Gray Death Strike
- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|Gray Death Strike|
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Top Speed||32 km/h|
Gray Death Strike battle armor is a production version of a prototype Gray Death armor battlesuit. The Jihad stopped production at the Gray Death Technologies plants, and then Defiance Industries took over production. Defiance then moved production of the battle armor to Furillo, which slowed production even more. After the Gray Death Technology plant was destroyed in 3074, it would be six years before Defiance produced a new Gray Death Strike suit.
Weapons and Equipment
Defiance Industries wasn't able to secure a source of the advanced Clan Improved SRM Launcher used on the prototype. As a result, Defiance used a single SRM-3 with two reloads. To make room for this the Gray Death Strike armor replaced the Battle Claws of the prototype with Basic Manipulators. The launcher can be jettisoned as well, allowing the unit to move slightly more quickly. The Light TAG system mounted in the arm allows armor that has jettisoned the SRM launcher to remain useful on the battlefield, designating enemy units for artillery and missile strikes.
- MUL online date for the Gray Death Strike
- Technical Readout: Prototypes, p. 13
- Technical Readout: Prototypes, p. 12
- Record Sheets: Prototypes, p. 20
- Record Sheets: 3145 New Tech, New Upgrades, p. 19