(References to Helen)
Helen neighbouring systems
Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
| Jump point
|Moons||3 (Heracles, Agamemnon, Hector)|
|Atmospheric pressure||Standard (Breathable)|
|Highest native life||Fish|
|Ruler|| Yosef Greene (Governor)|
Patricia Kletchkowski (Planetary Legate)
 Owner History
- 2315 - Independent world 
- 2316 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2596 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2750 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2765 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2768 - Amaris Empire 
- 3025 - Federated Suns 
- 3030 - Federated Suns 
- 3040 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3050 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3052 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3057 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3063 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3067 - Federated Suns 
 Planetary Info
Helen has two continents Joppa and Persephonie, deep oceans which have developed a wide variety of undersea life. The most well-known of these is the Great Helenic Whale, a sharklike predator that can grow to four times the size of the Great White Shark on Terra. (Though named a whale, it's not actually a mammal.) The diverse underwater ecology forms the basis of Helen's economy, with tourism being the major industry. Many scientific surveys have also taken place on Helen, investigating the aquatic lifeforms. During the Star League a large floating scientific outpost named "Aquanis" sailed Helen's seas performing various studies. During the Succession Wars, Aquanis sank beneath the waves. Today it's another popular tourist attraction.
 Local Fauna
 Planetary History
 Early History
Settled during the early exodus from Terra, by the 24th Century Helen was already a wealthy independent world. Shortly after Helen signed a mutual defence pact with the nearby worlds of Errai and Quentin it was targetted for conquest by Director-General James McKenna of the newly-formed Terran Hegemony. Having secured his hold over all of the worlds within the rump state of the Terran Alliance, McKenna began a "Campaign of Persuasion" to bring other former Alliance worlds and independent worlds into the Hegemony through military force, and the three allied worlds of Errai, Helen and Quentin were his first targets.
McKenna attacked the Helen system with a large fleet of WarShips, and despite knowing that there was little chance of resisting the invasion the leaders of each of the three allied worlds planned to teach McKenna a lesson; all three worlds converted fleets of cargo and interplanetary courier ships into fighting vessels by adding lasers and missile tubes to battle in space, and all three worlds beefed up their ground forces with large militia forces of trained personnel augmented by volunteers. The colonists on Helen fought a dogged, even fanatical, campaign of resistance against the Hegemony Armed Forces before finally being conquered, and the resistance offered by those on Helen taught the HAF a number of harsh lessons.
 Amaris Civil War
Like the vast majority of the worlds within the Terran Hegemony, Helen was occupied by forces loyal to Stefan Amaris following his coup on the 27th of December 2766. The subsequent occupation was very harsh for the local population; a planet with a huge artistic community, Helen was assigned the Burning Tygers mercenary unit as a part of their garrison. The Burning Tygers proceeded to loot and ransack the artistic community, killing upwards of one hundred thousand innocent civilians during the occupation; with Amaris' government exercising almost complete control over the HPG network and news channels, the desperate cries for help from the population of Helen went unheard as they suffered at the hands of the Tygers.
 Planetary Garrison
 Nearby Planets
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 1.15 1.16 Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130), p. 52, "Helen World Profile"
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 The Star League, p. 16, "Terra's Errant Flock"
- ↑ Historical: Reunification War, p. 159, "Inner Sphere - 2596"
- ↑ Era Report: 2750, p. 37, "Inner Sphere - 2750"
- ↑ Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11, "Inner Sphere - 2765"
- ↑ Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 88-89, "Empire Building And Bloody Excesses"
- ↑ House Davion (The Federated Suns), p. 207, "Federated Suns - Map"
- ↑ Historical: War of 3039, p. 133, "Inner Sphere - 3040"
- ↑ Era Report: 3052, p. 11, "Inner Sphere - 3050"
- ↑ Era Report: 3052, p. 23, "Inner Sphere - 3052"
- ↑ Era Report: 3062, p. 11, "Inner Sphere - 3057"
- ↑ Era Report: 3062, p. 29, "Inner Sphere - 3063"
- ↑ Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- ↑ Era Report: 3145, p. 11, "Inner Sphere Map - "
- ↑ Era Report: 3145, p. 39, "Inner Sphere Map - "
- ↑ 16.0 16.1 16.2 Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 88, "Empire Building And Bloody Excesses"
- ↑ Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 80, "Cometh Hell's Legions"
- ↑ 20 Year Update, p. 19, "Federated Commonwealth Deployment Table"
- ↑ Field Report: Clans, p. 21, "Clan Wolf Deployment Status"
- 20 Year Update
- Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130)
- Era Report: 2750
- Era Report: 3052
- Era Report: 3062
- Era Report: 3145
- Field Report: Clans
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: Reunification War
- Historical: War of 3039
- House Davion (The Federated Suns)
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- The Star League