- Catalyst Releases New Map Pack, New Fiction From Michael Stackpole In March Update
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games - MechWarrior 2: The Clans
- Catalyst Games Releases Succession Wars Record Sheets And Reprinted BattleTech Manual To Get Everyone Up To Date
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games - MechWarrior
- Forever Faithful, Blaine Lee Pardoe’s Latest BattleTech Novel, Now Available For Pre-Order
- Read more →
|Unit Profile (as of 3067)|
Originally the army of the Federation of Skye, where the Skye Rangers were once synonymous with courage and resolution, many in the LCAF and LAAF see them as divisive for their ties and support of Skye independence movements like Free Skye. The Skye Rangers have maintained close ties to its parent state, recruiting almost exclusively from the Federation. As such, the unit frequently sides with the Duke of Porrima, not the Archon. Therefore, the brigades loyalties are questionable.
The Skye Rangers were the largest of the original provincial militaries. In 2765 they had sixteen active regiments. They were known as being fiercely individualistic, which many considered a form of sedition. They were used offensively, but generally half the active regiments of the Rangers were left in the Isle of Skye to avoid political problems.
Early in the Jihad the Skye Rangers led an assault into the Free Worlds League. Though they inflicted serious damage on the FWLM, including destroying the 5th Oriente Hussars, the Skye Rangers spent most of the Jihad defending the Skye Province from Word of Blake attacks.
Units of the Skye Rangers
- First Skye Rangers
- Second Skye Rangers
- Third Skye Rangers 
- Fourth Skye Rangers
- Fifth Skye Rangers
- Eighth Skye Rangers
- Ninth Skye Rangers
- Tenth Skye Rangers
- Fourteenth Skye Rangers
- Fifteenth Skye Rangers
- Sixteenth Skye Rangers
- Seventeenth Skye Rangers
- Twentieth Skye Rangers
- Twenty-first Skye Rangers
- Twenty-second Skye Rangers
- Twenty-fifth Skye Rangers
- The Fourth Rangers was absorbed into Republic of the Sphere forces.
- The Tenth Rangers were dissolved after the Battle of Coventry.
- The Seventeenth Rangers was destroyed during the Clan Invasion and later rebuild.
- The Twenty-second Rangers was destroyed during the Jihad.
- The Twenty-fifth Rangers served during the Reunification War; disbanded.
Color Scheme and Insignia
- The parade color scheme of the Skye Rangers is dark red, with the arms of 'Mechs, turrets of vehicles or rudders of fighters painted black. Each regiment has its own unique highlight color.
- The Rangers insignia takes for form of a yellow sun partly obscured by wisps of white clouds on blue sky disc.
- Field Report 2765: LCAF, p. 18
- Field Report: LAAF, p. 15
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3070 p. 137
- Field Report 2765: LCAF, p. 19, "Skye Rangers" - Regimental Status