|Mech type||Inner Sphere OmniMech|
|Engine||Magna 250 XL|
|Communications System||Barret Party Line-200|
|Targeting Tracking System||Wasat Argent with OmniLink|
|Heat Sinks||10 Double Heat Sinks|
|Speed||86 kph km/h (97 kph km/h with TSM)|
The Sarath is a Medium Class Quad OmniMech, first developed exclusively for the Regulan Fiefs during the early thirty-second century. Built by Ronin Inc of Wallis, the Sarath was the former Free World League state's first OmniMech. The 'Mech was named for the assumed guise of the mystic Hindu god Krishna. When it was first produced, it was considered a 'Mech of high prestige. Export of the Sarath would be barred and held exclusively for the use for the Regulan military.
However, the 'Mech gained a bad reputation due to the short-lived invasion of the Aitutaki in 3134. The 'Mech performed well, enabling the Regulans to capture the former Regulan planet. Despite great performance, the 4th Regulan Hussars' defeat and Fief's losing control of the planet to Marik-Stewart Commonwealth gave the 'Mech a bad stigma, where being assigned to the Sarath is seen as a sign of a MechWarrior falling out of favor with his/her peers.
Weapons and Equipment
One of the 'Mech's most distinguishing traits was that it was constructed using a combination of Advanced Inner Sphere and Clan technologies. The Sarath was constructed as an OmniMech, one of its distinguishing features being that 15 of its 19 tons of Pod Capacity are placed in the Quad Style, BattleMech Turret. The 'Mech also has been designed to have enhanced movement and strength in comparison with other similar designs. This is due in part to its 250-Rated Extra-Light Fusion Engine and use of TSM in its construction. Aside from its Quad Turret, the 'Mech possesses only one fixed weapon, a Magna Mk. IV Extended Range Small Laser mounted in its head.
The Sarath's Primary Configuration features a number of weapons mounted in its Quad Turret. Usage of the turret allows the Prime Configuration to bring most of its weapons to bear from any direction. The turreted weapons include a Heavy PPC, Light PPC, and one of the 'Mech's two ER Medium Lasers. Its other ER Medium is found in the 'Mech's center torso with the Beagle Active Probe. To take advantage of the 'Mech's TSM, each of the 'Mech's leg actuators is fitted with Spikes.
- Alt. Config. A
- This configuration of the Sarath is configured as a Fire Support role. Using Clan Sea Fox as its supplier for some its weapons, the 'Mech boasts two Clan 15-Tubed Long-Range Missile Launchers and two Multi-Missile Launchers found in the Quad Turret. The 'Mech's ammunition is stored mostly in the 'Mech's four legs. The 'Mech is given enhanced mobility by fitting it with five Jump Jets. While B Configuration only energy weapon aside from its fixed Laser is a Clan version ER Small Laser mounted in the center torso. BV(2.0)= 1,738
- Alt. Config. B
- Designed for Close-Assault, the Sarath-B, features a single Plasma Rifle, two ER Medium Lasers, and four ER Flamers fitted into its turret. For use in melee combat, four Clan produced Talons are mounted in the 'Mech each feet bolster is physical prowess. The Plasma Rifle is allotted two tons of ammunition. BV(2.0)=1,475
The Sarath has the following Design Quirks:
- MUL online date for the Sarath
- Technical Readout: 3145 Free Worlds League, pp. 28, 81 Sarath - BV2
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 250
- Technical Readout: 3145 Free Worlds League, pp. 28 Sarath - Background
- Technical Readout: 3145 Free Worlds League, pp. 28-29, 81 Sarath - Stats
- Technical Readout: 3145 Free Worlds League, pp. 28, 82 Sarath - A Configuration
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 251
- Technical Readout: 3145 Free Worlds League, pp. 28, 83 Sarath - B Configuration
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 252