15th Lyran Regulars
|15th Lyran Regulars|
|Unit Profile (as of 3145)|
|Nickname||"The Bully Boys"|
|Parent Formation||Lyran Regulars|
In 3027, the Lyran Commonwealth Armed Forces launched Operation Thor, a major military exercise designed to show off its military might involving the relocation of dozens of BattleMech and conventional regiments. This also included the 15th Lyran being relocated to Tamar on the Draconis Combine border without arousing suspicion. 
Fourth Succession War
At the start of the Fourth Succession War in 3028, the Lyran Commonwealth Armed Forces launched Operation Gotterdammerung, the largest Lyran invasion of the Draconis Combine in centuries. The 15th Lyran Regulars were sent to invade Weingarten in the Rasalhague Military District. Weingarten was defended by the 1st Sun Zhang Academy Cadre, commanded by Isoroku Kurita, nephew of Coordinator Takashi Kurita. As the Cadre was split into battalions spread across the planet, the 15th Lyran was able to easily crush the Sun Zhang First Battalion composed of green troops before moving on. Despite the Cadre's fanaticism, they were routed by the more experienced 15th Lyran in less than a week. A Kuritan Tank regiment effectively sacrificed itself so the remnants of the Cadre could retreat. The 15th Lyran Regulars gained operational control of the planet in less than ten days.   
The 15th Lyran Regulars would attempt to follow up this success with an attack on Memmingen, where they faced the remnants of the 1st Cadre, the mercenary Vandelay's Valkyries, and several regiments of determined local militia. Though they were successful in finishing off the 1st Cadre, they faced a long and hard campaign against the remaining Kuritan forces. When the Combine began to send reinforcements, the 15th was forced to withdraw. 
The War of 3039
A decade later, the now-united Federated Commonwealth, under First Prince Hanse Davion, planned to end the threat of the Draconis Combine permanently, launching the War of '39. The 15th Lyran was briefly relocated to Port Moseby in preparation for another wave of attacks into the Combine. When the Combine unexpectedly counter-attacked, the Commonwealth invasion was cancelled. The Regulars ultimately returned to Hood IV without seeing any combat.
The 15th Regulars would remain on their homeworld for nearly twenty years after the War of '39. Though still possessed of a solid reputation, they were primarily confined to fending off pirate attacks. When the military was reorganized into the Armed Forces of the Federated Commonwealth, Hood IV and the Regulars were included as part of the newly formed Periphery March.
When the Clan Invasion struck the Inner Sphere, the Regulars were somewhat disappointed to not to be sent to the front, seeing combat only against pirate groups fleeing the Clans. Nevertheless, by the time the Invasion was halted in 3052, Hood IV was a mere four jumps from the Jade Falcon border. Their situation did not change significantly when, in 3057, Archon-Regent Katherine Steiner-Davion split the Lyran Alliance from the Commonwealth, though Hood IV was now part of the newly formed Melissia Theater, answering to General Sharon Bryan. 
In 3058, the rulers of the Inner Sphere formed the Second Star League, designed to end the Clan threat once and for all. The 15th Lyran Regulars were chosen to join the new Star League Defense Force and to participate in Operation Bulldog, the annihilation of Clan Smoke Jaguar. 
Based on Lonaconing, the 15th saw action during the Jaguar counter-attack, facing the Jaguars' 27th Garrison Cluster (part of Omega Galaxy) and fighting alongside the 4th Arkab Legion. Instead of proceeding with a direct-assault, the Jaguars instead used a series of feints that gave the defending forces time to organize and inflict damage on the Clan attackers, most in small engagements. By August of 3059, the Jaguars ordered a general retreat from the Inner Sphere. The 27th Garrison Cluster withdrew with minimal losses, having inflicted little damage on the 15th Lyran or 4th Arkab. Though the 15th's commander was criticized somewhat for not pursuing the Jaguars more aggressively, it should be noted her orders were to hold the planet, not to destroy the enemy. Her actions resulted in minimal losses for her forces. Though the battle of Lonaconing was anti-climatic, it did result in a newfound respect and camaraderie between the Fifteenth and Fourth Arkab Legion, leading to the exchange of a lance of BattleMechs.
Afterward, the Regulars were returned to Hood IV. During Operation Bulldog, the unit's auxiliary heavy tank unit took part in a raid against the Jade Falcons, where they performed admirably despite losses of a battalion's worth of vehicles.
FedCom Civil War
After the Blair Atholl agreement, General Adam Steiner sent them to retake Adelaide in May of 3065. There they drove off the 1st Falcon Swoop Cluster by May, inflicting heavy losses on the freebirth clan warriors.  
In the aftermath of the war, the 15th Lyran Regulars remained on Zhongshan at about 80 percent strength. At this point, only about a quarter of their BattleMech forces were considered upgraded, though they did boast a small amount of Clan salvage. 
The 15th was later reassigned to Melissia, where they formed the core of the world's defense. As Melissia served as a staging ground for the assault to drive the Blakists off of Tharkad, the 15th wound up working alongside the Lyran forces that freed that world. The rest of the Jihad found the 15th guarding Melissia from all attackers.
Two companies of the 15th were split off to form the core of a rebuilt 11th Lyran Regulars. After that they were assigned to take Megrez. The Fifteenth quickly took the world after inflicting heavy casualties on the defenders through the extensive use of Clan-spec equipment.
|Commanding Officers of the 3rd Lyran Regulars|
|Lilly Anne Crofton||3085|
15th Lyran Regulars (Regular/Reliable)
15th Lyran Regulars (Regular/Reliable)
- The insignia of the 15th Lyran Regulars is a blackjack on a pair of gloves. 
- In The Dragon Roars (scenario pack), the 15th Lyran is listed as an Regimental Combat Team.  This is not reflected by any of the other publications either before or after, which list the Regulars having having only a few companies of armor support.
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth) p. 77
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth), p. 120
- Field Manual: Lyran Alliance, p. 94, "15th Lyran Regulars Unit Profile"
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 1, p. 44
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 1, p. 50
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 137
- 20 Year Update, p. 28, "AFFC Deployment Table - 3050"
- Shattered Sphere, p. 50
- The Dragon Roars (scenario pack), p. 11
- The Dragon Roars (scenario pack), p. 36
- The Dragon Roars (scenario pack), p. 13
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 171, "15th Lyran Regulars"
- FedCom Civil War (sourcebook), p. 185
- FedCom Civil War (sourcebook), p. 112
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 178, "LAAF Deployment Table - 3067"
- Field Report: LAAF, p. 13
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 102
- Objective Raids, p. 21, "AFFC Deployment Table - 3054"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 107, "LAAF Deployment Table - 3085"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 132, "Lyran Commonwealth Armed Forces - Coventry Province"
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth), p. 120, "Deployment Table"
- Historical: War of 3039 , p. 137
- 20 Year Update
- FedCom Civil War (sourcebook)
- Field Manual: 3085
- Field Manual: 3145
- Field Manual: Lyran Alliance
- Field Manual: Updates
- Field Report: LAAF
- Historical: War of 3039
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth)
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 1
- Shattered Sphere
- The Dragon Roars (scenario pack)
- Objective Raids