(References to Dyev)
Dyev neighbouring systems
Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
| Jump point
|Atmospheric pressure||Standard (Breathable)|
|Highest native life||Mammals|
|Ruler|| Tsubasa Daisuke (Governor)|
James Douglas (Planetary Legate)
 Owner History
- 2271 - Independent World 
- 2341 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2571 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2596 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2750 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2765 - Terran Hegemony 
- 3025 - Draconis Combine
- 3030 - Lyran Commonwealth
- 3040 - Federated Commonwealth
- 3052 - Federated Commonwealth
- 3057 - Lyons Thumb
- 3062 - Lyons Thumb
- 3130 - Republic of the Sphere 
 Planetary Garrison
 Planetary Info
Dyev was one of the worlds that was abandoned by the Terran Alliance following the Outer Reaches Rebellion and the Demarcation Declaration of 2242, but by the end of the Reunification War Dyev had become one of the worlds within the Lone Star Province of the Terran Hegemony.
Dyev's initial colonists were Russian and Slavic miners who hoped to take advantage of the vast mineral and metal ore content on the world. The downside to this was the dearth of fresh water on the world, which made farming difficult. For the first few centuries, Dyev relied on ice ships to bring in water. In the middle of the 25th century, miners following a vein of ore broke through into a large underground sea of fresh water. With this new source of water available, Dyev stopped the ice ship deliveries.
During the Amaris Civil War the Rim Worlds forces poisoned approximately 30% of the available water in an attempt to break opposition to their rule. Until the world was liberated by SLDF forces, the Republican troops kept poisoning the water supply. After the fall of the Star League the world was taken by the Draconis Combine. The Combine devoted more effort to rebuilding the mining operations than purifying the water, so (a few centuries after the last ice ship left Dyev) ice ship deliveries resumed. The Combine, and later the Lyran Commonwealth, would continue these shipments throughout the Succession Wars.
During the Jihad Dyev was occupied by forces from the Word of Blake. As the allied coalition created by Devlin Stone began striking against Word of Blake Protectorate worlds the combined Clan Ghost Bear and Clan Snow Raven task force which had agreed to support the coalition struck at a number of Blakist worlds on the 21st of July 3076. Dyev was one of the worlds targeted by the Clan forces, along with the nearby worlds of Kervil, Ko, Lambrecht, Moore and Sabik. The Word of Blake launched a counter-assault on Dyev in mid-December, with the Blakist ground troops receiving support from a number of WarShips and Pocket WarShips. The resulting battles saw three Blakist WarShips destroyed, the Whirlwind-class Fire Fang, the Aegis-class WoBS Righteous Fury and the Congress-class WoBS Hollings York. However, the Blakist vessels took on three Ghost Bear WarShips - the Leviathan II-class battleship CGB Rasalhague, the Nightlord-class battleship CGB Ursa Major and the Clan Snow Raven Aegis-class CSR Scabbard. As the Blakist WarShips and their accompanying Pocket WarShips and Assault DropShips engaged the Clan WarShips, a second Blakist force arrived and delivered multiple troop DropShips onto Dyev, with two-thirds of the troops surviving and dispersing to avoid orbital bombardment from the Clan ships. The Clans took a heavy toll on the Blakist WarShips, but the Scabbard was destroyed and the Ursa Major was heavily damaged.
The Blakist counter assaults saw forces consisting of the 28th and 32nd Militia Divisions augmented by the 3rd Bryant, 1st Lipton, 2nd New Earth and 1st Zosma Protectorate Militia Divisions land around Trogport and the planetary capital, Novaya Mensk. Blakist media sources claimed that the 28th, Bryant and Lipton Division forces used mine tunnels connecting to the Tupik chasm to hold off forces from the Ghost Bear Alpha and Omega Galaxies. The media sources also reported that the 32nd, New Earth and Zosma Divisions were using the fortifications established on Dyev by the Draconis Combine to resist attacks from the Ghost Bear Kappa and Pi Galaxies. History records that the 28th and 32nd Militia Divisions were subsequently destroyed on Dyev before the end of 3076.
 Nearby Planets
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 1.15 1.16 1.17 Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130), p. 8, "Dyev World Profile"
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Handbook: House Marik, p. 16, "Free Worlds League Founding ["
- ↑ Handbook: House Steiner, p. 13, "Lyran Commonwealth Founding "
- ↑ Handbook: House Steiner, p. 25, "Lyran Commonwealth after Age of War "
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Historical: Reunification War, p. 159, "Inner Sphere - 2596"
- ↑ Era Report: 2750, p. 37, "Inner Sphere - 2750"
- ↑ Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11, "Inner Sphere - 2765"
- ↑ Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- ↑ 20 Year Update, p. 40, "Draconis Combine Deployment Table"
- ↑ Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 22, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 56, "The Jihad In Review"
- ↑ Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 23, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- ↑ 13.0 13.1 Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 18, "A Time Of Cleansing"
- ↑ Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 128, "Captured Ships"
- ↑ Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 20, "Autopsy Of Dyev"
- ↑ Jihad Hot Spots: 3076, p. 87-88, "Dyev Hit By Blakist Counterattack!"
- ↑ Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 126, "Word Of Blake Militia"