- Catalyst Releases New Map Pack, New Fiction From Michael Stackpole In March Update
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games - MechWarrior 2: The Clans
- Catalyst Games Releases Succession Wars Record Sheets And Reprinted BattleTech Manual To Get Everyone Up To Date
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games - MechWarrior
- Forever Faithful, Blaine Lee Pardoe’s Latest BattleTech Novel, Now Available For Pre-Order
- Read more →
|Tech Base||Star League|
|Sail Diameter||260 m|
|Safe Thrust||3 g|
|Top Thrust||4.5 g|
|KF Drive Integrity||16|
|Armament|| 2 x NL35s |
2 x Medium NPPCs
2 x Light NPPCs
1 x NAC/20
4 x NAC/25s
35 x ER Large Lasers
22 x Gauss Rifles
3 x AC/10s
|Grav Decks||1 x 55 meter diameter|
|Escape Pods/Life Boats||10/10|
|Heat Sinks||600 Double Heat Sinks|
A corvette designed by the Lyran Commonwealth, the Mako-class corvette is a quick, well armed and armored vessel. The vessel's small size and quickness are in stark contrast to conventional Lyran combat doctrines, emphasizing large size to maximize armor and firepower, a doctrine responsible for naval vessels like the Tharkad-class battleship. The Mako serves primarily as an escort vessel for larger fleet movements, but is equally capable as a border garrison or as a lone ship conducting independent operations.
The Mako was produced at the Bolson Shipyards over New Kyoto between 2692 and 2787. During this time, more than 100 Mako-class vessels were constructed. By 2765 the Lyran Commonwealth navy had twenty-seven Makos in service, although the Lyran Commonwealth was ever the consummate trading state and also sold the ship to foreign powers, including the Terran Hegemony and the Rim Worlds Republic. As a result, Makos fought on both sides of the Amaris Civil War.
Production of the Mako ceased after the Free Worlds League destroyed the Bolson Shipyards. Attrition led to the eventual destruction of every Mako in service; the last Mako-class vessel was destroyed over Caledonia trying to repel a Kurita invasion in 2841.
The Mako boasts an impressive armament for a small naval vessel, including naval autocannons, naval PPCs, naval lasers for naval engagements. The Mako also possesses lasers, gauss rifles and autocannons for anti-AeroSpace Fighter defense.
However, the most impressive features of the Mako are its maneuverability and its armor. The 200,000 ton Mako mounts nearly 200 tons of armor, and is capable of exceptionally quick 4.5 G acceleration.
- MUL online date for the Mako
- Technical Readout: 3057 Revised, p. 192, "Mako Ship Profile"
- Field Report: Lyran Commonwealth 2765, p. 5, "The Vacuum Fleet"