- Lead Developer Brent Evans Answers Big Questions On The Future Of BattleTech
- Was the Early Portrayal of the Capellan Confederation an Example of Yellow Peril?
- Mechwarrior Online World Championship Semi-Finals Seeding Games
- New Campaign Begins on MegaMekNET
- BATTLETECH Multiplayer Review - A Battle Of Titans
- Read more →
|Mech type||Inner Sphere BattleMech|
|Chassis||Kallon Light Type 2AXQ|
|Armor||Kallon Light Ferro-Fibrous|
|Engine||Omni 175 XL|
|Communications System||Irian TelStar|
|Targeting Tracking System||GuideRite w/Laser Coordination Link|
|Heat Sinks||13 Double heat sinks|
The Falcon Hawk has what is probably the longest development time of any 'Mech in history. The Falcon Hawk was originally engineered and designed in 2794 but the rapid loss of technology during the Succession Wars delayed its production until 3057, and even then only thanks to the recovery of a Star League memory core on Helm by the Gray Death Legion. The Falcon Hawk is powered by an Omni 175 XL Engine that provides a top speed of 86.4 km/h, making it relatively slow for its weight class. This is done so the Falcon Hawk could carry the weapons needed for its role as a long-range sniper. The 'Mech carries seven tons of armor to protect it from return fire. While this is not a very thick hide, the Falcon Hawk can take advantage of cover and wooded terrain to make itself extremely hard target to hit at range while using its long range weapon to strike at targets on the battlefield.
Weapons and Equipment
The Falcon Hawk is armed with a Fusigon Longtooth ER PPC as its primary weapon. The ER PPC allows the Falcon Hawk to hit targets at up to six hundred and ninety meters. The 'Mech carries for close range combat two Tronel XII Medium Pulse Lasers and a Diverse Optics Small Pulse Laser. In the event that an enemy is able to circle into its rear arc, the Falcon Hawk is prepared with a Martell Medium Laser to defend its rear armor.
- The 9K1A variant of the Falcon Hawk reduces its long-range capabilities, but increases the raw firepower available. The ER PPC has been removed as well as the two Medium Pulse Lasers. These have been replaced with an ER Large Laser, a Large Laser, and a Medium Laser. This weapons configuration provides the Falcon Hawk with an able medium to long-range arsenal. BV (1.0) = 900, BV (2.0) = 1,040
- A variant sold exclusively to the Word of Blake, the 9K1B variant of the Falcon Hawk is a major upgrade of the design. The ER PPC, both Medium Pulse Lasers, and the Small Pulse Laser have all been removed and replaced with a ER Large Laser and a trio of ER Medium Lasers. The saved weight has been used to add a TAG laser designator, a Beagle Active Probe, and a Guardian ECM Suite. BV (1.0) = 968, BV (2.0) = 1,116
- Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade, pp. 122-123, "Falcon Hawk Profile"
- MUL online date for the Falcon Hawk
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 157
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Inner Sphere), p. 199
- Technical Readout: 3058, p. 98, "Falcon Hawk"
- Combat Operations, p. 130
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 158
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Inner Sphere), p. 200
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 159
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Inner Sphere), p. 201