4th Regulan Hussars
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Read more →
|Fourth Regulan Hussars|
|Unit Profile (as of 3145)|
|Parent Formation||Regulan Hussars|
The Fourth Regulan Hussars was founded in 2762 by Duchess Elsa Cameron-Jones and initially almost exclusively from the Nepalese inhabitants of Muscida. Shortly after its founding the Fourth launched an unannounced training exercise on the world of Cameron, which at the time was the garrison world for the Star League Defense Force's 210th Jump Infantry Division. The Fourth's training exercise began before the regiment had received a number of basics, such as official regiment insignia, and the 210th acted on the belief that the Fourth were actually a pirate band; the two units nearly came into direct combat before the Fourth finally managed to prove its identity.
Like its sister regiments at the time, the Fourth Hussars were vocally supportive of the Captain-General and the regiment was flush with newly-manufactured equipment originating from the factories of the Marik Commonwealth, a legacy of the Regulan Hussars' support for Captain-General Elise Marik during the Marik Civil war earlier in the century.
Despite the loyalty displayed to the Captain-General by the Hussars, SAFE agents were still operating within the support personnel within the brigade in the 2760s; the Star League Intelligence Command had evidence showing the presence of those operatives, and believed that their presence was most likely a result of orders from Ewan Marik two decades earlier, following Duchess Cameron-Jones' refusal to send any of the Hussars regiments to Marik's show of force on Solaris following the attack on the Timothy Leary by the Lyran Commonwealth Armed Forces in 2745.
Late Succession Wars
In 3005 the Fourth witnessed how the Stapelton's Grenadiers destroyed intentionally crops and food stores on Fuentes leading to great suffering among the world's population, an action the Regulan unit saw as profoundly dishonorable. Subsequently the Fourth declared an official feud against the Capellan unit that would last fifty years until the Marik-Liao alliance of 3057.
One year later in June of 3006 the unit capitalized on Alessandro Steiner's Operation Concentrated Weakness, where the Lyran Archon left the Commonwealth's interior nearly undefended, by conducting a deep raid on the important world of Coventry. The green defenders were completely surprised and unable to prevent the Hussars seriously damaging the Coventry Metal Works until the planetary militia was finally able to drive them off.
During Anton Marik's revolt, the Fourth originally sided with Anton's troops. They landed on Nova Roma to support Wolf's Dragoons against the 9th Marik Militia, forcing the loyal unit off-world. They then attacked Lungdo and Ohrensen, bringing both those worlds to Anton's rebellion. Once that was completed they moved to Drusibacken to prepare for an attack on Keystone but other events prevented that assault.
The Ninth Marik Militia and 6th Marik Militia had withdrawn from their original garrison locations and landed on Vanra. Anton sent Alpha and Gamma Regiments of Wolf's Dragoons and the Fourth Regulan Hussars to remove those forces. Once Gamma Regiment was fully engaged with the Ninth Marik Militia, the Fourth Regulan Hussars switched sides and attacked Gamma's rear. Gamma was able to get a message to Alpha Regiment and hold the Hussars in place until Alpha arrived. The Alphas tore through the Hussars, effectively destroying them.
3050 - 3060
The Fourth Regulan Hussars returned to the Muscida system in the 3060's. There the established a new training camp and began preparing their own replacements. The 'Mech regiment and aerospace wing were based on Avior in 3067 while their supporting infantry units were based on Tiber.
The Fourth Hussars were a part of the task force sent to attack Gibson in August 3073, and suffered brutal casualties at the hands of the Forty-ninth and Fifty-second Shadow Divisions. A number of units were destroyed completely, including the Thirteenth Stalking Horse and the Wild Geese, but some survivors managed to escape by DropShip after the Wild Geese sold themselves to buy time. With the Regulan ground offensive firmly defeated, Word of Blake WarShips appeared in-system and shattered the Regulan naval forces, with only a few survivors escaping.
In 3077 the Fourth Regulan Hussars landed on Diass, which brought the Regulan Free States under the control of the Principality of Regulus. Backing up the 1st Regulan Hussars and the 2nd Regulan Hussars, the Fourth Hussars launched a massive public relations effort to win over the Diassans. The most visible effort was from the Royal Gurkha infantry units that patrolled the cities. These troops went about unarmored and carrying only their kukri knives as armament. The trust that the Fourth's infantrymen placed in the good intentions of the Diassans went a long way to defusing the tension that had built up when the Fourth Regulan Hussars arrived.
In 3085 the unit was stationed on Helios Minor on the Principality's border with the Marik-Stewart Commonwealth. From there they had launched several raids against Atreus and Manihiki to test the defender's skills.
The Fourth was used as the strike force against Aitutaki in 3124. There the Hussars introduced the Sarath OmniMech, and inflicted heavy losses on the defenders. The defenders mistook the Fourth's arrival for a raid rather than an assault to take the world. It took the arrival of the 1st Free Worlds Guards to eject the Fourth from Aitutaki.
The Fourth tried to take Aitutaki again in 3140, but the 3rd Free Worlds Guards were able to force the Fourth to withdraw with serious losses. They maintain a small training facility on Muscida where mid-level officers receive more training. The Fourth was based on Harmony in 3145 to recover from their encounter with the Third Free Worlds Guards.
For a number of years after its founding the Fourth attempted to find a strategic niche for itself, beginning with training for mobile warfare and quick-strike tactics.
In the thirty-first century the Fourth specialized in raiding and quick-strike tactics.
Fourth Regulan Hussars (Regular/Reliable)
- - At this point in time the Fourth were stationed on Tiber.
Fourth Regulan Hussars (Veteran/Questionable)
- CO: Colonel Gary Carter
- CO: Colonel Falco Palmero
- CO/1st Battalion: Colonel Falco Palermo
- XO: Force Commander Tom Brunell
- 2nd Battalion: Force Commander Gilbert Powell
- 3rd Battalion: Force Commander Rie Earnest
- Wing Commander: Commodore Stanislav Leben
- Troop Commander: Lt. Colonel Suzuki Yoshida
- 2 Mechanized Infantry Battalions and 1 Jump Infantry Battalion
The Fourth Regulan Hussars were down to a third of their nominal strength.
- CO: Colonel Edmund Jhala
Fourth Regulan Hussars (2 Battalions/Regular/Reliable)
- CO: Colonel Juliette Mejia
- Field Report 2765: FWLM, p. 16, "Regulan Hussars"
- Field Report 2765: FWLM, p. 5, "Goals of the State"
- Field Report 2765: FWLM, p. 16, "Regulan Hussars"
- Field Manual: Free Worlds League, p. 108, "4th Regulan Hussars Unit Profile"
- Field Report 2765: FWLM, p. 4, "Strategic Update"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 52
- Historical: Brush Wars, p. 20
- Historical: Brush Wars, p. 23
- Historical: Brush War], p. 27
- Historical: Brush Wars, p. 29
- Historical: Brush Wars, p. 30
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 158, "4th Regulan Hussars"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 162, "FWLM Deployment Table - 3067"
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3076, p. 31, p 34, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 52, "The Jihad In Review"
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3076, p. 41-42, "Chaos Overwhelming: Dante's Daydream"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 50, "Regulus Ascending"
- Field Report: FWLM, p. 9
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 92, "FWLM Deployment Table - 3085"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 86
- Technical Readout: 3145 Free Worlds League, p. 28
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 110
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 116, "Regulan Strategic Military Command"
- House Marik (The Free Worlds League), p. 109, "Deployment Table"
- 20 Year Update, p. 57, "FWLM Deployment Table - 3050"
- Objective Raids, p. 39, "FWLM Deployment Table - 3054"
- Field Report 2765: FWLM, p. 16, "Regimental Status"
- 20 Year Update
- Field Manual: 3085
- Field Manual: 3145
- Field Manual: Free Worlds League
- Field Manual: Updates
- Field Report: FWLM
- Field Report 2765: FWLM
- Handbook: House Steiner
- Historical: Brush Wars
- House Marik (The Free Worlds League)
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3076
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra
- Objective Raids
- Technical Readout: 3145 Free Worlds League