(References to Basalt)
Basalt neighbouring systems
Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
| Jump point
|Moons||3 (Granite, Marble and Slate)|
|Atmospheric pressure||High (Breathable)|
|Highest native life||Reptiles|
|Ruler|| Count Hector Germayne (Governor)|
Tawanna Thurin (Planetary Legate)
 Owner History
- 2596 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2750 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2765 - Terran Hegemony 
- 3025 - Federated Suns
- 3030 - Federated Suns
- 3040 - Federated Commonwealth
- 3052 - Federated Commonwealth
- 3057 - Federated Commonwealth
- 3062 - Federated Commonwealth
- 3069 - Word of Blake Protectorate (from October)
- 3130 - Republic of the Sphere 
 Garrisoning Military Force
 3069 to 3071
 Planetary Info
Basalt has five continents; Amethyst, Garnet, Opal, Topaz, and Quartz, and was one of the first worlds settled by explorers from the Terran Hegemony. With its vast stores of rare metals and minerals, mining companies eagerly sent employees out to the world. Despite the high gravity, incredible air pressure, and wild weather, the world has long been a source of excellent raw materials.
After the fall of the first Star League the Federated Suns grabbed Basalt. During the Succession Wars the Capellan Confederation tried several times to take the world, but was repelled each time. The most notable instance was during the Fourth Succession War, when the two major cities of the world were attacked by the CCAF in an attempt to halt the Davion advance. Elements of the 1st Kerr's Intruders, McCrimmon's Light Cavalry, and MacGregor's Armored Scouts landed outside Zander's Delight. They faced the 4th Davion Guards RCT, taking serious losses, and surrendering to the AFFS after they discovered that the warehouses were empty.
The second Capellan attack was headed by a half battalion from Warrior House Ijori supported by five companies of the 1st New Hessen Irregulars. They attacked unexpectedly, dropping forces directly on the warehouses in Controssa. The 4th Crucis Lancers's Second Battalion bore the brunt of the Capellan's anger once they discovered the warehouses were empty. Unfortunately the Capellan's focus on destroying the Second Battalion allowed the rest of the Fourth Crucis to surround the Capellans. All the Capellan attackers were destroyed in the ensuing firefight.
The Word of Blake conquered Basalt in September 3069, incorporating it into the Word of Blake Protectorate and hoarding its mineral wealth for themselves. This resulted in a planet-wide economic depression that only started to lighten when the world became part of the Republic of the Sphere.
 Local Fauna
 Nearby Planets
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 1.15 1.16 1.17 Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130), p. 71, "Basalt World Profile"
- ↑ Historical: Reunification War, p. 159, "Inner Sphere - 2596"
- ↑ Era Report: 2750, p. 37, "Inner Sphere - 2750"
- ↑ Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11, "Inner Sphere - 2765"
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 47, "The Jihad In Review"
- ↑ Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- ↑ Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 110, "Word of Blake Mercenary Deployments"
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 1, p. 94