Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
Dieron neighbouring systems
|X:Y Coordinates||12.20 : 14.90 [e]|
|Recharge time||184 hours|
|Recharge station(s)||Nadir, Zenith|
The Dieron system was home to at least one habitable world, Dieron IV, and as at 3145 was both the Prefecture capital of the Dieron Prefecture and the administrative capital of the Dieron Military District within the Draconis Combine.
- 1 Dieron
- 2 Dieron IV
- 2.1 Planetary History
- 2.2 Political Affiliation
- 2.3 Planetary Rulers
- 2.4 Military Deployment
- 2.5 Geography
- 2.6 Planetary Locations
- 2.7 Industrial Centers
- 2.8 Notes
- 2.9 Image gallery
- 2.10 Nearby Systems
- 2.11 References
- 2.12 Bibliography
The Dieron system is located near the Altair and Fomalhaut systems and consists of a class G3V primary orbited by six worlds. During the thirty-first century recharge stations were in place at both system jump points.
The Dieron system was settled during the First Exodus from Terra and was briefly the center of a small interstellar polity known as the Dieron Federation after the Demarcation Declaration was issued in the mid-twenty-third century.
Orbital view of Dieron
| Jump point
|Moons||2 (Bemer, Nebulos)|
|Atmospheric pressure||Standard (Breathable)|
|Equatorial temperature||27° C|
|Highest native life||Amphibian|
|Reference Year||3025 - 3067 - 3078 - 3130|
|Ruler|| Governor Paolo Verellas (2766)|
Duke Seville Newbury (3025)
District Governor Edward Nakamura (3067)
Coordinator Hohiro Kurita (3078)
Governor Hohiro Newberry (3130)
Legate Chiun Matawa (3130)
|Capital|| San Martin (pre-Jihad)|
Fortress Dieron (3079)
|Population|| 5,284,000,000 (3025)|
|Socio-Industrial Levels|| B-B-A-B-C (3067)|
|HPG (Representative)||A (Precentor Myndo Waterly (3025))|
Dieron IV - more commonly known simply as Dieron - is a highly notable and industrialised world. The fourth planet of six in the system, Dieron has two moons - named Beemer and Nebulos - and during the Star League era was orbited by a number of spaceyards and was the administrative capital of a Star League Defense Force military district as well as being home to an SLDF Army. Prior to the Star League era, Dieron was briefly the capital world of a small interstellar polity known as the Dieron Federation, and following the fall of the Star League, Dieron served almost continuously for centuries as the capital of a military district within the Draconis Combine.
Dieron was one of the worlds abandoned by the Terran Alliance following the Outer Reaches Rebellion and the Demarcation Declaration of 2242, and survived as an independent world that went on to exercise control over several neighbouring worlds. When Director Shiro Kurita of the Alliance of Galedon conducted a year-long tour of worlds near the Alliance in 2309-2310, he included Dieron on his tour; he brought with him evidence purporting to show that one or more of the other small states nearby had designs on conquering Dieron, and offered to mediate between Dieron and its opponents. He also offered to protect Dieron by allowing Dieron to join the Alliance, thereby allying itself with a stronger power.
Dieron accepted this proposal, not realising that Director Kurita had invented the evidence and deliberately played a number of small states based around the worlds of Benjamin, Junction, Luthien, Pesht and Worrell against each other, dramatically expanding the Alliance's size.
Dieron was responsible for Director Kurita's subterfuge coming to light, when in June 2311 a dispute broke out between Dieron and the nearby world of Altair; each called on its great ally... Director Shiro Kurita. Each planetary ruler discovered that they had been promised the same things, and word soon spread to the other planets seduced by Director Kurita's diplomatic campaign.
Dieron's membership in the Alliance of Galedon, willing or not, would not last long; the newly formed Terran Hegemony began expanding rapidly outwards, intent on returning all of the former colony worlds to Terran control, and Dieron was one of those worlds targeted. The Treaty of Terra signed between the Terran Hegemony and the Free Worlds League in 2314 ensured that League shipping and League sovereignty wouldn't be challenged by the Hegemony, with the Hegemony instead concentrating on "liberating" the nearby Dieron Federation instead. By 2341, Dieron had been incorporated into the Terran Hegemony, becoming one of the worlds within the Lone Star Province
Star League Era
During the era of the Star League Dieron was a major administrative center; Dieron was also a major electronics producer, and the Dieron system was the site of various orbital shipyards. During the Star League era Dieron had numerous factories and facilities dedicated to producing billions of tons of electronics for the Terran Hegemony. The Star League dug numerous exploratory mines in the Atacama Desert, the mighty desert that circled much of the equator of Dieron.
Amaris Civil War
When Stefan Amaris launched Operation APOTHEOSIS, his coup to assume control of the Terran Hegemony, most of his plans worked well. This was not the case with Dieron, where the efforts of the Rim Worlds Army forces failed to go according to plan, and what should have been a swift takeover became a protracted conflict.
The APOTHEOSIS plans called for several events to happen concurrently. After assuming control of the various Castles Brian on Dieron using acts of terrorism as cover, the Rim Worlds Republic forces on Dieron were supposed to isolate and secure the planetary HPG at 1700 hours Terran Standard Time on the 27th of December 2766 while Republican WarShip forces secured both jump points, isolating Dieron and leaving it unable to communicate with the rest of the Hegemony. Republican forces were then to aggressively target Star League Defense Force bases and facilities on Dieron, reducing any resistance before the SLDF had any idea what had happened.
The officer commanding the Republican forces on the ground was General Tolstin Eukai, and it is unclear whether Eukai received incomplete orders or simply failed to understand them; while Captain Urgur Toch and Captain Yrorran Garcil used their WarShips to interdict the two major jump points according to the plan, Eukai hadn't ordered his troops to secure the HPG by the time the first distress calls from the jump points reached Dieron. Eukai and his forces scrambled to try and initiate their phase of the plan as soon as the distress calls arrived, seventy-five minutes later, but by then it was too late.
Despite the bulk of the SLDF being present in the Periphery attempting to deal with the Periphery Uprising there were still a substantial number of SLDF personnel present on Dieron when APOTHEOSIS began. Dieron was the headquarters of both a complete Military Region within the Draconis Combine and the SLDF Fourteenth Army, leading to a substantial number of military personnel in place regardless of Fourteenth Army deployments; there were also large numbers of retired and reserve personnel on Dieron, as well as regular personnel on leave. As soon as the first distress calls reached Dieron the planetary Governor, Paolo Varellas, and the senior military officer, Major General Annika Tellman, declared a state of emergency. While the Governor called for the population to peacefully oppose the Republicans in any way possible, General Tellman opened the four Castles Brian present on Dieron to anyone that wanted to flee the occupation. Governor Varellas also fired off a distress call via the planetary HPG to every Hegemony transmitter within a fifty light year radius, although all of the transmitters that could have received the distress call were already in Republican hands.
The swift action by Tellman and Varellas prevented the Republicans from seizing either the planetary capital or Fort Hallik, the Castle Brian that contained the Fourteenth Army HQ. There were relatively few SLDF combat forces present on Dieron, but those forces that were present marshalled under Tellman's orders and fought a holding action against the Republican forces, which Eukai led in a relatively straightforward campaign to try and gain control of the world. With tens of thousands of people sheltering within the Castles Brian, including much of the planetary leadership, Tellman sealed the four Castles before the Republicans could gain access and settled in for a siege.
The Republican forces were able to sever the SLDF communications using a mixture of conventional and nuclear strikes against the various communications relays in place, which also prevented the SLDF from operating the local Space Defense System; in turn, the SLDF destroyed the auxiliary controls for the SDS network, preventing the Republicans from gaining control over it. Eukai easily assumed control of Dieron and the Republicans swiftly placed their own puppet rulers in place, but tens of thousands of former and serving SLDF personnel amongst the population took up arms against the Republicans, combining with the ever-present threat of the four intact Castles Brian to create perhaps the most threatening planetary resistance anywhere in the former Hegemony.
Eukai had failed at almost every objective he was given; he had failed to secure the HPG transmitter, which had subsequently been destroyed by Republican forces to prevent the SLDF calling for assistance; he failed to gain control of the SDS, failed to reduce the four Castles Brian and failed to remove the SLDF presence from Dieron. Eukai's replacement arrived on Dieron on the 10th of January, passing orders to Eukai that ordered him to report personally to Emperor Stefan Amaris; Eukai made his appearance on the 28th of January where he was publicly executed for his incompetence.
Having survived the initial coup relatively intact, Dieron was ravaged by the SLDF when they recaptured the world during the campaign to liberate the Hegemony. The various Castles Brian were destroyed by orbital bombardment, but the memory of the fortifications would continue to remain a symbol in the minds of the population, reminding them of Dieron's former glory.
Succession Wars Era
The various cities of Dieron, nestled into the cramped valleys formed by the various mountain chains that criss-crossed Dieron became hotbeds of resistance against Combine rule once Dieron was occupied after the fall of the Star League. In an effort to deflect the attentions of rebellious elements within the population, the Combine government would often play on rumors of Star League caches hidden in the mountains, encouraging many of the population to venture into the mountains in the hopes of finding relics from their past despite the treacherous terrain, hostile elements and the risks associated with the chronic earthquakes that occurred.
Dieron had been a tempting target for the Combine following the fall of the Terran Hegemony, one that the Combine seized quickly; however, having captured the planet, the combine discovered that the Star League Defense Force had stripped the planet of almost everything of worth. Undaunted, the Combine used the shells of the various deep mountain factories and forges still in place to develop major industries on Dieron again, turning the world into an industrial powerhouse.
The citizens of Dieron remained proud of their homeworld during the Succession Wars, and efforts by the Combine to introduce new officially-sanctioned Kuritan names for locations and cities were often ignored by the locals, who continued to use the original colonial names for the various locations for centuries afterwards - much to the confusion of visiting dignitaries, and to the considerable amusement of the locals. The locals remained largely indifferent to who ruled the planet, so long as their rulers kept the population content, although there were occasional outbreaks of political dissent.
Whilst Dieron served as the capital of the Dieron Military District the District's lavish headquarters and the governor's palace were established in Dragon's Roost on Tatsuyama Mountains, although the impressive name belied the fact that the Roost was a glamorized Star League bunker complex. Dieron was also the site of one of the five failed "modular cities" created by Coordinator Hugai Kurita, Deber City, which was located close to Inznakki Interplanetary Spaceport in valleys along the Khoomei River; this region remained home to many of the cultural and administrative centers on Dieron.
Clan Invasion Era
Following the defeat and annihilation of Clan Smoke Jaguar the Draconis Combine was awarded ownership of a number of former Smoke Jaguar WarShips. Two of those WarShips, the Essex-class destroyer CSJ Dark Claw and the York-class destroyer CSJ Lioness were placed in mothballs above Dieron.
The Word of Blake captured Dieron after an assault on the 4th of February 3068, occupying the world and incorporating it into the Word of Blake Protectorate. The initial Blakist assault saw Dragon's Roost destroyed by orbital bombardment. The Blakist assault that captured Dieron included the use of orbital bombardment and nuclear weapons, causing extensive damage. After unsuccessful engagements with the Third Dieron Regulars at a number of remote mining sites, the attack had initially focused on the Eridani Light Horse, as the Blakists had identified the remains of the Second Star League's SLDF as a threat, but the initial invading force - which consisted of two mercenary commands, Burr's Black Cobras and Hannibal's Hermits and the Eighth Militia Divisions - soon expanded their campaign to include destroying the Third Dieron Regulars completely.
The opening assault saw multiple tactical nuclear strikes delivered against Fortress Dieron by Blakist DropShips saw tremendous damage done to the base and nearby city, but the Eridani Light Horse fought until the surviving Horsemen had been captured; the same DropShips that bombarded the Eridani Light Horse were later responsible for obliterating the bulk of the Third Dieron Regulars. The city of Aldinga, a major industrial site, was destroyed when shelling from one Blakist WarShip intended for Fortress Dieron struck a nearby faultline that carved in the entire valley that the city had been nestled in, deep in the heart of Mataeo. Voltenna was left effectively depopulated, the continent reduced to a scarred, radiation-scorched echo of its former self, dotted with the ruins of various cities and towns. The only continent to escape damage during the Blakist attack was Wenniska, despite the presence of both a major spaceport and a former DCMS military headquarters located at Fort Shiro.
While Coordinator Theodore Kurita remained comatose following his stroke in January, his son and heir Hohiro led a task force to Dieron to try and oust the Blakists on the 16th of April, but the campaign was marked by Hohiro's capture by Blakist forces on the 18th of June, leading to the DCMS reporting Hohiro as "missing, presumed dead." Hohiro and his lance had been run to ground in the Valley of Blossoms near Tatsuyama Mountain by an Opacus Venatori hunter force led by Precentor Artur Nihjo in a chase that had taken a week and which had been initiated after the regular Blakist militia forces had spent two months fruitlessly pursuing Hohiro. Hohiro and his lancemates had attempted to obfuscate Hohiro's location in the final battle by having Hohiro pilot a Panther, while his Daishi was piloted by another pilot, but Nihjo saw through the subterfuge and successfully forced Hohiro to order his lance to surrender after his Panther was disabled by a Lightray piloted by Adept Bryn Rivenschild.
The Tenth Ghost regiment managed to sneak onto Dieron in March 3068 during the later stages of the Blakist invasion, arriving relatively undamaged near Deber City and fortifying their position, as well as retaking the Iznakki spaceport. The Blakist-employed mercenary unit Burr's Black Cobras arrived on Dieron and fell on the Tenth Ghost's base of operations; fueled by their continuing hatred of the Combine, the Black Cobra's fought hard to push the Tenth Ghost out of the city and away from the main spaceport over the course of several days of intense combat, but lost a number of elements of Fang Battalion and Colonel Richard Burr during the fighting. Although the initial assault by the Tenth Ghost went well, the Tenth took heavy casualties during the twenty-six days of fighting they endured as the regiment clashed with the Black Cobras. The Tenth managed to use subway tunnels to outflank the Cobras and were poised to deal a devastating blow against them when the Dieron High Command ordered the Tenth to withdraw to Iznakki Spaceport to defend against what turned out to be a Blakist feint. Having lost Tai-sa Samuel Noda, the regimental Commanding Officer in the engagement, the Tenth was able to survive the battle and escape off-world soon afterwards thanks to a last-minute rally around Gretchen Noda, Samuel's wife.
In contrast to reports of Hohiro's apparent demise, a group apparently including surviving members of the Royal Black Watch rescued Hohiro alive from a Blakist prison camp on Dieron on the 4th of January 3069. This group - the Ghosts of the Black Watch - had been born from an ill-planned attempt to free captured members of the former SLDF units from Blakist prison camps, and had nearly been destroyed running the Blakist WarShip blockade above Dieron when they landed. Led by Colonel Loren Jaffray, the survivors of the Ghosts managed to rescue Hohiro after linking up with a small local resistance unit and a DEST unit, and their success led to Precentor Domini Apollyon assigning the Opacus Venatori to tracking down and destroying the Ghosts. Of the thirty-five escapees freed by the Ghosts, only ten managed to reach the Union-class DropShip Inside-Out and escape with Hohiro.
The bulk of the Eighth Militia Division had been recalled to serve in the Capellan theater in mid-3069, reducing the garrison on Dieron to a single Level III, but Hohiro's escape led to a number of small mercenary groups being hired on short-term garrison contracts to bolster the defending forces until the Nineteenth Militia Division arrived to garrison the planet in 3071. A few members of the Eridani Light Horse's Pahtfinders and three MechWarriors who helped Hohiro escape were the only known survivors of the Eridani Light Horse brigade following the battle for Dieron.
Despite two months of hideous losses at the hands of the invading Blakists, the Third Dieron Regulars attempted to continue to fight, but almost all of the regiment's fixed positions has been destroyed or overwhelmed by March 3069. The attack made by the Tenth Ghost managed to buy the Third a little time, but the bulk of the survivors surrendered after the unit headquarters was overrun by Blakist forces in the Chiloe. Although some survivors scattered, a number were captured by the Blakists and interned in prison camps. The last elements of the Third attempted to survive by raiding ancient SLDF depots in locations like the Atacama Desert, looking to rearm and repair with whatever they could find and hoping to establish a string of firebases, emboldened by Hohiro Kurita's successful escape. Although the survivors managed to successfully locate a couple of former depots using old survey logs, they found little to help them; when the last ranking officer in the Third - Tai-sa Hyogo - surrendered to Blakist forces at Tibet City in 3071, the Third effectively ceased to exist.
A footnote to the Blakist invasion was the rescue of Ninyu Kerai-Indrahar. The company Interstellar Expeditions loaned the mercenary unit Grandin's Crusaders to the DCMS to aid in the rescue of the head of the Internal Security Force, who had been badly injured. The Crusaders dropped into the Scales of the Dragonet Mountains to meet up with the convoy transporting Kerai-Indrahar to a secure DropPort via a secret route. The Crusaders arrived to discover that the apparently secret route wasn't as secret as it had been described to be, and elements of the Eighth Militia Division were in pursuit of the convoy. The Crusaders' 'Mech forces fought a series of small actions to delay the Eighth while the Crusders' infantry elements prepared a position at a narrow choke point on the route; bolstered by a squad of Kage battle armor, the infantry was able to throw out enough firepower to dissuade the Eighth's forces from trying the pass, buying Kerai-Indrahar's convoy time to escape.
Grandin's Crusaders fell back in an orderly fashion as the convoy closed on the DropPort, skirmishing with the Blakist forces until Kerai-Indrahar boarded a waiting Condor-class DropShip. The Blakists attempted to intercept Kerai-Indrahar's ship off-world, leading to Grandin engaging the Blakist forces with his own DropShip, the Tonnant, until the Blakist fighters had been driven off; the DCMS subsequently rewarded the Crusaders for "volunteering" to engage the Blakists a second time - albeit at the urging of their IE liaison - by supplying them with a range of military equipment.
The Blakists reactivated the upper regions of Fortress Dieron, which was a former Star League base that had been left largely closed since the Exodus. Although the Eridani Light Horse had used part of the fortress during their time on Dieron - renaming a portion of the fortress Fortress Winston, a name the locals largely ignored - the Blakists were able to activate and upgrade previously-unknown defenses. Dieron became an industrial powerhouse within the Word of Blake Protectorate, producing a steady supply of war materiel consumed by the various Blakist armies. In addition to adding it's industrial might to the Blakist efforts, Dieron also became a staging area for Blakist raiders launching raids and attacks deeper into the Combine - those raiders often being small mercenary commands based near important production centers on Dieron. When Precentor XIV Alex Winningham and the Eighth Militia Division were relieved by Precentor XI Rachel Eager and the Nineteenth Division Dieron became the Blakist operations hub for all military operations within a seventy-five light year readius.
The Nineteenth Militia Division would remain officially been based on the world from mid-3071, but the Nineteenth actually used Dieron primarily as a command and supply base whilst they raided fifteen worlds over the next three years. Following the discovery by ROM of intelligence predicting a DCMS-led attack on Dieron in mid-3074, the Blakists redeployed the Fourteenth Militia Division to Dieron. The Fourteenth brought several DropShips full of war materiel with them, and with the arrival of the Fourteenth command of the Blakist defenses on Dieron passed to Precentor XX Mary Stahl. The Fourteenth proceeded to upgrade the defenses in and around San Martin and constructed an additional outer wall around Fortress Dieron, defenses that that would prove difficult to breach. The Fourteenth's defenses expanded on earlier fortifications constructed by Hannibal's Hermits; the Hermits had been reassigned to planning and building fortified defenses after the initial fighting for control of Dieron died down in early 3069, and had spent a year constructing defenses that would become infamous. A prime example was the construction of a number of mock suburbs outside San Martin, complexes that looked like conventional suburbs but which were actually nests containing infantry tunnels, bunkers for battle armour and entrenched tank pits.
In 3075 Dieron was struck by a string of bombings staged by local resistance forces. The various resistance cells had formed from a mix of determined Dieronese citizens, some infiltrated agents from the ISF and some escaped POWs. The resistance managed a number of successes, beginning with a first strike that collapsed two fabrication centers at Mangalgovi belonging to Wakazashi Enterprises, followed by an attack that destroyed the newly-established Protectorate Government Center located in Deber City. Precentor Stahl retaliated by permitting Protectorate authorities to imprison anyone deemed to be suspicious, increasing the number of checkpoints in place and establishing a strict curfew. Stahl's actions simultaneously prevented further strikes by the resistance and swelled the ranks of that same resistance.
As late as 3076 only two Level IIIs from the Nineteenth were stationed on Dieron, changing locations to prevent spies from determining the Nineteenth's true strength; that had changed after 3076 when the entire Division occupied Dieron, recruiting heavily to increase its size by half using new recruits gathered up from smaller settlements on Dieron and equipping them with materiel looted during the raiding campaign. More rumours arising from the military actions launched by the Ghost Bear Dominion led to the Twenty-third Militia Division being deployed to Dieron in 3076, and the Blakists also began moving Protectorate Militia Divisions to Dieron in March 3077, beginnning with the Liberty and Fletcher Protectorate Militias.
Dieron stayed in Blakist hands for years, but during Operation SCOUR a massive allied coalition task force drawn from the DCMS and Clan Ghost Bear led the assault to recapture Dieron. The campaign began on the 8th of October 3077 and lasted for several monmths before Dieron was free. The Blakist defenses on Dieron immediately ahead of the Coalition invasion represented the largest massing of Blakist forces in the history of Dieron. Protecting the combined Ghost Bear Dominion and DCMS forces was a significant naval task force. Opposing them was a substantial Blakist naval group - substantial enough that no less than ten Blakist WarShips were destroyed or captured during the campaign, more capital ship losses for the Word of Blake than any other battle of the Jihad save the battle for Terra in 3078. From their core fleet, the Word of Blake lost three vessels, the Baron-class destroyer WoBS Light of Glory, the Essex-class destroyer WoBS Dawning Horizon and the Lola III-class destroyer WoBS End of Wisdom. The Blakists also lost seven WarShips from their fleet of vessels suborned from the Free Worlds League navy: the Zechetinu-class corvettes FWLS Karelia and FWLS Tirana, the Zechetinu II-class corvette FWLS Araneida, the Agamemnon-class heavy cruiser FWLS Aineas, the Eagle-class frigates FWLS Mordred and FWLS Tristram and the Thera-class carrier FWLS Sardis - although the latter was captured rather than destroyed, and would be pressed into service by Clan Snow Raven as the renamed SRS Raven's Nest.
The underground news agency known as Drake released what it claimed to be the combat logs kept by Star Admiral James Lankenau, the Clan Snow Raven Admiral commanding the Conqueror-class carrier CSR Ark Royal. If the logs are accurate - and it is noteworthy that the logs contain no mention of the FWLS Araneida or the WoBS Dawning Horizon - the major naval combat actions took place on the 20th of November, after the Blakist task force jumped in-system on the 19th. The logs record that the Clan forces in the system comprised the Ark Royal and two Clan Ghost Bear WarShips, the Nightlord-class CGB Ursa Major and the massive Leviathan-class CGB Leviathan. The Ark Royal reportedly suffered light damage and the Ursa Major moderate damage, but the Leviathan was evidently scuttled, as the Blakists had concentrated the fire from their WarShips and their considerable Pocket WarShip fleet on the Ghost Bear battleship.
The commitment of Coalition ground forces to the campaign to liberate Dieron matched the naval forces; officially led by the DCMS continent, which consisted of the Second and Eighth Dieron Regulars under the overall command of Tai-sa Cale Schultz-Tanaka, the task force included no less than four Galaxies of Ghost Bear forces - Alpha, Beta, Omega and Rho Galaxies, commanded by Khan Aletha Kabrinski.
The Nineteenth Militia Division was responsible for coordinating the Blakist defense of Dieron during the invasion and were responsible for a number of actions including the destruction of the bulk of the Luthien Armor Works factory located in Khentii Towers via a series of subterranean nuclear detonations. The Second Dieron Regulars had managed to secure two minor weapons factories within the Khentii Towers mountain range before the Nineteenth destroyed the main Luthien Armour Works facility; the Second had taken heavy losses breaching the facility - known as LAW-KT2 - before the Nineteenth destroyed it, and the nuclear detonations within the plant killed the entire of the command structure of the Second.
What the invading SCOUR forces hadn't realised was that Protectorate Militia Divisions from Acamar, Asta and Milton had been waiting in a dead system one jump from Dieron when the SCOUR forces arrived. While the Protectorate Militia divisions lacked their infantry divisions, also waiting with them were the Second and Third Militia Divisions, and the Blakist reinforcements arrived in the Dieron system in November, dropping to pin the SCOUR forces down while hitting a number of key staging areas. The resulting combats were brutal, and the inexperienced Protectorate Militia regiments were largely shattered. Despite the heavy toll taken on the Blakist Protectorate Militia units, the Blakists managed to exact a heavy toll on the Ghost Bear Omega Galaxy, which had been kept in reserve due to it already having been reduced to half strength during fighting on Dyev. Engaged in a brutal firefight with several Protectorate Militia units in December 3077 around the main Ghost Bear landing site, Omega was only able to disengage when forces from Alpha Galaxy were able to reinforce them, and the surviving two Clusters of Omega Galaxy were folded into Beta Galaxy afterwards.
The Voice of the Dragon news service reported that there had been a brief friendly fire exchange between Ghost Bear second line forces and elements of the Dieron Regulars - for which it claimed the Ghost Bears had apologised to Gunji-no-Kanrei Kiyomori Minamoto - but dwelled more on two actions within the campaign that highlighted the superiority of the DCMS troops within the task force. The first was the Second Dieron Regulars assault that secured a breach into the Fortress Dieron complex; the second more significant action was that fought by the Eighth Dieron Regulars alongside the Ghost Bears' Omega Galaxy atop Mount Shanyu, where the two units fought against the Word of Blake's Second and Nineteenth Militia Divisions, a battle that saw the Eighth Dieron Regulars press on despite the death of Tai-sa Jerry Sims. The initial breaches of the outer wall at Fortress Dieron were established by the mercenary unit Gannon's Cannons and the Eighth Dieron; the Cannons split their forces, with two companies concentrating on the wall while two more companies targeted turrets and individual Blakists. When the Cannons breached the wall they pulled back, engaging the defending forces; the Eighth then breached the wall in three places using Sniper and Arrow IV artillery before seizing the wall itself. While the Eighth were desperately holding the gate, a Mammoth-class DropShip crashed into a nearby mountain lake, acidifying the lake and seting the main causeway to Fortress Dieron on fire, slowing Alpha Galaxy and exposing them to extended artillery fire. The Asta Protectorate Militia attempted to attack, only to be charged by the battered remnants of the Eighth, who held off the Militia long enough for Kabrinski and her troops to reorganize and crush the Militia before overrunning the nearby artillery positions. Although Simms had acted against the advice of his commanding officers and the Eighth were shattered by the Fortress Dieron defenses, the manner in which they held the main complex door open for Alpha Galaxy earned the Eighth the respect of Khan Aletha Kabrinski and her warriors. The battle for Fortress Dieron lasted until mid-January 3078, with Tai-sa Simms falling in the final battle; by the end of the campaign, the surviving Blakists had largely gathered in the Fortress, and the combined Clan and DCMS forces faced elements of the Second, Fourteenth, Nineteenth and Twenty-third Militia Divisions as well as the survivors from the Protectorate Militias. The bulk of the Blakist defenders died, although the attack wavered following Simms' death until Major Gannon Derer rallied the Cannons and the remains of the Eighth to keep pressing the attack. A small number of Blakists managed to escape on DropShips; by the time the Fortress Dieron complex had finally been seized, the Eighth Dieron Regulars consisted of just a company of 'Mechs, a lance of tanks, and three dozen infantry.
Precentor Stahl knew of the Ghost bear reputation for showing no quarter to Blakist forces, and when Beta Galaxy grounded near Olivet Stahl ordered the Protectorate Militias nearby to conduct civilian evacuations. The Fletcher Protectorate Militia managed to hold out for five days in the Chiloe Pass while civilians were evacuated from Olivet, in part due to being bolstered by the Twenty-third Militia Division, before being overrun by the Beta Galaxy, who captured the almost empty city in just a day. The Fletcher PM managed to escape off-world, only to be destroyed during their outbound flight by the remaining Ghost Bear WarShips.
Despite being allies, elements of the Ghost Bears and DCMS forces had clashed with each other during the opening stages of liberation; the Ghost Bear Rho Galaxy had been tasked with securing a number of secondary spaceports and outlying industrial facilities on Dieron during the initial landings on Dieron, and saw relatively little combat during the first month. Rho Galaxy and the Eighth Dieron Regulars were encamped outside Fort Cross, where the Eighth had secured a number of Blakist prisoners of war, when a dispute between the two over the disposition and fate of those prisoners led to a pitched battle, interrupted by an attack by the Twenty-third Militia Division. The battle between the forces from Rho Galaxy and the Eighth Dieron stemmed directly from the conflicting orders given to the two units; Galaxy Commander Michael Hawkins was determined to exterminate the Blakist prisoners - almost three hundred in number - in accordance with standing orders from the khans; in contrast, the Eighth were under orders from their own High Command to cultivate intelligence assets.
Rho's command structure was broken during the attack, leaving the Ghost Bear warriors striking back viciously but blindly, and in the process they left a gap in the line that allowed the Second Militia Division to break through near Newbury and escape. The Second had arrived along with the other Blakist reinforcements via a pirate point and a 3G burn to the planet, and fought against the Eighth Dieron Regulars at Fortress Dieron before being relieved by the Twenty-third Division; although the Second managed to make it through the Ghost Bear lines and an element of the Division managed to escape from Dieron along with a few survivors of the Third Militia Division, that surviving element mustered less than two Level IIIs in strength. The Third Militia Division had managed a number of successes at harassing the Coalition forces from their initial deployment amidst the ruins of Aldinga, only to find itself being chewed up by Rho Galaxy. Although the Eighth managed to evacuate one compound of Blakist POWs - at least forty prisoners - the Ghost Bears went on to destroy the compounds, Fort Cross and a nearby town in their efforts to exterminate every Blakist. The incident became a public relations nightmare, and provided fodder for anti-Clan rhetoric for years after the battle.
In January 3078 the Draconis Combine and Ghost Bear commands deployed the newly-liberated Northwind Highlanders to Dieron to accelerate the mop-up operations against Blakist holdouts. The last major Blakist formation to survive on Dieron was the Twenty-third Militia Division, who had been in overall command of the Blakist forces since mid-3076. The Twenty-third had played an important role in augmenting other forces, including those at Fortress Dieron, and was determined to make the coalition forces pay for every gain they made; a common tactic was for the Twenty-third to set controlled fires in cities, forcing the Ghost Bear and DCMS forces into killing zones. The Twenty-third nearly managed to destroy Fortress Dieron before being wiped out completely.
The Blakist forces on Dieron represented one of the largest commitments by the Word of Blake during the Jihad; in terms of ground support the Blakists had deployed a task force consisting of Protectorate Militia Divisions from Acamar, Asta, Fletcher, Liberty and Milton, along with the Second, Third, Fourteenth, Nineteenth and Twenty-third Militia Divisions.
During their retreat from Dieron the Blakists attacked the military industry on Dieron, damaging the Luthien Armor Works and Terada factories so badly that by mid-3081 the plants were considered a complete write-off that wouldn't be worth attempting to rebuild. The Blakists' scorched-earth tactics focused on military manufacturing centers, which were hit by various forms of sabotage. A number of complexes were seeded with heavy radiation or toxic waste, and critical components dating from the Star League era were destroyed. The battle to liberate Dieron had exacted a heavy toll on the civilian population; during the fighting, four major cities were either destroyed or burned, ten million Dieronese had been killed, an entire continent had been affected by nuclear and toxic waste and a number of mining and manufacturing operations had been destroyed. While the Blakists had avoided inflicting a large amount of collateral damage to civilian facilities during their retreat, a significant amount of damage to non-critical infrastructure and facilities was caused as a result of the battles between Omega and Rho Galaxies and the Protectorate Militias from Acamar, Liberty and Milton. These battles were intense, savage, and frequently fought through civilian sectors.
The capital city, San Martin, suffered extensive damage during the liberation; the city had sprawled across the cliffs on both sides of the Kazakh River in the Sükhbaatar Valley, but the fighting saw several landslides occur that dropped nearly a quarter of the southern portion of the city to the valley floor, forcing the liberators to establish a small temporary capital in Tahlwynn.
Perhaps the most significant battle of the campaign to liberate Dieron was initially relatively minor; an intelligence team from the Dominion Watch observed a number of contacts and readings from the northern polar regions of Dieron, and some of the sensor data was identified as matching intelligence the Dominion had on the Manei Domini. Forces from Rho Galaxy were sent to investigate by Loremaster Laurie Tseng. Rho found and attacked a facility, Fort Higgs, in mid-December 3077, which was defended by elements from the Blakist Third Militia Division. The battle didn't initially yield results, but in early January 3078 the Watch and ISF agents investigating the facility made a startling discovery that led to a flurry of covert operations culminating in the seizure of a refugee DropShip above Dieron. The DropShip was actually a smuggling vessel; the information uncovered at Fort Higgs was discovery of th epresence of Precentor Vapula, a high-ranking Manei Domini agent and the designer of the Celestial series of OmniMechs. After being captured - and after a period of intense negotiations - Vapula was turned over to David Lear.
The first trained battle armour infantry had already graduated from an accelerated programme by late 3079; Devlin Stone and his partners were keen to acquire Dieron for their nascent nation at this point, despite the military industries present on the planet having largely been destroyed and despite the certain knowledge that the Combine would dismantle and remove any remaining viable military production elements if it agreed to cede the world to what would become the Republic of the Sphere. Due to the damage inflicted on the planet, the restored planetary government had taken up residence in Fortress Dieron, but work was underway to rebuild the new planetary capital city, Tahlwynn. Although Fortress Dieron took massive damage during the liberation, the operation itself remained fully operational, and the Combine was still investigating the various secrets contained inside, with ISF and O5P controlling access to the facility.
- 2271 - Inhabited world 
- 2310 - Alliance of Galedon 
- 2311 - Alliance of Galedon 
- 2314 - Dieron Federation 
- 2319 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2341 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2571 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2596 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2750 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2764 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2765 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2767 - Amaris Empire 
- 2771 - Amaris Empire 
- 2774 - Amaris Empire 
- 2786 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2822 - Draconis Combine 
- 2864 - Draconis Combine 
- 3025 - Draconis Combine 
- 3030 - Draconis Combine 
- 3040 - Draconis Combine 
- 3050 - Draconis Combine 
- 3052 - Draconis Combine 
- 3054 - Draconis Combine 
- 3057 - Draconis Combine 
- 3058 - Draconis Combine 
- 3063 - Draconis Combine 
- 3067 - Draconis Combine  
- 3068 - Word of Blake Protectorate (from February)
- 3075 - Word of Blake Protectorate 
- 3077 - Word of Blake Protectorate 
- 3079 - Word of Blake Protectorate 
- 3081 - Republic of the Sphere 
- 3085 - Republic of the Sphere 
- 3130 - Republic of the Sphere 
- 3135 - Independent world 
- 3145 - Draconis Combine 
- District Governor Edward Nakamura (3067)
- Eridani Light Horse High Command
- Twenty-first Striker Regiment
- Nineteenth Cavalry Regiment
- Third Dieron Regulars
- Ninety-first Division
A number of units were deployed to and from Dieron during the Jihad; a summary of these units and the years they were present on-world is as follows:
- Eighth Militia Division (Feb 3068 - Jun 3074)
- Fourteenth Militia Division (Nov 3074 - 3078)
- Nineteenth Militia Division (Jun 3071 - 3078)
- Twenty-third Militia Division (Jul 3076 - 3078)
- Burr's Black Cobras (Jun 3068 - Dec 3068), (3069 - 3072)
- Hannibal's Hermits (Feb 3068 - Mar 3070)
- Fletcher Protectorate Militia (Mar 3077)
- Liberty Protectorate Militia (Mar 3077)
- - At this point in time the Second was operating at 40% of full strength, with 100% of their equipment featuring upgraded technology.
- - At this point in time, the I Principes was at 85% of full strength, with 75% of their equipment featuring upgraded technology.
Dieron has three major continents; the continent of Wenniska, which is located in the northern polar regions of the planet, the continent of Mataeo, located in the northern hemisphere, and the continent of Voltenna, located in the southern hemisphere. Mataeo is larger than Voltenna, but all three continents are marked by mountain ranges that cross the surface of the world in various directions, forming deep valleys between the various peaks.
Voltenna is surrounded by Mataeo on three sides; to the north of Voltenna lies the Rouran Ocean and to the east the Mapuche Ocean. The narrower Caldera Passage seperates the southern shore of Voltenna from Mataeo, while the western side of Voltenna is bounded by the Gulf Straits; the Caldera Passage and Gulf Straits both connect with the Cauqui Ocean, which becomes the Tibet Ocean further west. The Kamakura Ocean seperates the bulk of Wennisaka from Mataeo. A number of inland sies lie within Mateo, including the Zanabazar, Izumo and Patagonia Seas as well as a number of smaller bodies of water. Notable mountain chains on Mataeo include the Khentii Mountain Towers, the Aomori Mountains, the Scales of the Dragonet, the Khüiten Mountains, the Chiloes, the Loretta Mountains and the Argus Mountains. The Atacama Desert covers much of the southern regions of Mataeo. The most notable major valleys on Mataeo are the Valley of Blossoms, nestled within the Tatsuyama Mountain region, the SüKhbaatar Valley, bounded by the Tatsuyama Mountain region, the Khüiten Mountains and the Scales of the Dragon, and the Yomuchi Valley, which lies between the Scales of the Dragonet and the Zanabazar Sea.
- Aldega: a minor city located on the northern shore of Mataeo close to Fort Cross.
- Aldinga: a major city and industrial hub located in a valley in the heart of Mateo; destroyed accidentally as a result of orbital bombardment by the Word of Blake in 3068.
- Castillo Arratias: a major city located at the junction of several major rivers in the Parsonage Region of western Mataeo.
- Chilán Viejo: a major city on the shores of the Mapuche Ocean on eastern Mataeo.
- CON 42Y: a military base or industrial facility located on western Mataeo, northwest of Wazakashi Plating and south of MM23E and LAW-KT2.
- Deber city: a major city in the Apallos Hills located on the Khoomei River close to the southern shore of Mataeo, north of Iznakki Interplanetary Spaceport.
- Dieron District Gymnasium: a military academy.
- Dragon's Roost: a major military base or industrial facility located in the Tatsuyama Mountain region close to Tatsuyama City.
- Fort Cross: a major military base located at the eastern end of the Aomori Mountains on northern Mataeo. Destroyed by the Ghost Bear Rho Galaxy in 3077.
- Fort Hallik: Castle Brian and headquarters of the Star League Defense Force Fourteenth Army during the Star League era.
- Fort Higgs: a major military base on Wennisaka, located on a peninsula east of Fort Shiro.
- Fort Shiro: a DCMS military headquarters located on Wenniska. Possibly constructed in secret by the Blakists during the Jihad.
- Fortress Dieron: a major military base located at or close to Mount Shanyu on eastern Mataeo. A former SLDF facility, Fortress Dieron occupied approximately two-thirds of the total voluyme of Mount Shanyu and could support more than four regiments of personnel and a hundred 'Mechs or vehicles when built. Fortress Dieron also incorporated a number of artillery, turret and orbital gun emplacements.
- Hughesville: a minor city located east of Tahlwynn on the other side of the Argus Mountains on a major river.
- Iznakki Interplanetary Spaceport: a Drop Port located close to Deber City on the southern shore of Mataeo.
- KO 8N: a military base or industrial facility on Voltenna, locaed to the east of KO 53R and southeast of San Clemente.
- KO 53R: a military base or industrial facility on Voltenna, located towards the western end of the main continental mountain chain.
- Kyoto DropPort: a DropPort located south of Newbury in central Mataeo.
- LAW 4R-Z: an industrial facility on western Mataeo, south of Mandalgovi.
- LAW-KT2: an industrial facility on western Mataeo, located between MM 59B and MM 23E. Destroyed by the Nineteenth Militia Division in 3077.
- LAW Site B: an industrial facility located underwater or on an island close to the coast of Mataeo at the western edge of the Tibet Ocean.
- Mandalgovi: a minor city on western Mataeo.
- MM 23E: a military base or industrial facility located on western Mataeo, close to the western end of the Parsonage region.
- MM 59B: a military base or industrial facility on western Mataeo, located southeast of LAW 4R-Z.
- Mount Shanyu: The site of a notable battle during the Jihad.
- Newbury: a minor city located on a river running east from the Scales of the Dragonet to the zanabazar Sea in central Mataeo.
- Olivet: a minor city located east of Tahlwynn on the other side of the Loretta Mountains on Mataeo.
- Quintero: a minor city located on the western shores of the Tibet Ocean on Mataeo.
- Rancagua: a minor city on the northeastern shore of Mataeo.
- Rock of Genghis: a military base or industrial facility located in the southern regions of the Scales of the Dragonet.
- San Clemente: a minor city located on Voltenna.
- San Martin: a major city located north of Aldinga and Fortress Dieron in central Mataeo.
- Tahlwynn: planetary capital during the Dark Age and primary planetary spaceport; located in the Loretta-Argus mountain basin on Mataeo.
- Tatsuyama City: a major city located in the Tatsuyama Mountain region close to Dragon's Roost.
- Ulaangom: a minor city located on a major river south of Hughesville.
- Vicuña: a major city located on the northern peninsula of Voltenna.
- Wazakashi Plating: an industrial complex located close to the Gobi Straits on Mataeo.
- Buhallin Military Products - destroyed in 2776
- Luthien Armor Works (destroyed during the Jihad)
- Osaka Heavy Metrics
- Terada (destroyed during the Jihad)
- Whitworth Company - destroyed in 2776
There are minor discrepancies relating to the Jihad-era invasion and liberation of Dieron between Jihad Turning Points: Dieron and Total Chaos. Jihad Turning Points: Dieron describes the last elements of the Third Dieron Regulars surrendering to the Blakists at Tibet City in late 3070, and has the fratricidal battle between Rho Galaxy and the Eighth Dieron Regulars over the disposition of Blakist prisoners near Aldinga interrupted by the Blakist Third Division; Total Chaos has the surrender in Tibet City taking place in late 3071, and lists the Blakist Division that attacked Rho Galaxy and the Eighth Dieron Regulars listed as the Twenty-third Division. It was confirmed by the Line Developer that Total Chaos trumps Jihad Turning Points: Dieron, and it is the details from Total Chaos that have been used to update this article.
|“||Total Chaos trumps JTP:D.||”|
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine), p. 188, "Planet Guide"
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 93, "Dieron"
- Jihad Turning Points: Dieron, p. 5, "Dieron"
- Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130), p. 237, "Dieron"
- Objectives: Draconis Combine, p. 35, "Dieron"
- Era Report: 3145, p. 39, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. VI, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- House Marik (The Free Worlds League), p. 11, "Military Crisis on Terra"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 82-83, "Fortress Dieron"
- Jihad Turning Points: Dieron, p. 5, "Dieron"
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 16, "Free Worlds League Founding -  Map"
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine), p. 23, "Political Manuvers"
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine), p. 24, "Conquest of Resistance"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 13, "Lyran Commonwealth Founding - Map"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 159, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 30, "DCA Readiness Report"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 45, "The Jihad In Review"
- Jihad Turning Points: Dieron, p. 10, "Deadly Rain"
- Jihad Turning Points: Dieron, p. 6, "Combatants"
- Jihad Turning Points: Dieron, p. 1, "The New Dieron"
- Jihad Turning Points: Dieron, p. 9, "Combatants"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 46, "The Jihad In Review"
- Jihad Turning Points: Dieron, p. 7, "Combatants"
- Jihad Turning Points: Dieron, p. 12, "Dragon Rising"
- Total Chaos, p. 57, "Dieron (sidebar)"
- Jihad Turning Points: Dieron, p. 13, "Serpents in Stone"
- Total Chaos, p. 58, "Aftermath"
- Jihad Turning Points: Dieron, p. 8, "Combatants"
- Total Chaos, p. 58, "The Campaign: 3068... (sidebar)"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 58, "The Jihad in Review"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 128, "Original Word Of Blake Fleet"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 68, "Flight of the Raven"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 34-35, "Official Update 4"
- Total Chaos, p. 178", "Aftermath"
- Jihad Turning Points: Dieron, p. 16, "Climbing Mount Shanyu"
- Total Chaos, p. 182", "Aftermath"
- Jihad Turning Points: Dieron, p. 14, "Claw Hammer"
- Total Chaos, p. 59, "Dieron (sidebar)"
- Jihad Turning Points: Dieron, p. 15, "My Enemy's Enemy"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 127, "Word Of Blake Militia Divisions"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 107, "Draconis Combine"
- Jihad Turning Points: Dieron, p. 18, "Bloody Takedown"
- Total Chaos, p. 60, "Dieron (sidebar)"
- Total Chaos, p. 179, "Aftermath"
- Jihad Turning Points: Dieron, p. 17, "Polar Possibilities"
- Objectives: Draconis Combine, p. 3, "Strategic Integrity"
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 18, "Draconis Combine - "
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 31, "Draconis Combine after Age of War -  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 25, "Lyran Commonwealth after Age of War -  Map"
- Era Report: 2750, p. 37, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. vii, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Report 2765: Draconis Combine, p. 25, "Draconis Combine Mustered Soldiery Deployment Map - "
- Field Report 2765: Lyran Commonwealth, p. 25, "Lyran Commonwealth Armed Forces Deployment Map - "
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 138, "Operation LIBERATION Wave 1 [July 2772 - December 2774]"
- First Succession War (Source Book), p. 25, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2, p. 122-123, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 43, "Draconis Combine after First Succession War -  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 36, "Lyran Commonwealth after First Succession War -  Map"
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 34, "Free Worlds after First Succession War -  Map"
- First Succession War (Source Book), p. 113, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 53, "Draconis Combine after Second Succession War -  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 40, "Lyran Commonwealth after Second Succession War -  Map"
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 38, "Free Worlds after Second Succession War -  Map"
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine), p. vii, "Draconis Combine Map - "
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 64, "Draconis Combine after Third Succession War -  Map"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 70, "Federated Suns after Third Succession War -  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 47, "Lyran Commonwealth after Third Succession War -  Map"
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 42, "Free Worlds after Third Succession War -  Map"
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 66, "Draconis Combine after Fourth Succession War -  Map"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 71, "Federated Suns after Fourth Succesion War -  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 56, "Lyran Commonwealth after Fourth Succession War -  Map"
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 51, "Free Worlds after Fourth Succession War -  Map"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 133, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 68, "Draconis Combine after War of 3039 -  Map"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 76, "Federated Suns after War of 3039 -  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 59, "Lyran Commonwealth after War of 3039 -  Map"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 11, "Inner Sphere - 3050"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 23, "Inner Sphere - 3052"
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 71, "Draconis Combine after Operation REVIVAL -  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 61, "Lyran Commonwealth after Clan Invasion -  Map"
- Objective Raids, p. 24, "Map of the Draconis Combine"
- Era Report: 3062, p. 11, Inner Sphere -  Map
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 54, "Free Worlds after Operation Guererro -  Map"
- Era Report: 3062, p. 29, "Inner Sphere Map "
- Inner Sphere (sourcebook), p. 21, "Draconis Combine Map"
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 74, "Draconis Combine after FedCom Civil War -  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 70, "Lyran Commonwealth after FedCom Civil War -  Map"
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 56, "Free Worlds after FedCom Civil War -  Map"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 82, "Federated Suns after FedCom Civil War -  Map"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 42, "Inner Sphere - [October 3067] Map"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 65, "Inner Sphere Map "
- Field Report: Clans, p. 29, "Terran Corridor Deployment Map - [August 3079]"
- Field Report: DCMS, p. 21, "Draconis Combine Mustered Soldiery Deployment Map - [August 3079]"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 63, "Inner Sphere Map - [March 3081]"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. vii, "Inner Sphere Map - [October 3085]"
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Era Report: 3145, p. 11, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 251, "SLDF - Terran Hegemony Military Command Map"
- First Succession War (Source Book), p. 137, "First Succession War Deployment Table - DCMS"
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine), p. 133, "Unit Deployment Table"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 139, "Deployment Table"
- 20 Year Update, p. 40, "Draconis Combine Deployment Table"
- 20 Year Updage, p. 70, "Com Guards Deployment Tabel"
- Objective Raids, p. 25, "Draconis Combine Deployment Table"
- ComStar (sourcebook), p. 84, "Com Guards Deployment Table"
- Field Manual: ComStar, p. 127, "Star League Defense Force Deployment Table"
- Field Manual: ComStar, p. 125, "ComGuard Deployment Table"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 100, "Star League Defense Force Deployment Table"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 117, "Draconis Combine Deployment Table"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 97, "Com Guards Deployment Table"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 110, "Word of Blake Mercenary Deployment"
- Field Report: DCMS, p. 9, "Dieron Regulars Regimental Status"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 187, "RAF Deployment Table - 3085"
- Jihad Turning Points: Dieron, p. 3-4, Map of Dieron"
- Technical Readout: 3050 Upgrade, p. 154, "Rotunda Profile"
- Technical Readout: 3075, p. 172, "Turhan Profile"
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 165, "Osaka Heavy Metrica"
- Technical Readout: 3075, p. 210, "K-3N-KR4 Kiso"
- Technical Readout: 3039, p.126
- 20 Year Update
- ComStar (sourcebook)
- Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130)
- Era Report: 2750
- Era Report: 3052
- Era Report: 3062
- Era Report: 3145
- Field Manual: 3085
- Field Manual: 3145
- Field Manual: SLDF
- Field Manual: ComStar
- Field Manual: SLDF
- Field Manual: Updates
- Field Report 2765: Draconis Combine
- Field Report 2765: Lyran Commonwealth
- Field Report: DCMS
- Field Report: Clans
- First Succession War
- Handbook: House Davion
- Handbook: House Kurita
- Handbook: House Marik
- Handbook: House Steiner
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2
- Historical: Reunification War
- Historical: War of 3039
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine)
- Inner Sphere (sourcebook)
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents
- Jihad Turning Points: Dieron
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Objective Raids
- Technical Readout: 3039
- Technical Readout: 3075
- Total Chaos