Gray Death Standard
|Gray Death Standard|
|Manufacturer||Gray Death Technologies |
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Top Speed||32 km/h|
|BV (1.0)|| Flamer: 31 |
Light Recoilless Rifle: 41
Machine Gun: 30
Small Laser: 36
|BV (2.0)|| Flamer: 37 |
Light Recoilless Rifle: 48
Machine Gun: 37
Small Laser: 43
Battle values given here are per trooper in squad.
The Gray Death Standard battle armor was developed by the technicians of the Gray Death Legion after a number of battle armor suits were sent to the Legion for field testing. The standard jump pack is removed, however reinforced myomer bundles enable the wearer to move at speeds of up to 32 kph. Other modifications include improved sensors and an anti-personnel weapon mount. These changes made it easier to maintain and produce than the original prototype (which became known as the Inner Sphere Standard).
A number of suits were sold to mercenary units and the LAAF, though most were kept within the Legion to replace losses.
After the Legion's destruction on Hesperus II, construction of the suit continued on Glengarry, courtesy of Gray Death Technologies, a company founded by surviving members of the Legion's support staff.
The battle armor retains the modular weapon mount of the Inner Sphere Standard, allowing it to carry a launcher that fires a single SRM with three reloads, Flamer, Small Laser, Machine Gun, or a Light Recoilless Rifle.
- Gray Death "Strike Suit" - This version of the armor removes the improved sensors and modular weapon mount. In their place are a Clan spec detachable Advanced SRM-3 launcher with three shots and a Light TAG system that can spot for artillery units or Semi-Guided LRM carrying units. Armor and movement capabilities remain the same as the base model. BV (2.0)= 63
- ↑ Technical Readout 3058 Upgrade p.23
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 31
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 33
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 34
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 32
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 35
- ↑ Experimental Technical Readout: Steiner, p. 15