9th Regulan Hussars
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Read more →
|9th Regulan Hussars BattleMech Regiment|
|Unit Profile (as of 3059)|
|Nickname||Planning for the Future|
|Parent Formation||Regulan Hussars|
The Ninth Regulan Hussars were lured into a Capellan ambush in 2995. Though they were able to withdraw from the field, they lost over two thirds of their personnel. Rather than disband the unit, Janos Marik ordered the LCCC to rebuild the 9th Hussars. To provide enough bodies the LCCC transferred in two battalions of newly-graduated recruits from the Aitutaki Academy. The 9th's original battalion of survivors worked as a training cadre, bringing their new arrivals up to speed quickly. Once the unit was ready to have its experience level changed from Green to Regular, the LCCC transferred out a battalion of the most experienced recruits and transferred in a battalion's worth of new graduates. The 9th continued to serve as a "finishing school" for new academy graduates for the next fifteen years. In 3012 the LCAF launched a devastating attack on the 9th's base. After learning of the regular influx of new recruits the LCAF believed (correctly) that the 9th would find its defense hampered by the inexperience of the new graduates. Though the Lyrans didn't inflict heavy losses on the 9th Hussars, the ease of their victory still humiliated the 9th Hussars.
In 3037, after the events of the Andurien Secession, the 9th Hussars began taking recruits from all Free Worlds League academies. This had the effect of making the 9th Regulan Hussars the most loyal to Captain-General Thomas Marik.
Stationed on McAffe during the assault on the Free Worlds League by Skye and Bolan province forces, the 9th Hussars led the 4th Lyran Regulars into a trap. The Fourth's upper command staff was reassigned, and the rest of the unit suffered heavy losses. A few weeks later, McAffe was attacked by the 7th Donegal Guards and the Gabhardt's Carabineers mercenary unit. They shattered the 9th Regulan Hussars.
The 9th Hussars have no tactical specialty.
9th Regulan Hussars (Green/Questionable)
- CO: Colonel Shamir Bharan
9th Regulan Hussars (Green/Reliable)
- CO: Colonel Jo Lobatto
- CO/1st Battalion: Colonel Melvin Stone
- XO: Force Commander Julius Meyer
- 2nd Battalion: Force Commander Nicola Russel
- 3rd Battalion: Force Commander Rajenda Vadyama
- Wing Commander: Commodore Chaim Hunter
27th McAffe Rifles (1 Regiment/Regular/Reliable)
- Troop Commander: Lt. Colonel Olaf Graichen
- Field Manual: Free Worlds League, p. 110, "9th Regulan Hussars Unit Profile"
- House Marik (The Free Worlds League) p. 110
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 158
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 21
- House Marik (The Free Worlds League) p. 109, "FWLM Deployment Table"
- 20 Year Update, p. 57, "FWLM Deployment Table"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 162