- Catalyst Releases New Map Pack, New Fiction From Michael Stackpole In March Update
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games - MechWarrior 2: The Clans
- Catalyst Games Releases Succession Wars Record Sheets And Reprinted BattleTech Manual To Get Everyone Up To Date
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games - MechWarrior
- Forever Faithful, Blaine Lee Pardoe’s Latest BattleTech Novel, Now Available For Pre-Order
- Read more →
|Manufacturer||Snow Raven Yards (Lum)|
|Safe Thrust||1.5 g|
|Top Thrust||2.5 g|
|KF Drive Integrity||24|
|Armament|| 16 x ER Large Lasers |
8 x ER PPCs
8 x NAC/10s
8 x NAC/25s
4 x NAC/40s
6 x NL35s
6 x NL45s
6 x NL55s
4 x Medium NPPCs
8 x Medium N-Gauss
|Grav Decks||2 x 140 meter diameter|
|Escape Pods/Life Boats||160|
|Heat Sinks||2,702 Double Heat Sinks|
As the bulk of the Clan WarShip fleets consist of former SLDF vessels that accompanied the Exodus fleet to the Pentagon Worlds, even with periodic refits and upgrades they are little changed from those used during the Amaris Civil War. While the bulk of the Clans were content with this situation, the naval focused Clan Snow Raven were not, seeking to produce something designed to take full advantage of the advances developed by the Clans.
The resulting Nightlord was the most advanced WarShip developed until the introduction of the mammoth Leviathan, boasting armor, firepower and cargo capacity superior to the Star League era McKenna. While serving a fleet and touman flagships for a number of Clans, the high cost and large number of still serviceable ex-SLDF ships has greatly limited the volume of Nightlords outside the Snow Raven fleets, with Clan Ghost Bear boasting the lion's share.
Carrying a suitable large weapons array for a Battleship, the Nightlords primary weapons are a series of Naval Autocannons supported by capital-grade lasers, PPCs and Gauss Rifles. Two ER Large Lasers supporting a pair of NAC/25s, an NL55, Medium NPPC and Medium N-Gauss are carried in the forward and aft weapons bays, with twin ER Large Lasers, two ER PPCs, NAC/10, NAC/25, Medium N-Gauss and one NL35, NL45 and NL55 mounted on each forward and aft angle. Each broadside mounts two ER Large Lasers, two paired sets of NAC/10s and NAC/40s, a NL35 and NL45, another Medium NPPC and Medium NGauss. Carrying a hundred and fifty rounds for each Naval Autocannon class and two-hundred and forty N-Gauss reloads, combined with two-thousand and two Double Heat Sinks give the Nightlord impressive endurance for its size and role.
- MUL online date for the Nightlord
- Technical Readout: 3057, pp. 158-159, "Nightlord Profile"
- Technical Readout: 3057 Revised, pp. 158-159, "Nightlord Ship Profile"