- Catalyst Releases New Map Pack, New Fiction From Michael Stackpole In March Update
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games - MechWarrior 2: The Clans
- Catalyst Games Releases Succession Wars Record Sheets And Reprinted BattleTech Manual To Get Everyone Up To Date
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games - MechWarrior
- Forever Faithful, Blaine Lee Pardoe’s Latest BattleTech Novel, Now Available For Pre-Order
- Read more →
|Merchant Class JumpShip|
|Manufacturer||Stellar Trek, Rashpur-Owens Incorporated, Ioto Galactic Enterprises, Dover Shipyards|
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Sail Diameter||950 meters|
|Fuel||tons 80 tons (425)|
|Top Thrust||0.1 Gs|
|KF Drive Integrity||3|
|Crew||4 Officers, 17 Enlisted, 10 Bay Personnel|
|Grav Decks||1 x 40 meters diameter|
|Escape Pods/Life Boats||4/0|
|Heat Sinks||99 (single)|
One of the anchors of interstellar freight shipping, the Merchant class of JumpShips is seen at almost any commercial jump point. The craft is flexible and many are used as military craft. Due to modifications over the last 550 years since it was introduced, the crew size has shrunk from 40 to 21. While the initial impression is that the vessel would give more space to the crew, most of the recovered space became cargo storage.
Although the ship is a commonplace design, there seems to be an overall lack of spare parts for the engine power converter.
The Merchant rarely, if ever, has armaments installed. Equipment described as 'anti-meteor systems' could be considered weapons, but due to their inefficiency, they are unable to damage any other vessel.
- Bay 1: 330 tons
- Bay 2: 2 Small Craft
- Bay 3: 327 tons
There are at least two mentions of Merchant-class vessels featuring three docking hardpoints instead of only two: The Caliban, and one unnamed Merchant that Wolf's Dragoons had rented to carry three Mules from Robinson to Crossing in 3029. This seems to suggest that a refit, if not a proper variant, exists that increases the Merchant's DropShip carrying capacity from two to three.
It has been noted that, because many Merchant-class vessels are privately owned, interior accommodations and equipment vary from ship to ship.
Merchant Ship Gallery
- Technical Readout: 3057 Revised, p. 94, "Merchant JumpShip Profile"
- AeroTech 2 Record Sheets, p. 267
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 2, p. 34
- AeroTech 2
- AeroTech 2 Record Sheets
- Combat Operations
- DropShips and JumpShips
- Historical: Reunification War
- Mercenaries Supplemental
- Mercenary's Handbook 3055
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 2
- Operation Excalibur
- Technical Readout: 3026, Revised Edition
- Technical Readout 3057
- Technical Readout: 3057 Revised
- Warrior: En Garde