- Original BattleTech Pods In Grand Rapids Michigan Moving To New Dedicated Site
- New BattleTech Box Sets Delayed
- Community Outreach - Interview with Jennifer Brozek, Author Of “The Nellus Academy Incident”
- BattleTech Releases Teaser Video For New Expansion: Flashpoint
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games, "MechWarrior 3050"
- Read more →
Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
Acamar neighboring systems
|X:Y Coordinates||39.543 : -38.565[e]|
The Acamar system is the location of at least one inhabited planet, Acamar VIII - usually referred to simply as "Acamar". The Acamar system has ten planets and a substantial asteroid belt named Illeudian, which is the site of a number of mining operations. As at 3145 Acamar is located in the Tikonov Commonality region of the Capellan Confederation.
- 1 Acamar
- 2 Acamar VIII
- 2.1 Planetary History
- 2.2 Political Affiliation
- 2.3 Planetary Rulers
- 2.4 Military Deployment
- 2.5 Geography
- 2.6 Planetary Locations
- 2.7 Nearby Systems
- 2.8 References
- 2.9 Bibliography
The Acamar system was surveyed by the a team from the planet Tikonov in the early twenty-third century, who identified a habitable world in the system. The Acamar system wasn't considered to be suitable for colonization at the time, but was subsequently settled after the discovery of extensive deposits of titanium ore, gold and silver which made the system highly desirable to House Davion, House Liao and House Marik.
| Jump point
|Atmospheric pressure||Standard (Breathable)|
|Highest native life||Mammals|
|Ruler|| Jasmine Rothen (Governor)|
Peter Whatmore (Planetary Legate)
Acamar is the eighth planet in the Acamar system.
The survey team who surveyed Acamar described the world as a constant winter wonderland. Following the discovery of extensive titanium, gold and silver deposits Acamar was settled by colonists who were undeterred by the planetary climate. The bulk of the population settled in the large Trans-Mahn and Tomahn Moraine valleys and this region would continue to remain the most densely-populated region of the planet until at least as late as the Dark Age. The planetary capital, Kalskag, was founded in the northeastern region of the Tomahn valley; southwest of Kalskag a large silver mine was located in the Tokal Mountains and the city of Flat was founded nearby, growing to become the second-largest city on the planet and the main center of trade. The city of Huss was founded in the Trans-Mahn valley. The colonists also exploited the Marsa Mountains, which became the source of the bulk of the mineral wealth mined by the population.
Amaris Civil War
When Stefan Amaris launched Operation APOTHEOSIS, his takeover of the Terran Hegemony in December 2765, special forces teams were activated on every one of the member-worlds of the Terran Hegemony. Their mission was to seize control of every HPG station in the Hegemony an hour before APOTHEOSIS began. Acamar was one of just three worlds where the attempt by the Rim Worlds Republic to capture the local HPG transmitter saw the transmitter destroyed, due to heavier than anticipated local resistance.
Acamar became a part of the Capellan Confederation and the local nobility maintained their loyalty to that nation even after the world fell to the Federated Suns after forming part of the short-lived Tikonov Free Republic during the Fourth Succession War which saw power swing to the merchants on the planet. 
Fourth Succession War
Following negotiations between Colonel Pavel Ridzik, chief military advisor to Chancellor Maximillian Liao, and AFFS Lieutenant General Ardan Sortek, conducted in February 3029 Ridzik created a new nation, the Tikonov Free Republic. The Republic was created by incorporating those worlds of the Tikonov Commonality that hadn't already been conquered during the first half of the Fourth Succession War. Ridzik returned to Elgin, the new capital of the Tikonov Free Republic, on the 3rd of March 3029 and swiftly began implementing a new government consisting of family members, friends and other appointees loyal to himself, purging dissident elements on the various Republic worlds and taking the opportunity to settle old scores. Acamar was one of the systems incorporated into the Republic.
Clan Invasion Era
Operation Guerrero saw the creation of the Chaos March but Acamar did not fall to the Capellan Confederation, instead gaining dubious independence. A few years after the creation of the Chaos March, the local conflict flared after the Tiger Sharks mercenaries arrived on planet and led to a mutually destructive round of fighting between the nobility based in the capital Kalskag and the merchants based in the city of Flat. Later still, in 3061 an invasion was mounted by a mercenary force led by General Motors of Kathil and Johnston Industries of New Syrtis in Operation: Stiletto which had the aim of bringing Acamar and Genoa back into trade arrangements with these Federated Commonwealth industries who had come to rely on them since 3030s.  
FedCom Civil War
As of 3066, Acamar was noted to have a rather weak government, with the real power held by large mining corporations and the families owning them. This proved problematic when the Capellan Confederation hired Olson's Rangers to attack the planet in October 3066. The privately-hired smaller mercenary units on Acamar refused to cooperate with the government or even each other, stubbornly defending only their assigned objectives and being destroyed one by one as a result along with the planetary militia and the government-hired Peregrine's Hussars mercenary command.
By this point in time the asteroid belt Illeudian was home to numerous mining operations and the headquarters of those various operations. Pickets (sensor platforms) had been stashed in the asteroid belt that could identify incoming vessels, such as identifying three supposed Mule-class DropShips to be in fact an Overlord and two Unions.
During the Jihad, Word of Blake sympathizers in the government ordered the Acamar militia to lay down their arms. This brought Acamar into the Blakist Protectorate by the 1st of August 3068 without a shot being fired. As a result, Acamar didn't suffer greatly during the horrors of the Jihad. Acamar was invaded by allied coalition forces operating on the Federated Suns front of Operation SCOUR in January 3078; the most significant casualty of the battle for control of Acamar was the death of AFFS Marshal Katheryn Sandoval-Ito, who was succeeded by Marshal Jon Davion. Marshal Sandoval-Ito fell in battle on the 7th of January, her Devastator BattleMech swamped by Word of Blake Purifier and Se'irim battle armor until it fell.
After the Jihad, a native of Acamar became the Chairman of the Capellan Transitional Council, the advisory body established alongside the Capellan Transitional Government to ease the transition of former Capellan worlds into the newly-formed Republic of the Sphere. The Chairman, Su Xiaose, was mayor of Hess during the Jihad and led an anti-Blakist resistance movement on the world during the Word of Blake occupation of Acamar.
The Dark Age
The Liao government traditionally gave Acamar's nobility the lion's share of profits from the planet's gold and silver trading, and so the nobles remained as staunchly pro-Liao in the Dark Age as they had always been. The merchant class, however, chafed under the status quo.
- 2271 - Inhabited world 
- 2341 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2366 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2571 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2596 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2750 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2764 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2765 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2765 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2771 - Amaris Empire 
- 2772 - Terran Hegemony (from September)
- 2822 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2864 - Capellan Confederation  
- 3025 - Capellan Confederation  
- 3029 - Tikonov Free Republic (from March)
- 3030 - Tikonov Free Republic  
- 3040 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3050 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3052 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3057 - Chaos March 
- 3058 - Chaos March  
- 3063 - Chaos March 
- 3067 - Federated Suns   
- 3068 - Word of Blake Protectorate 
- 3075 - Word of Blake Protectorate 
- 3079 - Word of Blake Protectorate   
- 3081 - Republic of the Sphere 
- 3085 - Republic of the Sphere 
- 3130 - Republic of the Sphere 
- 3135 - Independent 
- 3145 - Capellan Confederation 
- - At this point in time The Arcadians operating at 115% of full strength, with 15% of their equipment featured Clan and 90% Star League technology.
Acamar has three continents and a very large island group, but only the continent of Katenga was suitable for colonization. Situated in the planet's equatorial region, even this continent was not immune from Acamar's winter storms. Katenga has two large valleys where most of the planet's population was located. Trans-Mahn is the southern valley, where the Mahn River flows. The Osz Forest covers the northern approach to the valley, where the Otal foothills separated Trans-Mahn from Tomahn Moraine. Tomahn is the larger of the two valleys. Southwest of the Tomahn valley lies the Tokal Mountains, which are rich in silver. Acamar's remaining continents of Tamarack and Asta are in the northern hemisphere where they are frozen year round, making them impossible to settle.
East of the Katenga coastal plain between Flat and Kalskag is the Marsa Plateau, also referred to generally as the "badlands", thousands of square kilometers of arroyos and canyons. Beyond these are the Marsa Mountains were rich in mineral wealth.
- Flat: second largest city on Acamar during the Dark Age and located near the Tokal Mountains
- Huss: city located in the Trans-Mahn valley
- Kalskag: capital city of Acamar and located in the northeastern part of the Tomahn Moraine valley
- Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130), p. 92, "Acamar World Profile"
- Decision at Acamar, p. 6
- Field Manual: 3145, p. VI, "Inner Sphere - 3145"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 13, "Lyran Commonwealth Founding "
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 71, "Hegemony Blackout"
- "Operation: Stiletto (scenario pack)
- Chaos March Sourcebook
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 2, p. 16-17, "Tikonov Free Republic"
- Decision at Acamar
- Field Manual: Mercenaries (Revised), p. 94
- Field Manual: Update, p. 121
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 45, "The Jihad In Review"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 58, "The Jihad in Review"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 71-72, "And A Davion To Lead Us All"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 14-15, "Capellan Transitional Government Formed"
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 16, "Free Worlds League Founding "
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 17, "Capellan Confederation Foundation "
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 25, "Capellan Confederation after Age of War "
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 159, "Inner Sphere - 2596"
- Era Report: 2750, p. 37, "Inner Sphere - 2750"
- Field Manual: SLDF, Inner Sphere - 
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11, "Inner Sphere - 2765"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 138, "Operation LIBERATION Wave 1 [July 2772 - December 2774]"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 31, "Capellan Confederation after First Succession War "
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2, p. 122-123, "Inner Sphere - 2822"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 39, "Capellan Confederation after Second Succession War "
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 60, "Federated Suns after Second Succession War  Map"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 40, "Capellan Confederation after Third Succession War  Map"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 70, "Federated Suns after Third Succession War  Map"
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 2, p. 16, "Tikonov Commonality (Map)"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 49, "Capellan Confederation after Fourth Succession War  Map"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 71, "Federated Suns after Fourth Succession War  Map"
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 2, p. 94, "End Of The War"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 76, "Federated Suns after War of 3039 Map"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 133, "Inner Sphere - 3040"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 11, Inner Sphere  Map
- Era Report: 3052, p. 23, Inner Sphere  Map
- Era Report: 3062, p. 11, Inner Sphere  Map
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 60, "Capellan Confederation after Operation Guerrero  Map"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 78, "Federated Suns after Operation Guerrero  Map"
- Era Report: 3062, p. 29, Inner Sphere  Map
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 68, "Capellan Confederation after FedCom Civil War  Map"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 82, "Federated Suns after FedCom Civil War  Map"
- ' Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 41, "Inner Sphere Map - [October 3067]
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 65, Inner Sphere  Map
- Field Report: CCAF, p. 21, "Capellan Confederation Armed Forces Deployment Table "
- Field Report: FWLM, p. 17, "Free Worlds League Military Deployment Table "
- Field Report: LAAF, p. 19, "Lyran Alliance Armed Forces Deployment Table "
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 63, "Inner Sphere Map - [March 3081]"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 127, "Inner Sphere Map - [October 3085]"
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Era Report: 3145, p. 11, "Inner Sphere Map - "
- Era Report: 3145, p. 39, "Inner Sphere Map - "
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 141, "Deployment Table"
- Mercenaries Supplemental , p. 67, "Mercenary Deployment Table"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 110, "Word of Blake Mercenary Deployments"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 200, "Canopian Lancers"
- Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130)
- Decision at Acamar
- Era Report: 2750
- Era Report: 3052
- Era Report: 3062
- Era Report: 3145
- Field Manual: 3085
- Field Manual: 3145
- Field Manual: SLDF
- Field Report: CCAF
- Field Report: FWLM
- Field Report: LAAF
- Handbook: House Davion
- Handbook: House Liao
- Handbook: House Marik
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2
- Historical: Reunification War
- Historical: War of 3039
- House Davion (The Federated Suns)
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Mercenaries Supplemental
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 2
- Operation: Stiletto (scenario pack)
- Chaos March (sourcebook)