|Unit Profile (as of 3062)|
|Nickname||The Iron Fist |
The Lyran Guards were the second Lyran brigade mustered after the formation of the Lyran Commonwealth. Unlike the Arcturan Guards, the Lyran Guards recruited its soldiers from across the Commonwealth, and, second only to the Royal Guards, is the most prestigious commission in the LCAF. At its zenith prior to the Clan Invasion, the Lyran Guards numbered some 60 regiments, 14 of them were Mech units.
Formed as a result of the creation of the Commonwealth as a bond of the three founding states. Because of its prestige and high regards the brigade can select from its future graduates. Since their founding the regiments of this brigade have fought in nearly every offensive or defensive engagement and secured many victories. During the FedCom Civil War the main body stayed neutral with some exceptions. After the Jihad ended, the Lyran Guards were the only LCAF brigade capable of fielding full RCT's.
By 3085 the losses sustained by the Lyran Guards regiments hadn't been replaced. The brigade fielded two RCTs, but the rest of the unit was based on the new Light Combat Team model. Though the Guards saw the need for this immediately after the end of the Jihad, many members of the Guards were sure the LCAF could rebuild missing Guard units or at least expand the existing units. With other brigades being rebuilt and receiving the best academy graduates and machines, the Lyran Guards grow envious of their countrymen.
General Ivan Steiner, eldest son of Nondi Steiner, lead the brigade since 3057 with mixed success. His good connection through the marriage to the daughter of the CEO of Defiance Industries of Hesperus granted him a position with high influence.
 Units of the Lyran Guards
- 1st Lyran Guards - (Destroyed on Orkney by Clan Jade Falcon)
- 2nd Lyran Guards - (Destroyed in 2789)
- 3rd Lyran Guards
- 5th Lyran Guards
- 6th Lyran Guards - (Destroyed) 
- 8th Lyran Guards] - (Destroyed during Succession Wars)
- 10th Lyran Guards - (Merged with 1st Davion Guards in February 3068)
- 11th Lyran Guards - (Disbanded after Operation Serpent?)
- 12th Lyran Guards - (Mentioned in Sorenson's Sabres (scenario pack)) 
- 13th Lyran Guards - (Destroyed in 3066)
- 14th Lyran Guards
- 15th Lyran Guards - (Destroyed) 
- 19th Lyran Guards - (Destroyed on Jabuka by Clan Steel Viper)
- 24th Lyran Guards
- 26th Lyran Guards - (Destroyed) 
- 30th Lyran Guards - (Deserted)
- 32nd Lyran Guards
- 36th Lyran Guards - (Destroyed) 
- 54th Lyran Guards
The remaining regiments stay their ground and wait the things to come. Their equipment is up to date and only the Royal Guards have better access to supplies.
 Color Scheme and Unit Insignia
The Lyran Guards paint their machines in Lyran blue and white.
- ↑ Field Manual: Lyran Alliance, p. 75
- ↑ Field Report: LCAF, p. 12
- ↑ Field Manual: 3085, p. 101
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 Field Report: Lyran Alliance p.12
- ↑ Jihad Turning Points: New Avalon, p. 5
- ↑ Sorenson's Sabres (scenario pack) pp. 46-47
- ↑ Mercenaries Supplemental, p. 28