(References to Helm)
Helm neighbouring systems
|Recharge time||195 hours|
Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
| Jump point
|Atmospheric pressure||Standard (Breathable)|
|Equatorial temperature||30°C (Cold-Temperate)|
|Highest native life||Reptile|
|Ruler||Landholder Halina Elin|
 Owner History
- 2271 - Stewart Confederation 
- 2293 - Free Worlds League 
- 2596 - Free Worlds League 
- 2750 - Free Worlds League 
- 2765 - Free Worlds League 
- 3025 - Free Worlds League 
- 3081 - Stewart Commonality 
- 3130 - Marik-Stewart Commonwealth 
- 3135 - Marik-Stewart Commonwealth 
- 3145 - Wolf Empire 
 Planetary Info
The capital city of the planet is Helmsdown. Other notable locations include the ruins of the former capital city of Freeport, which was an SLDF logistical depot, and the SLDF weapons depot that it eventually became. This weapons depot was combined with a Castle Brian complex under Nagayan Mountain.
 Planetary History
 Early History
One of five worlds to be a part of the Stewart Confederation in 2271, Helm was suffering alongside the other worlds following the withdrawal of Terran authority, and by 2288 the Stewart Confederation was barely able to organize itself to order basic replacement parts for factories. The rise to power of David Genovese in 2288 marked a significant improvement in productivity across the Confederation, with his five-year rule as dictator making the state work more efficiently. Genovese was overthrown when forces from the Free Worlds League led by Juliano Marik invaded in 2293, following Genovese's rebuffing offers to join the League. Helm and the other worlds of the Stewart Confederation were inducted into the League Parliament in 2295 when the Parliament declared the former Confederation to be a Province of the Free Worlds League.
 Succession Wars
At the dawn of the First Succession War, Minoru Kurita sent troops to raid Helm and commandeer the SLDF stockpile. Unable to find the materials left behind by the SLDF, Kurita flew into a rage and ordered his forces to punish the people of Helm. Nuclear weapons rained down on the world, killing over 80% of the population and leaving huge swathes of the planet radioactive deserts. A few AeroSpace Fighter bays located in some asteroids are the only remaining parts of the SLDF fleet base.
The planet was best known for being site of the discovery of the Helm Memory Core in 3028. Helm was granted to the Gray Death Legion as their landhold. Rogue elements from the League and ComStar attempted to manipulate the mercenaries into destroying the Memory Core, but were unsuccessful. The Helm Memory Core was taken to many universities across the Inner Sphere, triggering the technological renaissance of the mid-31st century.
Helm remains a largely agrarian world. Enough of the land has been decontaminated to grow food, and the events of 3028 returned the Yehudan Sea to its place on the surface. (The SLDF had locked the seawaters underground for some reason.)
 Manufacturing Center
 Nearby Planets
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 1.15 1.16 1.17 1.18 1.19 Handbook: House Marik, p. 68 "Helm"
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Handbook: House Marik, p. 16, "Free Worlds League Founding "
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 House Marik (The Free Worlds League), p. 11, "The Rule of 75"
- ↑ Historical: Reunification War, p. 158, "Inner Sphere - 2596"
- ↑ Era Report: 2750, p. 37, "Inner Sphere - 2750"
- ↑ Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11, "Inner Sphere - 2765"
- ↑ Historical: War of 3039, p. 133, "Inner Sphere - 3040"
- ↑ Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 62, "Inner Sphere - March 3081"
- ↑ Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- ↑ Era Report: 3145, p. 10, "Inner Sphere - 3135"
- ↑ Era Report: 3145, p. 39, "Inner Sphere - 3145"
- ↑ Handbook: House Marik, p. 10, "A Fool And His Kingdom"
- ↑ House Marik (The Free Worlds League), p. 59, "Parliamentary Membership"