(References to Vega)
Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
X: -3.62 Y: 107.38[e]
- Star Type: A0V
- Position in System: 7 (of 8)
- Time to Jump Point: 52 days
- Surface Water: 21%
- Atm. Pressure: Standard (Breathable)
- Surface Gravity: 0.98
- Equatorial Temp: 45°C
- Percentage and Level of Native Life: None
- Capital: Neucason
- Continents: North Nanturo, South Nanturo, Forsair
 Era Specific Data
- Recharging Station: Zenith, Nadir
- Planetary Chairman: Marianne Vron, Duke of Vega
- ComStar Facility Class: B
- ComStar Representative: Precentor Noren Glover
- Population: 2,284,000,000
- Population: 3,012,000,000
- Governor: Olivia Vron
- Planetary Legate: Francis Nguyen
 Planetary Garrison
- - At this point in time, the I Triarii was at 30% of full strength, with 53% of their equipment featuring upgraded technology.
 Manufacturing Centers
 Owner History
- 2596 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2750 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2765 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 3025 - Draconis Combine 
- 3030 - Draconis Combine
- 3040 - Draconis Combine
- 3052 - Draconis Combine
- 3057 - Draconis Combine
- 3062 - Draconis Combine
- 3067 - Draconis Combine
- 3069 - Word of Blake Protectorate (from June)
- 3072 - Word of Blake Protectorate
- 3075 - Word of Blake Protectorate (until August)
- 3130 - Republic of the Sphere 
- 3136 - Vegan Protectorate 
 Planetary History
Vega is a world rich in minerals, metallic ores, and fresh water. By the time it joined the Draconis Combine Vega was home to a series of industrial concerns producing everything from medical equipment to armored vehicle components. These businesses were required to follow strict environmental protection laws to support the terraforming process. The success of these terraforming efforts allowed the Vegans to import horses and camels from Terra; These animals thrived in the environment.
After joining the Combine, Vega quickly became important to the Draconis economy. As a signifier of this significance it was made the capital world of the Vega Prefecture. The DCMS established a garrison on the planet as it had been attacked several times by the Lyran Commonwealth.
In 2569, Hehiro Kurita signed the Treaty of Vega, bringing the Draconis Combine into the Star League. Ironically Vega would also be the site of several clashes between the SLDF and DCMS during General Alexandr Kerensky's drive to remove Stephan Amaris from Terra.
During the War of 3039 Vega was invaded by the 3rd Lyran Guards, 3rd Davion Guards, Snord's Irregulars, 1st Grave Walkers, and 17th Recon Regiment. The world was defended by the 14th Legion of Vega and the 5th Amphigean Light Assault Group. The mercenary forces attacked the Amphigeans, holding them in place. The Fifth Amphigean LAG sent their third battalion to harass the mercenary units' flanks, and Snord's Irregulars responded by destroying the battalion. Combined with the losses the other two battalions had sustained, this was too much and the Fifth evacuated the world.
The Fourteenth Legion of Vega faced the Third Davion Guards and Third Lyran Guards. The two FedCom units held the Legion in place, and once the Fifth Amphigean LAG evacuated the mercenary units turned to face the Legion. The Legion of Vega was trapped between two fronts, and rather than be destroyed they also evacuated the world. The LCAF established a forward command area on Vega, and sent the Third Lyran Guards to their next target. While participating in planning sessions, many of the LCAF field commanders were killed by a DEST-planted bomb. This threw the defenders into chaos, and the arrival of the 2nd Legion of Vega, 14th Legion of Vega, and 2nd Dieron Regulars made things worse. The LCAF forces were scattered across the planet, and when the Grave Walkers and Snord's Irregulars were sent off-world, the DCMS forces turned their full attention to the Third Davion Guards. Faced with almost certain defeat, the Third Guards evacuated the world.
Vega was attacked by the Word of Blake in mid-May 3069 in a two-week campaign that saw the Word of Blake use both their own forces and hired mercenaries to conquer the planet by conventional means. In late August 3075 forces from Clan Ghost Bear arrived and launched a campaign to liberate the planet, ignoring all hails from Draconis Combine forces.
After the Jihad, Vega was one world ceded to the Republic of the Sphere. It was made the capital world of Prefecture I. In 3131 Draconis Combine agents triggered a massive economic depression on the world by causing a massive bank collapse. Over the next year the local government worked to restart the economy, but the HPG blackout and death of the planetary governor and destruction of the government complex by a militia fighter packed with explosives derailed these plans. An assault by the 3rd New Samarkand Regulars was repelled in 3133, but cost the defenders their popular leader. Vega broke down into a series of armed camps headed by various Warlords.
Clan Ghost Bear sent their Omega Galaxy to Vega to help stabilize the world. By 3136 the situation had calmed, and the Ghost Bears were well on their way to re-establishing a functional government. The Draconis Combine sent the 44th Benjamin Regulars to take the world, but the Bears and Vegan defense forces were able to repel the DCMS forces. The Combine then sent the 44th Benjamin and the 5th Sword of Light to take the world. This time they were repelled by the Bears, Vegan defense force, and the 12th Vegan Rangers mercenary unit. The 12th Vegan Rangers later accepted an offer to become a permanent part of the Vegan Protectorate.
 Nearby Planets
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130), p. 22, "Planet Profile"
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 House Kurita (The Draconis Combine, p. 190, "Planet Guide"
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 House Kurita (The Draconis Combine), p. 133, "Unit Deployment Table"
- ↑ 20 Year Update, p. 40, "Draconis Combine Deployment Table"
- ↑ Field Manual: Updates, p. 117, "Draconis Combine Deployment Table"
- ↑ Field Manual: 3085, p. 186, "RAF Deployment Table - 3085"
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 7.3 7.4 7.5 Dark Age Turning Points: Vega, p. 6
- ↑ Historical: Reunification War, p. 159, "Inner Sphere Map "
- ↑ Era Report: 2750, p. 37, "Inner Sphere - 2750"
- ↑ Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11, "Inner Sphere - 2765"
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 47, "The Jihad In Review"
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 18, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- ↑ 13.0 13.1 Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 54, "The Jihad In Review"
- ↑ Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- ↑ House Kurita (The Draconis Combine), p. 42
- ↑ House Kurita (The Draconis Combine), p. 52
- ↑ Historical: War of 3039, p. 32
- ↑ Historical: War of 3039, p. 33
- ↑ Historical: War of 3039, p. 64
- ↑ Historical: War of 3039, p. 77
- ↑ Historical: War of 3039, p. 78
- ↑ Dark Age Turning Points: Vega, p. 5
- ↑ Daughter of the Dragon, p. 44
- 20 Year Update
- Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130)
- Dark Age Turning Points: Vega
- Daughter of the Dragon
- Field Manual: 3085
- Field Manual: Updates
- Historical: Reunification War
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine)
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Historical: War of 3039