- Catalyst Releases New Map Pack, New Fiction From Michael Stackpole In March Update
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games - MechWarrior 2: The Clans
- Catalyst Games Releases Succession Wars Record Sheets And Reprinted BattleTech Manual To Get Everyone Up To Date
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games - MechWarrior
- Forever Faithful, Blaine Lee Pardoe’s Latest BattleTech Novel, Now Available For Pre-Order
- Read more →
| Duke of Skye|
Duke of Porrima
Duke of Tamar (title only)
|Parents|| Ryan Steiner (father)|
Morasha Kelswa (mother)
|Children||Gregory Kelswa-Steiner (illegitimate)|
Robert Steiner was an ambitious politician. He grew up sharing his father's ambitions to gain power. After his father's assassination in 3056, he cultivated the leadership position among the members of the Free Skye movement. His movement threatened the stability of the Commonwealth. By 3062, at dawn of the FedCom Civil War, Robert had stirred nationalist feelings in his old Isle of Skye to bring about a more solid rebellion against Archon Katrina Steiner-Davion. The attack and annexation of the Lyons Thumb region by the Draconis Combine, played in Robert's favor.
In 3065 Robert married the heir to Skye, Hermione Aten. After the untimely demise of everybody else in the line of succession, he became the Duke-consort of Skye. He and Katrina Steiner-Davion had been politically dancing around one another since the beginning of the Civil War. He had blocked Victor Steiner-Davion from using any of his worlds for his war against his sister. Nonetheless, he had caused enough rebellious antics that he was arrested on order of the Archon. This played into Robert's plans to stir up more rebellious acts, as he was taken to prison on Donegal.
After he was imprisoned, the rebellion moved to a new phase, with many planets declaring their support for Robert's Free Skye. His former Chief of Staff, John Claverhouse Dundee, became the General of the Armies of Skye.
Following a two-day raid on Skye launched by the rogue Free Worlds League WarShip the FWLS Percival and troops wearing the colors of the Sirian Lancers on the 4th of February 3068, Robert declared war on the Free Worlds League, calling on all troops loyal to the Isle of Skye to join in the defense of Skye.
Robert arrived on Donegal in early December 3076 at roughly the same time as General Belle Lee. Already on Donegal were Field Marshal Katheryn Sandoval-Ito of the AFFS and Tai-shu Isoroku Kurita of the DCMS, leading to media speculation that the officers were on Donegal to plan an invasion of the Word of Blake Protectorate. Robert would later serve as the first Commanding Officer of the Lyran front of Operation SCOUR, the allied coalition campaign to liberate the Protectorate. Robert was critically injured during the battle for Phecda in January 3078, which led to him passing command of the front to Gregory Kelswa-Steiner.
On the 14th of February, after Group IV had completed the conquest of Phecda, Robert gave an interview to Marlena Stockheart of SBC; the Duke made a point of highlighting that Gregory Kelswa-Steiner's performance to date and his grasp of matters such as logistics and strategy as a part of Operation SCOUR had attracted praise from many quarters, including saKhan Ivan Kerensky, the Duke's second in command. Robert also discussed the loss of his leg, evading the question of whether he would ultimately obtain a cybernetic replacement, and confirmed his reasons for stepping down from command of the Lyran front while pointing out that he would remain a part of the command staff.
Family & Legacy
Titles and Positions
|Duke-Consort of Skye
| Succeeded by|
|Duke of Porrima
| Succeeded by|
- Shattered Sphere, p. 53
- FedCom Civil War, p. 14
- FedCom Civil War, p. 22 - "Rise of the March Lords".
- FedCom Civil War, p. 131 - "By Any Means"?
- FedCom Civil War, pp. 130-131 - "The Free Skye Revolt"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 45, "The Jihad In Review"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 16-17, "Big Doings On Little Big Horn"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 58, "The Jihad in Review"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 65-66, "Phecda: Tragedy And Triumph"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 19, "Who Is Gregory Kelswa-Steiner?"
- 20 Year Update, p. 87 - "Mother named".