J.B. BattleMechs Incorporated
- Harebrained Schemes Reveals BattleTech: Flashpoint Gameplay, Kills Dekker
- The Art of War – An Interview with Matthew Plog, BattleTech Artist
- Original BattleTech Pods In Grand Rapids Michigan Moving To New Dedicated Site
- New BattleTech Box Sets Delayed
- Community Outreach - Interview with Jennifer Brozek, Author Of “The Nellus Academy Incident”
- Read more →
|J.B. BattleMechs Incorporated|
|Primary Site(s)|| New Earth|
J.B. BattleMechs Incorporated was created in 3053 by Jilliane Suliben, an entrepreneur whose family was killed during the Clan Invasion. Ms. Suliben purchased the molds and plans for the Chameleon training 'Mech from Defiance Industries, and refurbished an ancient production line on Storfors. The first production run of Chameleons was completed in 3056, and using the knowledge gained by retrofitting the line, J.B. BattleMechs began producing the Dragon Fire heavy 'Mech shortly thereafter.
In the 3060's, the Federated Commonwealth government requested that J.B. BattleMechs work on the Red Devil Industries Pandora plant. Though Ms. Suliben was uncertain of this investment, the FedCom government promised loan guarantees, government orders, and a license for any and all 'Mechs produced at the facility. With those tempting offers, J.B. BattleMechs began overhauling the production lines on Pandora. Though Clan Jade Falcon took the world and the plant, rendering most of the investment a waste, the Lyran Alliance government came through on the contracts for production they had promised. Orders for 'Mechs that were originally to be produced at Pandora flooded into the Storfors plant. This increased demand has resulted in a hiring spree at J.B. BattleMechs, as the company works feverishly to meet the demand.
During the Jihad, investigators discovered that the Word of Blake had invested heavily in J.B. BattleMechs. The Lyran Alliance removed J.B. BattleMechs from the Lyran stock exchange. In the late 3070's a consortium of local investors was able to purchase the company outright from Jerome's Trust, a Lyran government holding company dedicated to selling off all Blakist assets in the Commonwealth.
The Storfors plant sustained some damage to itself during the Jihad. Approximately 20% of the factory lines and personnel were lost in the conflict, but by 3079 the plant was operating at 70% of its pre-Jihad levels.
The campaign to liberate New Earth during Operation SCOUR was particularly destructive, both in the ground battles and as a result of orbital bombardments. The defending Word of Blake forces ensured that little industry remained after their defeat, making it extremely likely that the J.B. BattleMechs facility on New Earth was destroyed.
J.B. BattleMechs Incorporated has manufacturing centers on the following planets:
|Components produced on New Earth:|
|TR-XB Trebaruna||Assault BattleMech|
|NOS Rev 7-ETS Quad||Trebaruna|
|Improved Jump Jets|
|Armor - BattleMechs & Vehicles|
|Durallex Heavy w/CASE||Trebaruna|
|Orion Suretrak XVII w/Targeting Computer||Trebaruna|
|Imperator Dragon's Fire||Trebaruna|
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 144
- Objectives: Lyran Alliance, p. 21
- Objectives: Lyran Alliance, p. 9
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 107, "Blake/Terran Protectorate"
- Technical Readout: 3085, p. 106, "Produced Trebaruna Components"
- Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade, p. 132, "Produced Chameleon Components"
- Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade, p. 146, "Produced Dragon Fire Components"
- Technical Readout: Project Phoenix, p. 52, "Produced BattleMaster 4S Components"
- Technical Readout: 3085, p. 264, "Produced BattleMaster 10S Components"