(References to Arboris)
Arboris neighbouring systems
Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
| Jump point
|Moons||3 (Arbalest, Carabonis and Delenious)|
|Atmospheric pressure||Standard (Breathable)|
|Highest native life||Plants|
|Ruler|| Gerhardt Morrisey (Governor)|
Ananiv Rykman (Planetary Legate)
 Owner History
- 2305 - Capellan Hegemony 
- 2308 - Liao Republic 
- 2315 - Duchy of Liao 
- 2366 - Duchy of Liao 
- 2367 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2571 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2596 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2750 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2765 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2822 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2864 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3025 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3030 - Federated Suns 
- 3040 - Federated Commonwealth
- 3052 - Federated Commonwealth
- 3057 - Independent World
- 3058 - Independent World 
- 3067 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3068 - Word of Blake Protectorate (from August)
- 3072 - Word of Blake Protectorate
- 3079 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3130 - Republic of the Sphere 
 Planetary Garrison
- - The Grenadiers were loyal to the Capellan Confederation at this point in time.
- - The Arboris SMM was loyal to the Federated Commonwealth at this point in time.
- - At this point in time, the 2nd McCarron's Armored Cavalry were deployed across Nanking, and Arboris. The 2nd where at 75% of full strength, with 95% of their equipment featuring upgraded technology.
 Planetary Geography
Arboris has one major and two minor continents. The largest of the continents is Jeruc, located in the northern hemisphere of Arboris and named for the scout who first surveyed the world. Jeruc alone covers 38% of the total planetary surface. The two smaller continents, Bandar and Silverado, are approximately the same size as the continent of Australia on Terra and like Australia are island continents.
 Planetary History
 Early History
Arboris was originally colonised by the Capellan Hegemony, and by the outbreak of the Capellan Hegemony/Sarna Supremacy war in 2305, Arboris - then known as the Prefecture of Arboris - was the most coreward member of the Capellan Hegemony. Like the rest of the Hegemony worlds, Arboris suffered from the increasingly heavy tax burden inflicted by the war, as well as the constant drain on manpower as a result of multiple drafts to support the military. In late 2308, the latest in a series of emergency draft and tax legislation pushed out by the Capellan Agoropolis sparked off a city-wide riot in the capital city on Arboris. Bled white by debilitating troop drafts and tax assessments, the citizens of Arboris were no longer willing to participate in what was viewed as a foreign and plutocratic war. The Prefecture of Arboris announced that it was withdrawing from the Hegemony with immediate effect to save it's own people from misery and starvation.
The decision made by Arboris rocked the Hegemony; never before had a world or client state attempted to secede from the Hegemony, but suddenly the threat that the Hegemony might dissolve overnight as and when other worlds joined Arboris in leaving the Hegemony loomed large. Forced to choose between preserving the Hegemony or her government, Prime Magnate Paula Aris chose the Hegemony. Aris dispatched a considerable sum of Capellan currency along with secret orders to Admiral Ishidai and the 2nd Andurien Reserve Fleet, stationed at Zion for refitting at the time. The orders instructed Ishidai to deploy to Arboris, seize key installations on the planet and levy the most recent tax demands by any means necessary.
Ishidai attempted to follow orders, but his route to Arboris took him through the Liao system, where he discovered a flotilla of hastily-armed merchant vessels awaiting him. The fleet belonged to President Emile Falkner Liao of the Liao Republic; Arboris had applied for, and been granted, the status of a protectorate under the neutrality laws of the Liao Republic. As such, President Liao stated that any move against Arboris would be considered an act of war. Ishidai immediately attacked the Liao vessels, only to be ambushed by a second hidden flotilla of Liao ships; the resulting conflict saw the Liao vessels driven off and the 2nd Andurien Reserve Fleet badly mauled and left incapable of completing their mission.
 The Chaos March
When the Ishara Grenadiers landed on Arboris in an attempt to recapture the world for the Capellan Confederation, the defending Arboris SMM was understrength and was soon on the back foot, pushed hard by the Grenadiers; the Arboris SMM was unable to hold a defensive position for any length of time, and were eventually forced to retreat into the Hardina Mountains. Satisfied that they were in control of the planet, the Grenadiers then turned to harassing the civilian population, attempting to chase out Davion sympathisers to use as propoganda tools.
The Grenadiers successfully antagonised the local population with their harsh treatment, resulting in a local agricultural organization gathering together, seizing weapons and supplies from caches hidden by the Arboris SMM earlier, and launching attacks on the Grenadiers. This makeshift organization, the Farmers Freedom Army, initially took heavy losses until they learned to use stealthier methods to strike at the Grenadiers.
Even as the FFA was attacking and harassing the Grenadiers the Arboris SMM was frantically rebuilding and repairing equipment and reorganising itself. The SMM was relocating itself via a forced march when it came to the town of Bantor, arriving just in time to see the Grenadiers First Battalion and the FFA engaged in combat. The SMM, viewing the civilians as people they had sworn to protect, quickly joined the fray on the side of the FFA, helping rout the Grenadiers and forcing them to retreat back to the city of Kansas Plain. However, before Leftenant General Milton Mumvalda could congratulate the FFA on their success, the FFA attacked the SMM. The Militia rapidly learned that the FFA intended to resist all invaders, and considered the SMM to be another invading force, just like the Grenadiers. General Mumvalda ordered a retreat rather than attack the FFA, and Arboris lapsed into a three-way stalemate.
By late 3058 the three factions remained locked in conflict; the Arboris SMM continued to receive a trickle of help from the beleagured Federated Commonwealth and continually launched harrassing attacks on the Grenadiers while trying to reach a truce with the FFA. The Grenadiers have launched a number of attacks targeting the civilian population by destroying random targets, hoping to cow the defiant Arboreans into accepting Capellan rule; this remains a difficult prospect, given that the citizens of Arboris have a history of fierce independence going back centuries. This same self-sufficiency has made the ongoing efforts by both the Grenadiers and the SMM to block shipments of warlike stores on or off Arboris - an attempt to restrict the flow of arms to the FFA - largely moot, as the traditional self-sufficient status of the local population remains firmly in place.
 The Jihad
Arboris was annexed by the Word of Blake during the Jihad; in contrast with many of the worlds seized by the Blakists, the takeover of Arboris was non-violent, and Arboris had been incorporated into the Word of Blake Protectorate by the 1st of August 3068. The population chose to side with the Word of Blake, a new invader, rather than a House that had attempted to conquer the world for centuries; when the Blakists hunted down the remains of the planetary militia and the Capellan forces the population chose to help the Blakists.
On the 19th of November 3076, Arboris was rocked by the explosion of a dirty bomb during festive New Independence celebrations which killed several cabinet members and Arboris' popular Word of Blake Precentor, Sienna Asuncion. The bombing, conducted by Capellan agitators, prompted the polarization of Arboris' population into opposing pro-Blakist and pro-Capellan camps. The Word of Blake news agency, Voice of Truth, reported that responsibility for the blast was claimed by a terrorist group known as "The Black Band", who detonated a second, larger device in a crowded shopping district a day later when their demands for the immediate dissolution of the government were not met. The Blakists implemented martial law on Arboris as a result of the bombing.
Four days after the bombing the Capellan Confederation government issued travel advisory notices through the media encouraging Capellans to avoid travel to Arboris if possible, claiming that Blakist sympathizers were creating unrest and instability intended to target those in the population of Arboris who wished to see Arboris reintegrated peacefully into the Confederation. Acting independently of the allied coalition and Operation SCOUR, CCAF forces launched an assault on Arboris at the end of January 3077, less than three months after the bombing.
 The Dark Age
By 3130 the continent of Jeruc produced the majority of Arboris' agro-produce from the various vast plains and valleys found across the continent. The planetary capital, Kansas Plain, is found in the southwest of the largest single plain on Jaruc, named Kansas Plateau. Kansas Plateau is known for the Kansas Plateau wheat strain, which grows taller than even the tallest BattleMech. Jeruc was home to the bulk of the planetary population, most of whom are either farmers or who work to support the major industries on Arboris. In contrast to the agricultural bent of Jeruc, the continents of Silverado and Bandar are home to timber and mining industries.
 Nearby Planets
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 1.15 1.16 1.17 1.18 1.19 Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130), p. 98, "Arboris"
- ↑ House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 15, "A Condescending Ultimatum"
- ↑ Handbook: House Liao, p. 12, "Timeline: Capellan Zone"
- ↑ House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 17, "Loosening Up"
- ↑ Handbook: House Liao, p. 17, "Capellan Confederation Founding, 2366"
- ↑ Handbook: House Liao, p. 13, "Timeline: Capellan Zone 2367"
- ↑ Handbook: House Liao, p. 25, "Capellan Confederation after Age of War "
- ↑ Historical: Reunification War, p. 159, "Inner Sphere - 2596"
- ↑ Era Report: 2750, p. 37, "Inner Sphere - 2750"
- ↑ Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11, "Inner Sphere - 2765"
- ↑ Handbook: House Liao, p. 31, "Capellan Confederation after First Succession War "
- ↑ Handbook: House Liao, p. 39, "Capellan Confederation after Second Succession War "
- ↑ Handbook: House Liao, p. 40, "Capellan Confederation after Third Succession War "
- ↑ Handbook: House Liao, p. 49, "Capellan Confederation after Fourth Succession War "
- ↑ Handbook: House Liao, p. 60, "Capellan Confederation after Operation Guerrero "
- ↑ Handbook: House Liao, p. 68, "Capellan Confederation after FedCom Civil War "
- ↑ 17.0 17.1 Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 45, "The Jihad In Review"
- ↑ Field Report: CCAF, p. 21, "Capellan Confederation Deployment Map"
- ↑ Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- ↑ 20.0 20.1 20.2 20.3 20.4 20.5 20.6 Chaos March (sourcebook), p. 27, "Arboris"
- ↑ Field Report: CCAF, p. 15, "McCarron's Armored Cavalry Regimental Status"
- ↑ 22.0 22.1 22.2 House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 16-17, "Arboris Secedes"
- ↑ Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 23, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- ↑ 24.0 24.1 Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 56, "The Jihad In Review"
- ↑ Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 15, "Arboris: A World In Crisis"
- ↑ Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 40, "Travel Advisory: Arboris"
- Chaos March (sourcebook)
- Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130)
- Era Report: 2750
- Field Report: CCAF
- Handbook: House Liao
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: Reunification War
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation)
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130