(References to Porrima)
Porrima neighbouring systems
|Recharge time||194 hours|
Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
| Jump point
|Atmospheric pressure||Standard (Breathable)|
|Equatorial temperature||50°C (Tropical)|
|Highest native life||Birds|
|Ruler||Duke Robert Kelswa-Steiner|
 Owner History
- 2596 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2750 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2765 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 3025 - Lyran Commonwealth
- 3030 - Lyran Commonwealth
- 3040 - Federated Commonwealth
- 3052 - Federated Commonwealth
- 3057 - Lyran Alliance
- 3062 - Lyran Alliance
- 3130 - Lyran Commonwealth 
 Planetary Info
Porrima has abundant, but not overwhelming, supplies of industrial metals, gemstones, and arable land. The first settlers to the world were ready to build a thriving colony on the calm world they'd seen as part of the survey. Unfortunately Porrima had its own ideas. Every sixty-two years Chira (a neighboring world) orbits closely to Porrima and affects the weather patterns. Instead of the calm breezes and abundant sunlight they'd been expecting, the colonists faced hurricanes, thunderstorms, powerful lightning strikes, and heavy rains that quite literally washed away the first settlements.
Once they discovered that the wild weather of the "wet seasons" would occur every century, the colonists moved their cities to higher elevations and included storm mitigation features that reduced the worst effects of the wild weather. The capital, Allison City, is surrounded by a series of dikes and canals to redirect water from storm surges, and it's surrounded by high walls to block the worst of the winds. Cities on the norther continent are located far away from the seas. The vast distance inland reduces access to the water that makes the storms so deadly.
 Nearby Planets
Planets within 2 jumps (60 light-years). Closest planets first:
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 1.15 1.16 1.17 Handbook: House Steiner, p. 86, "Porrima"
- ↑ Historical: Reunification War, p. 159, "Inner Sphere Map "
- ↑ Era Report: 2750, p. 37, "Inner Sphere - 2750"
- ↑ Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11, "Inner Sphere - 2765"
- ↑ Map of the Inner Sphere 3130