|Unit Profile (as of 3067)|
Originally a Lyran national brigade (mustered, disbanded and remustered) used for hopeless missions, the Lyran Regulars were raised from Lyran veterans, hired mercenaries, the remnants of the Rim Worlds Republic Military, and the remnants of the SLDF which remained in Lyran space. The Lyran Regulars lack patronage, and specialize in tactics considered "unorthodox" within the LAAF. As such, the Lyran Regulars are the only brigade lacking a political agenda. The modern Lyran Regulars are basically a training cadre, and are poorly equipped.
The Lyran Regulars see themselves as the backbone of the LCAF, providing a capable, no-frills combat force that's more interested in getting the job done than playing the political games so common in the LCAF's upper echelons. After the Jihad ended most of the Lyran Regular units had more troops available than any other Lyran command, but these troops suffered from very low morale. The LCAF High Command saw them as reliable defensive units but was in no hurry to use them offensively.
Their history as a defensive command was changed in Operation HAMMERFALL. The entire Regulars brigade was used during that attack, and though they initially were successful, the tides of war turned against them. The brigade lost four Lyran Regulars regiments to combat, and the rest of the Regulars were heavily damaged.
Units of the Lyran Regulars
- 1st Lyran Regulars - (Destroyed during Operation Revival)
- 3rd Lyran Regulars
- 4th Lyran Regulars - (Suffered heavy losses against the 9th Regulan Hussars)
- 5th Lyran Regulars - (Destroyed by Free Skye forces during the FedCom Civil War)
- 6th Lyran Regulars - (Destroyed during the Third Succession War; reformed sometime before the Dark Age)
- 7th Lyran Regulars
- 8th Lyran Regulars
- 9th Lyran Regulars
- 10th Lyran Regulars
- 11th Lyran Regulars
- 12th Lyran Regulars - (Destroyed around 2928; survivors formed Markson's Marauders mercenary unit.) 
- 13th Lyran Regulars - (Destroyed during Third Succession War; survivors joined 7th Lyran Regulars)
- 14th Lyran Regulars - (Destroyed)
- 15th Lyran Regulars
- 22nd Lyran Regulars - (Destroyed during Third Succession War; survivors joined 7th Lyran Regulars)
- 23rd Lyran Regulars - (Supposed to be destroyed on Sakhalin between 2860 and 2863)
- 65th Lyran Regulars - (Deserted along with Hendrik Grimm)
- There are conflicting reports as to which regiment deserted with Hendrik Grimm, with some sources claiming it was the 54th Lyran Regulars and others claiming it was the 65th Lyran Regulars.
Color Schemes and Unit Insignia
The Lyran Regulars paint their equipment "drab green" (mottled between olive and pine green), with tan or khaki highlights.
- Field Report: LAAF, p. 13
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 128
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3070, p. 16-17
- Field Manual: Updates p. 171
- Field Manual: Mercenaries Revised p. 90