(References to Skondia)
Skondia neighbouring systems
Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
| Jump point
|Moons||3 (Tadzio, Urian, Wilmot)|
|Atmospheric pressure||Standard (Breathable)|
|Highest native life||Birds|
|Ruler|| Hasani Saadiq (Governor)|
Yegor Welvel (Planetary Legate)
 Owner History
- 2340 - Federation of Skye
- 2341 - Lyran Commonwealth
- 2596 - Lyran Commonwealth
- 2750 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2765 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2787 - Draconis Combine (from mid-2787)
- 3025 - Lyran Commonwealth
- 3030 - Draconis Combine
- 3040 - Draconis Combine
- 3052 - Draconis Combine
- 3057 - Draconis Combine
- 3062 - Draconis Combine
- 3067 - Draconis Combine
- 3072 - Word of Blake Protectorate
- 3130 - Republic of the Sphere 
- 3136 - Independent World
 Planetary Geography
The southeastern continent of Steen is the site of both the planetary capital, Platinum City, and an impressive spaceport less than 5 kilometers north of the capital. The most active shipping hub on Skondia is Passageway, a sprawling megalopolis located on Edel, the northern continent.
 Planetary History
 Early History
Skondia was settled for its abundant deposits of rare metals and minerals. Within a decade of the first colonists arrival, the first cities on Skondia were producing nickel alloy metals, titanium, and steel used in everything from silverware to fusion reactors.
Despite Skondia attracting the attention of the Federation of Skye, the Draconis Combine got to Skondia first, quickly conquering it in one of the first campaigns of conquest launched by the Dragon. After the rise of the Lyran Commonwealth both the Commonwealth and the Combine would fight over control of Skondia repeatedly across the centuries. The Commonwealth managed to seize control of Skondia during the Age of War and kept control of the planet throughout the Star League era.
 First Succession War
In June of 2786, an unmarked freighter entered the Skondia system and passed through the Lyran picket lines unchallenged. Several dropships then detached from this vessel and began a hi-gee burn toward the planet. Once the ships were in orbit, a regiment of Draconis Combine BattleMechs attacked the planet catching the defenders by surprise. The Commonwealth ground forces focused their might on defending the major industrial centers waiting for an attack. However, the Combine troops began attacking civilians and population centers instead. When the Lyran troops moved to stop these attacks, the quicker Combine forces flanked their opponents, as well as dropping additional BattleMech forces from the still unchallenged DropShips, seized the now undefended factories and destroyed them. The Kuritan troops were then able to withdrawal. This defeat was a major embarrassment to the Commonwealth High Command. However, the defeat lead to many reforms regarding system security and planetary defense. The quick victory also convinced then-Coordinator Minoru Kurita to focus his efforts against the Federated Suns as it was now seen as more dangerous than the Lyran Commonwealth.
In early 2787, the Draconis Combine returned to attack Skondia. This time they brought a major armada with them. After the humiliation of the previous attack, the Lyran Commonwealth had heavily reinforced the Skondia system. This resulted in one of the largest ship-to-ship engagements of the Succession Wars. The Kuritan fleet was able to penetrate the planetary defenses, off load their ground forces, and then re-engage the Lyran fleet. Of the nearly 300 ships and fighters that took part on the Lyran side of the battle, only about a 100 remained after the fighting. On the ground, Steiner forces performed well, but were unable to halt the Combine invasion. After four months of fighting, the system was securely in Combine control.
 Third Succession War
Skondia was one of the four worlds targeted for liberation by the Lyran Commonwealth in Operation Freedom that began in February 2913. Though the fighting was long, Skondia was successfully retaken from the Draconis Combine.
 Fourth Succession War
Skondia was invaded by the Draconis Combine's 14th Legion of Vega in 3029. This was part of Theodore Kurita's counter-assault named Operation Contagion during the last year of the Fourth Succession War. At the time, the planet was lightly defended with only five militia infantry regiments and two battalions of militia BattleMechs made up mostly of Chameleon training mechs with weapon refits. Most of the Lyran Mechwarriors were either retirees or young trainees. For their first engagement, the 14th Legion landed on top of an outpost named Fort Eagle which was defended by two infantry regiments. While fighting bravely, the defending units were no match for their opponents and were nearly wiped out. The Legion then hopped from city to city inflicting a considerable amount of damage while they crushed all resistance. Five weeks into the Legion's campaign, the LCAF's acting commanding officer, Colonel Mitch Freeman, ordered his ill-armed and inexperienced BattleMech battalions to engaged the Vegans near the town of Robes. Outnumbered and outgunned, The First & Second Battalions of the Skondia 'Mech Militia charged the Kuritan forces. The surprise attack inflicted heavy damage to two companies of the Vegan's BattleMechs. However, the Vegans quickly recovered, counter attacked and wiped out the two Skondian units to the last mech. With all organized resistance eliminated, the planet was once again taken over by the Draconis Combine.
During the Jihad the Word of Blake captured the world and integrated it into the Word of Blake Protectorate. Eventually Clan Ghost Bear and Clan Snow Raven forces liberated the planet from the Blakists in September 3076. Though the Blakists had little hesitation in using weapons of mass destruction to destroy their enemies, for some reason they didn't employ them on Skondia.
 The Dark Age
In the years after the Jihad Chancellor Hohiro Kurita chose to cede Skondia to the expanding Republic of the Sphere, despite the protests of a number of his advisors and generals; to reduce the impact of ceding Skondia, the Chancellor extracted a concession from the Republic in the form of exclusive trade rights for a share of the planetary production.
 Planetary Garrison
 Nearby Systems
| Systems within 60 light-years (distance in light years)|
Closest systems first:
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 1.15 1.16 1.17 1.18 1.19 1.20 Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130), p. 225, "Skondia World Profile"
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Handbook: House Steiner, p. 13, "Federation of Skye world within the Lyran Commonwealth befor  and after at their founding in "
- ↑ Historical: Reunification War, p. 159, "Inner Sphere Map "
- ↑ Era Report: 2750, p. 37, "Inner Sphere - 2750"
- ↑ Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11, "Inner Sphere - 2765"
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth), p. 45, "The First Succession War"
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Field Manual: Updates, p. 117, "Draconis Combine Deployment Table"
- ↑ Starterbook: Wolf and Blake, p. 13, "Word of Blake Protectorate Map in 3072"
- ↑ Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- ↑ House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth), p. 43, "The First Succession War"
- ↑ House Kurita (The Draconis Combine), p. 53, "The First Succession War"
- ↑ House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth), p. 76, "The First Succession War"
- ↑ NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 2, p. 78, "Early Successes"
- ↑ Jihad Hot Spots: 3076, p. 84, "Ghost Bears Advance in Protectorate"
- ↑ Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 22, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- ↑ Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 56, "The Jihad In Review"
- ↑ House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth), p. 117, "Deployment of LCAF Forces"
- ↑ 20 Year Update, p. 26, "Federated Commonwealth Deployment Table"
- 20 Year Update
- Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130)
- Era Report: 2750
- Field Manual: Updates
- Handbook: House Steiner
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: Reunification War
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth)
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine)
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3076
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 2
- Starterbook: Wolf and Blake