Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
Danais neighbouring systems
The Danais system was colonised during or shortly after the First Exodus from Terra and was incorporated into the Free Worlds League at some point in the late twenty-fourth or early twenty-fifth century.
- 2271 - Inhabited world 
- 2341 - Inhabited world 
- 2419 - Free Worlds League 
- 2420 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2596 - Free Worlds League 
- 2750 - Free Worlds League 
- 2765 - Free Worlds League 
- 2822 - Free Worlds League 
- 2841 - Lyran Commonwealth (from February) 
- 2843 - Free Worlds League 
- 3025 - Free Worlds League 
- 3030 - Free Worlds League 
- 3040 - Free Worlds League 
- 3050 - Free Worlds League 
- 3052 - Free Worlds League 
- 3057 - Free Worlds League 
- 3063 - Free Worlds League 
- 3067 - Free Worlds League 
- 3075 - Free Worlds League 
- 3079 - Silver Hawk Coalition 
- 3081 - Silver Hawk Coalition 
- 3085 - Silver Hawk Coalition 
- 3130 - Marik-Stewart Commonwealth 
- 3135 - Marik-Stewart Commonwealth 
- 3145 - Wolf Empire 
Age of War
Following a string of defeats between 2416 and 2418 at the hands of Captain-General Peter Marik, the Lyran Commonwealth launched a renewed attack on the Free Worlds League in 2420. Due to political maneuverings within the Free Worlds League Parliament the creation of the War Powers Act strongly curtailed the powers of the Captain-General, leaving Peter Marik unwilling to accept the role again; Parliament appointed one of Peter Marik's officers, a respected general named Joseph Stewart to the role, but while Stewart was a capable officer he lacked the grasp of strategy needed for interstellar warfare. As a result, the Lyran offensive captured Danais as well as the nearby world of Amity before routing Stewart's League forces in the Concord system.
Second Succession War
The Lyran Commonwealth Armed Forces conquered Danais in February 2841 as the Free Worlds League Military attempted to mount a defense of the important industrial world of Irian in the face of highly successful offensives by both the Commonwealth and the Capellan Confederation that had begun years before while the Free Worlds League was under a communications interdiction during the ComStar War. Danais would remain in the hands of the Lyran Commonwealth until FWLM forces retook the planet in 2843; one of the FWLM casualties during the battle was William Marik, a Marauder pilot and younger brother of future Captain-General Gerald Marik.
During a lull in the conflict in 2863 that presaged the eventual armistice Captain-General Philippa Marik - who had assumed the title after the death of her brother Charles in 2861 - came under increasing pressure to disband part of the Free Worlds League Military to allow funding to be redirected to reconstruct the League's damaged industrial base, and to relinquish the powers available to her under Resolution 288. Philippa resisted both calls, but did dispatch some of her surviving enclaves of scientists to Danais to help rebuild the industrial base there, as well as to the worlds of Andurien, Rochelle and Ryerson. Danais - like Andurien and Ryerson - underwent a remarkable level of recovery as a result, and would remain an economically viable world into the thirty-first century entirely because of the assistance received.
Third Succession War
In 3007 the Lyran Commonwealth Armed Forces raided Danais, capturing the entire command staff of the Twenty-first Marik Militia in the process; this ignominious defeat led to the Twenty-first being disbanded as a command. The Lyran forces responsible for capturing the command staff of the Twenty-first were the Thirty-second Lyran Guards and the mercenary unit Snord's Irregulars using a mission that had been devised a planning session involving Cranston Snord and Archon Katrina Steiner in mid-3007 already. Cranston Snord's interest in Danais was actually a DropShip carrying valuable musical instruments which had been shot down over the world's jungles during the fall of the Star League. What Snord didn't know was that the Free Worlds League was building an aerospace fighter production facility on Danais and had reinforced the local garrison accordingly. Worse still, the two derelict DropShips that the Irregulars had identified actually contained the FWLM garrison HQ. Snord’s Irregulars prevailed, however, and captured both the FWL command staff and a collection of instruments for their museum on Clinton.
- - At this point in time, the Falcons were deployed across Amity and Danais. The Falcons was at 60% of full strength.
| Systems within 60 light-years (distance in light years)|
Closest systems first:
- Era Report: 3145, p. 38, "Inner Sphere - 3145"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. VI, "Inner Sphere - 3145"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 13,
- House Marik (The Free Worlds League), p. 15, "Struggle Between Marik and Parliament"
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 16, "Free Worlds League Founding "
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 158, "Inner Sphere - 2596"
- Era Report: 2750, p. 36, "Inner Sphere - 2750"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 10, "Inner Sphere - 2765"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2, p. 122-123, "Inner Sphere - 2822"
- House Marik (The Free Worlds League), p. 34, "Driven To The Brink"
- House Marik (The Free Worlds League), p. 35, "Driven To The Brink"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 132, "Inner Sphere - 3040"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 10-11, "Inner Sphere Map "
- Era Report: 3052, p. 22-23, "Inner Sphere Map "
- Era Report: 3062, p. 10-11, "Inner Sphere Map "
- Era Report: 3062, p. 28-29, "Inner Sphere Map "
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 42-43, "Inner Sphere - October 3067"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 64-65, "Inner Sphere Map "
- Field Report: FWLM, p. 17, "FWLM Deployment Map "
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 62, "Inner Sphere - March 3081"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. VII, "Inner Sphere Map - [October 3085]"
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Era Report: 3145, p. 10, "Inner Sphere - 3135"
- House Marik (The Free Worlds League), p. 36, "Last Chance For Peace"
- House Marik (The Free Worlds League), p. 90, "Marik Militia"
- Cranston Snord's Irregulars, pp. 20-21 (Scenario "Amber Surprise")
- Field Report 2765: FWLM, p. 10, "Regimental Status"
- Field Report: FWLM, p. 8, "Marik Commonwealth"
- Cranston Snord's Irregulars
- Era Report: 2750
- Era Report: 3052
- Era Report: 3062
- Era Report: 3145
- Field Manual: 3085
- Field Manual: 3145
- Field Report: FWLM
- Field Report 2765: FWLM
- Handbook: House Marik
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2
- Historical: Reunification War
- Historical: War of 3039
- House Marik (The Free Worlds League)
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130