- Did You Know? - Fan made TRO 3028 is better than the originals!
- BattleTech Technology - Today!
- Someone did the math on how many 'Mechs you kill in MechWarrior 3
- A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs: Empyreal's prtNspz - Full Interview
- Unstoppable: A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs, Empyreal's prtNspz
- Read more →
Philippa was the second child of Charles Marik and sister to Gerald Marik. She was appointed Captain-General of the Free Worlds League in 2861 after Gerald Marik's sudden death, coming to power as the Free Worlds League Military campaigns to recover territory lost to the Capellan Confederation and Lyran Commonwealth during and after the ComStar War were grinding to a halt.
A long-time advocate of peace, Philippa had the opportunity to work towards an armistice with the Lyran Commonwealth in 2863 when Archon Elizabeth Steiner proved to be of similar mind; although an official armistice wouldn't be called until later, diplomatic teams on both parts were welcomed on both sides.
As the prospect of peace looked increasingly likely Philippa came under increasing pressure to disband part of the Free Worlds League Military to allow funding to be redirected to reconstruct the League's damaged industrial base, and to relinquish the powers available to her under Resolution 288. Philippa resisted both calls, but did dispatch some of her surviving enclaves of scientists to the worlds of Andurien, Danais, Rochelle and Ryerson in 2863 in an effort to help rebuild industry on the four worlds. While Rochelle proved to be unsalvageable, the other three worlds underwent a remarkable recovery and would remain economically viable until at least the thirty-first century as a result of her efforts.
|Captain-General of the Free Worlds League
2861 - 2873
| Succeeded by|
- Handbook House Marik, p. 90
- House Marik (The Free Worlds League), p. 35, "Recovery and Stalemate"
- House Marik (The Free Worlds League), p. 36, "Last Chance For Peace"