Sniper Artillery Piece
- Community Outreach - Interview with Jennifer Brozek, Author Of “The Nellus Academy Incident”
- BattleTech Releases Teaser Video For New Expansion: Flashpoint
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games, "MechWarrior 3050"
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Posts Treasure Trove Of Original ‘Mech Design Docs
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games, "The Crescent Hawks' Inception"
- Read more →
|Tech Base||Clan / Inner Sphere (IS)|
|Year Availability||PS/PS |
|Long Range||18 Maps|
|Ammo Per Ton||10|
|Ammo Cost (per ton)||6,000|
|BV (2.0)|| Clan = 96 |
The Sniper Rifle Artillery Piece is the smaller cousin to the Long Tom Artillery Piece designed by Armstrong Industries. As the second most-powerful tube artillery in the Inner Sphere, the Sniper can cripple or destroy most light and medium BattleMechs with a single hit. The weapon has an effective range of 9 kilometers. While usable as field artillery, the Sniper is also mounted on several vehicles: the Marksman, Padilla Artillery Tank, Sniper Artillery Tank, and Teppō. It was also mounted on the BattleMech Helepolis, though the 'Mech proved ineffective as an artillery mount.
The Sniper Artillery Piece is manufactured on the following planets:
|Sniper Rifle||Bainsville||Armstrong Industries|
|DAT/96 Sniper Artillery Cannon||Hegemony Arms|
|Type S3 Sniper Artillery Piece||Unknown||Luthien Armor Works|
The Sniper Artillery Rifle prior to revision artillery rules, was considered optional standard equipment, using old Level 2 Rules. After introduction Total Warfare rule set, the equipment was re-shuffled to the Advanced rules. Which made it no longer considered playable in Tournament, thus Non-Tournament Legal.
The Sniper artillery's ammunition options were expanded to include Smoke, Anti-Personnel, Illumination, Incendiary, Copperhead, Flechette, Thunder/FASCAM, Cluster, and High Explosive Rounds (High Explosive rounds considered the "Standard" rounds for tube artilery). The standard rounds damage was increased from the old Damage = 10/5 to 20/10 damage.
(References to Sniper Artillery Piece)
- Sniper Artillery Cannon (Variant of Sniper Artillery Piece)
- Tactical Operation, p. 405 - "Heavy Weapons and Equipment Combat Construction Data - Tech Base".
- Tactical Operation, p. 405 - "Heavy Weapons and Equipment Combat Construction Data - Latest Intro Date (IS/Clan)".
- Tactical Operation, p. 423 - "Artillery Ordnance" - Sniper damage capacity using High Explosive (Standard) rounds.
- Tactical Operation, p. 404 - "Heavy Weapons and Equipment Combat Data - Sniper maximum range".
- Tactical Operations, p. 385, "Clan Weapons and Equipment BV Table"
- Tactical Operations, p. 383, "Inner Sphere Weapons and Equipment BV Table"
- Technical Readout: 3050 Upgrade, p. 172
- Technical Readout: 3085, p. 32
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2, p. 142 Pollux ADA Heavy Tank - "Pollux's weapon systems include artillery piece, despite being called a cannon."
- Technical Readout: 3145 Draconis Combine, p. 26-27, "SM2 Heavy Artillery Vehicle"
- BattleTech Compendium: Rules of Warfare, p. 116
- BattleTech Master Rules, p. 116
- Tactical Operations, p. 284