- This article is about the Lyran Commonwealth world. For the Capellan Confederation world, see Alexandria (CC).
Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
Alexandria neighbouring systems
|Recharge time||205 hours|
- 1 Alexandria
- 2 Alexandria III
The Alexandria system was settled during or shortly after the First Exodus from Terra and was a member of the Federation of Skye when the Federation became one of the founding nations of the Lyran Commonwealth.
| Jump point
|Atmospheric pressure||Standard (Breathable)|
|Equatorial temperature||33°C (Mild-Temperate)|
|Highest native life||Reptile|
|Reference Year||3025 - 3067|
|Ruler|| Edward James, Duke of Alexandria (3025)|
Duchess Carina James (3067)
|HPG (Representative)||B (Precentor Melyvn Gaska)|
Alexandria III - more commonly referred to simply as Alexandria - is the third planet in the Alexandria system and has a single moon named Sinai.
When first settled, Alexandria was a world rich in natural resources and blessed with pastoral beauty. Alexandria would grow to become a thriving commercial and agricultural center, and during the Star League years Alexandra was known to be a cultural haven. The cities of Alexandria were dotted with museums, theatres and art collections that drew visitors from across the Inner Sphere and the world exuded a sense of elegance and grace that everyone could appreciate.
The Succession Wars
In 2819 the Draconis Combine began a heavy raiding campaign that targeted key Lyran worlds including Alexandria, as well as Kessel and Tamar. This was far from the last time that Alexandria would be touched by the Succession Wars; in 2913 the Lyran Commonwealth launched Operation Freedom in two thrusts from Alexandria and Skye, and in 2953 a two-year battle for the world began, with DCMS and LCAF forces locked in an escalating battle that would ultimately consume seven BattleMech regiments and four times as many infantry and conventional armor regiments and go down in history as one of the largest battles of the Third Succession War and a sign of the increasing tenacity with which the Commonwealth fought. The campaign for Alexandria began with McGee's Cutthroats landing to loot and destroy supply bases on the planet in the face of the defending Twentieth Arcturan Guards. A wing of fighters from an orbital fighter base promptly destroyed one of the Combine DropShips after the Cutthroats had landed and drove the other DropShips back to their JumpShip, prompting the Cutthroats to call for reinforcements. A few days later, two more BattleMech battalions with fighter support arrived by JumpShip to reinforce the Cutthroats, leading the Twentieth Arcturan Guards to call for reinforcements in turn and what had begun as a simple skirmish escalated rapidly from there.
In late 3020 the Lyran Commonwealth launched what would become an extended campaign to recapture Alexandria from the Draconis Combine. The LCAF deployed a substantial force in the effort to liberate the planet, including several regiments of the Twelfth Star Guards leading a mercenary task force that consisted of a number of other units including Snord's Irregulars. Well-known for being treasure hunters, the Irregulars were keen to recover some of the Star League era artifacts and artworks rumoured to be hidden on Alexandria, but soon discovered that the majority of the artworks had already been destroyed. During a disappointing seven-month campaign the Irregulars only managed to identify a single cache containing statues, located close to their posting on the shore of Lake Meede at the time, but during the course of excavating the cache the Irregulars were ambushed by a contingent from the Rasalhague Regulars. The Regulars deliberately fired on and destroyed the cache, and would likely have destroyed the Irregulars or inflicted heavy damage on them, if not for the discovery that their Archers had been supplied with defective ammunition.
As the Third Succession War drew to a close in the 3020s Alexandria was serving as the capital of the Virginia Shire region of the Federation of Skye under Duke Edward James. A MechWarrior named Mitchell Simmons from the 17th Skye Rangers would subsequently be awarded the Honor of Skye for his actions in defending civilians against a Kuritan 'Mech lance during the 3024 battle for Alexandria.
By the end of the Succession Wars the cultured elegance of Alexandria was largely a memory; a small number of cities such as the northern cities of Lam Pole and Cherboug on the Cairusia continent still hinted at the Alexandria of the Star League years, but the remainder of the planet showed Alexandria's legacy as one of the most war-ravaged worlds to survive into the thirty-first century. The modern planetary capital of Alexandretta, located on the southern continent of Jeddasia, was a collection of practical, utilitarian structures intermixed with bunkers and other defensive features to be used during times of emergency.
- 2340 - Federation of Skye 
- 2341 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2571 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2596 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2750 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2764 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2765 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2822 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2864 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2953 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 3020 - Draconis Combine 
- 3021 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 3025 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 3030 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 3040 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3050 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3052 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3057 - Lyran Alliance 
- 3063 - Lyran Alliance 
- 3067 - Lyran Alliance 
- 3075 - Lyran Alliance 
- 3079 - Lyran Alliance 
- 3081 - Lyran Alliance 
- 3085 - Lyran Alliance 
- 3130 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 3135 - Lyran Alliance 
- 3145 - Clan Jade Falcon 
- Duchess Carina James
- Alexandria FTM
Alexandria has at least two continents, a northern continent named Cairusia and a southern continent named Jeddasia.
- Alexandretta: Planetary capital city, which was located on Jeddasia
- Cherboug: City on Cairusia
- Lam Pole: City on Cairusia
| Systems within 60 light-years (distance in light years)|
Closest systems first:
|Yed Prior||9.2||Freedom||10.6||Yed Posterior||13.8||Izar||18.7|
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth), p. 169, "Planet Guide"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 88, "Planet Profile"
- Era Report: 3145, p. 39, "Inner Sphere Map - "
- Field Manual: 3145, p. VI, "Inner Sphere - 3145"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 13, "Federation of Skye world within the Lyran Commonwealth befor  and after at their founding in "
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 37, "Timeline: The Commonwealth and the First Succession War"
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth), p. 71, "The Cost of Freedom"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 49, "Operation Freedom"
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine), p. 84, "Decline and Fall"
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth, p. 74, "Campaign for Alexandria"
- Cranston Snord's Irregulars, p. 6
- Cranston Snord's Irregulars, pp. 24-25 (Scenario "Up in Smoke")
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth, p. 92, "The Federation of Skye"
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth, p. 126, "The Honor of Skye"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 25, "Lyran Commonwealth after Age of War "
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 159, "Inner Sphere Map "
- Era Report: 2750, p. 37, "Inner Sphere - 2750"
- Field Manual: SLDF, Inner Sphere - 
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11, "Inner Sphere - 2765"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 36, "Lyran Commonwealth after First Succession War "
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2, p. 122-123, "Inner Sphere - 2822"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 40, "Lyran Commonwealth after Second Succession War "
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 47, "Lyran Commonwealth after Third Succession War "
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine), p. 132, "District and Prefecture Boundaries of Kurita Space"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 56, "Lyran Commonwealth after Fourth Succession War "
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 59, "Lyran Commonwealth after War of 39 "
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 133, "Inner Sphere - 3040"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 11, "Inner Sphere - 3050"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 61, "Lyran Commonwealth after Clan Invasion "
- Era Report: 3052, p. 23, "Inner Sphere - 3052"
- Era Report: 3062, p. 11, "Inner Sphere Map "
- Era Report: 3062, p. 29, "Inner Sphere Map "
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 70, "Lyran Commonwealth after FedCom Civil War "
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 41, "Inner Sphere Map" - [October 3067]
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 64, "Inner Sphere - 3075"
- Field Report: LAAF, p. 19, "Lyran Alliance Deployment Table "
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 63, "Inner Sphere Map - [March 3081]"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 127, "Inner Sphere Map - [October 3085]"
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Era Report: 3145, p. 11, "Inner Sphere Map - "
- Objective Raids, p. 18, "FedCom Deployment Table"
- Shattered Sphere, p. 47, "Lyran Alliance Deployment Table"
- Cranston Snord's Irregulars
- Era Report: 2750
- Era Report: 3052
- Era Report: 3062
- Era Report: 3145
- Field Manual: 3085
- Field Manual: 3145
- Field Manual: SLDF
- Handbook: House Steiner
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2
- Historical: Reunification War
- Historical: War of 3039
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine)
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth)
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Objective Raids
- Shattered Sphere