|Planetary System Info|
|Star Type|| G2V|
|Position in System||3|
|Time to Jump Point||9 Days|
|HPG Facility Class||A|
|Percent, Level of Native Life||Mammals|
(References to Gibson)
Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
X: -245.63 Y: -216.66[e]
 Planetary History
Gibson was terraformed from nearly-dry rock into a thriving, habitable planet. At the beginning only 20% of planet was covered by water, but when the Ryan Ice Cartel begun the transformation process the planet reached nearly 70% water coverage, and the new lands become great agricultural centers and so population of this planet begun to growth daily. When Gibson become known from their tolerance to various cultures the process accelerated reaching over 4 billion citizens by 3072.
The famous tolerance of Gibson caused the Word of Blake to use it as a refugee after the ComStar Schism. Soon they began to impose their beliefs on the locals, as well as cooperating with Gibson companies, notably using Gibson Federated BattleMechs to produce the Grand Crusader.
On the 9th of August 3071, the government of the Free Worlds League rump state on Atreus formally ceded control of Gibson to the Word of Blake - or, more specifically, to Precentor Apollyon of the Manei Domini.
Almost two years to the day after the Word of Blake officially took control of Gibson, the planet was attacked by forces from the Principality of Regulus. The Regulan fleet attacked on the 13th of August 3073, initially meeting no resistance as they entered the system; however, the ground forces landed by the Regulans were almost completely eradicated by the planets defenders. Leading the Word of Blake defence were two of the infamous Shadow Divisions, the 49th and 52nd. With the Regulan ground offensive firmly defeated, Word of Blake WarShips appeared in-system and shattered the Regulan naval forces, with only a few survivors escaping.
Forces from the Principality of Regulus returned to the Gibson system on the 21st of December 3078. A task force consisting of numerous JumpShips loaded with assault DropShips, troopships and fighter carriers entered the system via a pirate point, and four days later the Regulan task force began a planetary bombardment. The bombardment was conducted on a global basis and eradicated the bulk of the Word of Blake leadership; the Regulans targeted every major population centre and industrial site on the surface, scouring the world. Despite the massive bombardment, the Word of Blake figure known as The Master managed to escape off-world, allegedly making for the nearby world of Paradise. The Regulan task force did manage to destroy the Eagle-class Bedevere and the Impavido-class Impavido in the Gibson system, two of the former Free Worlds League Navy WarShips that the Blakists had suborned early in the Jihad.
The Regulans then conducted a conventional assault on the planet, beginning on the 5th of January 3079 and continuing through to the 23rd of February. The Regulans specifically hunted for any surviving Manei Domini forces; despite Gibson having been reduced to a ruined, hellish world by the extended planetary bombardment, several surviving Blakist units were found and destroyed by the Regulan forces. By 3085, Gibson was recorded as a dead or dying world and both the 41st and 52nd Shadow Divisions had been destroyed.
- Star Type (Recharge Time): G2V (183 hours)
- Position in System: 3
- Time to Jump Point: 9 days
- Number of Satellites: 2 (Unity, Understanding)
- Surface Gravity: 1.0
- Atm. Pressure: Standard (Breathable)
- Equatorial Temperature: 38°C (Arid)
- Surface Water: 59%
- Resarching Station: Zenith
- HPG Class Type: A
- Highest Native Life: Mammals
 Era Specific Data
- Political Leader: Principal Jonathan Argoulis
- ComStar Representative: Precentor Mildred Apanno
- Population: 4,137,000,000
- Noble Ruler: Prince Ballala Patekar / Precentor William Blane
- Population: 4,220,000,000
- Socio-Industrial Levels: B-C-B-C-C
- Affiliation: Principality of Gibson/Word of Blake
- Noble Ruler: Precentor Apollyon
- Population: 4,250,000,000
- Socio-Industrial Levels/Tech Level USIIR: B-C-B-C-C
 Garrisoning Military Force
 Manufacturing Centers
 Owner History
- 2596 - Free Worlds League 
- 2750 - Free Worlds League 
- 2765 - Free Worlds League 
- 3025 - Free Worlds League
- 3030 - Free Worlds League
- 3040 - Free Worlds League
- 3052 - Free Worlds League
- 3057 - Free Worlds League
- 3062 - Free Worlds League
- 3067 - Free Worlds League
- 3071 - Word of Blake (from August) 
- 3085 - Dead or dying world 
- 3130 - No record 
 Nearby Planets
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 BattleTech: 25 Years of Art & Fiction, p. 215, "Planet Info"
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Jihad Hot Spots: 3076, p. 17, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 49, "The Jihad In Review"
- ↑ Jihad Hot Spots: 3076, p. 31, p 34, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- ↑ Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 52, "The Jihad In Review"
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 60, "The Jihad in Review"
- ↑ Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 128, "Captured Ships"
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 62, "Inner Sphere - March 3081"
- ↑ Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 125, "Shadow Divisions"
- ↑ House Marik (The Free Worlds League), p. 156, "Planet Guide"
- ↑ Handbook: House Marik, p. 73, "Planet Gibson Profile"
- ↑ Masters and Minions: The StarCorps Dossiers, p. 221, "Word of Blake Key Worlds"
- ↑ 20 Year Updage, p. 71, "Com Guards Deployment Tabel"
- ↑ Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 110, "Word of Blake Mercenary Deployments"
- ↑ Historical: Reunification War, p. 158, "Inner Sphere - 2596"
- ↑ Era Report: 2750, p. 36, "Inner Sphere - 2750"
- ↑ Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 10, "Inner Sphere - 2765"
- ↑ Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- 20 Year Update
- BattleTech: 25 Years of Art & Fiction
- Era Report: 2750
- Handbook: House Marik
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: Reunification War
- House Marik (The Free Worlds League)
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3076
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Masters and Minions: The StarCorps Dossiers