BattleTech, Third Edition
- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|BattleTech, A Game Of Armored Combat, Third Edition|
|First published|| 1992 |
|Era||Succession Wars era|
|Series||Classic BattleTech boxed sets|
|Preceded by||BattleTech, 2nd Edition|
|Followed by||BattleTech Fourth Edition|
BattleTech, Third Edition was the successor to the successful 2nd Edition boxed set, appearing seven years later in 1992. The biggest difference was the inclusion of plastic BattleMech miniatures instead of stand-up playing pieces.
From the back cover
|“|| IN THE 31st CENTURY, LIFE IS CHEAP, BUT BATTLEMECHS AREN'T.
A Dark Age has befallen mankind. Where the United Star League once reigned, five successor states now battle for control. War has ravaged the once flourishing Star League worlds and left them in ruins. Technological advancement has not only ceased, but the machines and equipment of the past cannot be produced by present-day worlds. The Succession Wars are fought over water, ancient machines, and spare parts factories. Control of these elements will lead to final victory and the domination of known space.
- 14 unpainted plastic miniatures (some assembly required) of the most common BattleMechs used in the Inner Sphere
- Two 22" X 27" full-color mapsheets
- One 56-page rulebook containing easy-to-use-rules and scenarios that let players begin enjoying BattleTech right away
- One 16-page book of pregenerated BattleMech Record Sheets
- Two six-sided dice
- LCT-1V Locust
- STG-3R Stinger
- WSP-1A Wasp
- PXH-1 Phoenix Hawk
- GRF-1N Griffin
- SHD-2H Shadow Hawk
- WVR-6R Wolverine
- RFL-3N Rifleman
- CRD-3R Crusader
- TDR-5S Thunderbolt
- ARC-2R Archer
- WHM-6R Warhammer
- MAD-3R Marauder
- BLG-1G Battlemaster
The 3rd edition was originally released in 1992 in a thin box. The 3rd edition was again released in 1994 in a thicker box, but with the same production code.