artillery Systems. These weapon systems required a lateral extension of the Woodsman's torsos, giving the Naga a unique appearance. The Naga is also odd in that, despite being a dedicated artillery OmniMech, it is quite quick and poorly armored, perhaps as additional deterrents to pilots who might want to utilize this OmniMech in close quarters. Such combat is left to the Naga's two sister designs, the Timber Wolf and the Gargoyle.
Following the success of the design at the Battle of Tukayyid, the Naga has spread from Clan Wolf to a handful of other Clans, interested in capitalizing on its utility. This fast assault 'Mech mounts a meager nine tons of armor, but tactical doctrine keeps it far from the front lines. The Naga is often derided because it rarely allows for the glory that comes from an individual kill.
By end of 3085, the Naga would ceased being produced in Clan Space. Not a popular design among remaining Clan Space based Clans, its production facilities would repurposed to produced the Septicemia OmniMech. Clan Goliath Scorpion would flee Clan space, taking the last Naga with them.
Weapons and Equipment
The primary armament is the pair of Arrow IV Artillery Systems, capable of firing rounds that home in on a target designated by TAG with a variety of indirect munitions. However, the size of these weapons prevents the Naga from being both nimble and well-armored. Designers favored maneuverability, so the Naga is decidedly under-armored for its mass. Twelve double heat sinks help to keep heat in check.
Each configuration varies the short-range defense for this glorified artillery piece. The primary configuration carries six tons of ammunition and three ER Small Lasers.
- Alt. Config. B
- This variant carries four tons of ammunition, three ER Mediums and an ER Small. BV (1.0) = 1,379, BV (2.0) = 2,021
- Woodsman - The parent BattleMech for the Naga, the Woodsman's torso was extended laterally to envelop two Arrow IV missile systems, giving the torso of the Naga an appearance similar to the hood of a cobra.
- Gargoyle - The Naga, the Gargoyle, and the Timber Wolf OmniMechs were derived from the same BattleMech design, the Woodsman.
- Timber Wolf - Though a significant departure from the Naga, the Timber Wolf was designed as a slightly smaller variation on the Woodsman.
- MUL online date for the Naga (OmniMech)
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 150
- Technical Readout: 3055, p. 140
- Technical Readout: 3055 Upgrade, p. 92
- Technical Readout: 3050 Upgrade, p. 138
- The Wars of Reaving Supplemental, p. 17 Discarded Tools of War - Naga listed as among the 'Mechs phased out due need for production facilities.
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 151
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 152
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 153
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 154
- Technical Readout: 3050 Upgrade, pp. 136-138
- Technical Readout: 3050 Upgrade, p. 136
- Technical Readout: 3058, p. 134
- Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade, p.150
- Master Unit List: Battle Values
- Record Sheets: 3055/3058
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrade
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged
- Technical Readout: 3055
- Technical Readout: 3055 Revised
- Technical Readout: 3055 Upgrade
- Technical Readout: 3058
- Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade
- Technical Readout: 3050 Upgrade