Tikonov Free Republic
- Did You Know? - Fan made TRO 3028 is better than the originals!
- BattleTech Technology - Today!
- Someone did the math on how many 'Mechs you kill in MechWarrior 3
- A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs: Empyreal's prtNspz - Full Interview
- Unstoppable: A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs, Empyreal's prtNspz
- Read more →
|Tikonov Free Republic|
|Time period:||3 March 3029 - 3031|
|Controlled systems:||approx. 23|
|Ruler title:||Supreme Lord|
|Military:||Tikonov Free Republic Army (TFRA)|
The Tikonov Free Republic was a small nation that was created out of the fires of the Fourth Succession War. Capellan Chancellor Maximilian Liao's chief military adviser Pavel Ridzik, decided to secede the Tikonov Commonality from the Capellan Confederation after the Federated Suns invaded in 3028. Ridzik quickly signed an alliance with Federated Suns Prince Hanse Davion that saved his small realm from attack. In exchange, Ridzik agreed not to assault any Capellan worlds, current or former.
Ridzik did go on the offensive, however, against the much larger Free Worlds League. Ridzik's Republican Guards were able to surprise and defeat League troops on worlds like Hall. Captain-General Janos Marik's fear of the nascent Federated Commonwealth kept him from retaliating. Chancellor Liao did retaliate, however, in the only form he could. He had Pavel Ridzik assassinated.
Prince Davion's closest friend, Ardan Sortek, was on hand when Ridzik was killed, so he effectively took over the reigns of the Republic. In 3031, after the end of the 4th War, the people of the Tikonov Free Republic chose to end their short-lived independence and join the Federated Commonwealth's Sarna March, bringing their conquered League worlds with them.
Military Forces of the Republic
The Republican Guards was the brigade that formed the core of the Republic's main army. Despite the Republic voting to join the Federated Commonwealth, the Republic Guards survived absorption and continued serving region until last unit was eliminated in last blows of the FedCom Civil War.
- 1st Republican BattleMech Regiment
- 2nd Republican BattleMech Regiment
- 3rd Republican BattleMech Regiment
- 4th Republican BattleMech Regiment
- 5th Republican BattleMech Regiment
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 2, p. 81 - "Fourth Succession War Main Theater of Operations (3030)".