- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
A BattleMech Claw is a melee weapon most frequently used in the arena fighting on Solaris. The Claw consists of a series of hardened steel blades mounted on reinforced tungsten frames. Mounted in place of a 'Mech’s hand actuator, the Claw is used to grab, twist, and otherwise shear off an opponent's armor plating.
The Claw may have inspired the Talons created by the Jade Falcons.
A Claw can only be mounted in an arm and takes the place of a hand actuator. The Claw inflicts 1 point of damage for every seven tons of weight. It uses up one critical slot for every fifteen tons of 'Mech weight (rounding up). Because the Claws are bulkier and less agile than the standard hand actuator, they inflict a +1 to hit penalty.
- Tactical Handbook, p. 288