Air-Launched Arrow Homing Missile
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Community Outreach - TwinkyOverlord of EmpyreaL, Current MWO Champs!
- Read more →
The Air-Launched Arrow Homing Missile was developed by the Terran Hegemony in 2600 as a companion to the ground-based Arrow IV Homing Missile. The design was similarly lost during the destruction of the Succession Wars until it was recovered by the Capellan Confederation in 3046 to make up for the lack of ground-based launchers. While offering incredibly destructive potential and pinpoint accuracy, the enormous drag created by the weapon makes it an unpopular choice for pilots.
Air-Launched Arrow Missiles weigh 1 ton and take up 5 bomb slots. They function the same as regular Arrow Homing missiles, however they may not be fired by units at an altitude of 3 or lower on the Low Altitude map, nor can they be used against airborne targets. Aerospace units may not fire a missile and TAG in the same turn, but may release it and then guide it to the target on the following turn.
- Tactical Operations, pp. 358-359, "Arrow VI Homing Missiles (Air-Launched Version)"