|Planetary System Info|
|Star Type||F4V (175 hours)|
|Position in System||4th|
|Time to Jump Point||11.23 Days|
|HPG Facility Class||A|
|Percent, Level of Native Life||25%, Reptile|
|Planetary Capital||Bangor Heights|
(References to Poulsbo)
Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
X: -375.08 Y: -64.08[e]
- Number of Satellites: 1 (Sjure)
- Surface Gravity: 0.92
- Atm. Pressure: Standard (Breathable)
- Equatorial Temperature: 54° C (Tropical)
- Surface Water: 80 percent
 Era Specific Data
- Noble Ruler: Deborah Astra IV, Duchess of Poulsbo
- Political Leader: Chairman Peter Ayers
- ComStar Representative: Precentor Ernst deCressy
- HPG Class Type: B
- Noble Ruler: Duke Zachary Astra
- Population: 2,405,000,000
- Socio-Industrial Levels/USIIR: D-C-D-C-C
 Garrisoning Military Force
 Owner History
- 2596 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2750 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2765 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 3025 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 3030 - Lyran Commonwealth
- 3040 - Federated Commonwealth
- 3052 - Federated Commonwealth
- 3057 - Lyran Alliance
- 3062 - Lyran Alliance
- 3067 - Lyran Alliance
- 3068 - Free Worlds League (from September)
- 3075 - Circinus Federation (from mid-March)
- 3079 - Duchy of Tamarind-Abbey 
- 3081 - Lyran Alliance (dead or dying world)
- 3130 - No record 
 Planetary History
 The Jihad
Following the invasion of the Free Worlds League by the Skye and Bolan Provinces of the Lyran Alliance in what was termed Operation ÜBERSCHATTEN, Marshall Jeremy Brett took command of the local FWLM and launched a counteroffensive, under the name Operation BROKEN FIST. BROKEN FIST went beyond simply attempting to recapture worlds that the Lyrans had seized, striking into Lyran space at numerous worlds. Poulsbo was one of the worlds hit and was attacked by the League forces on the 3rd of September 3068.
On the 17th of March 3075 Poulsbo was conquered by a force of cybernetically-augmented troops from the Circinus Federation. Attackers from the Federation also conquered the nearby world of Khon Kaen in the same wave of attacks, as well as attacking the Marian Hegemony worlds of Blantleff and Maximillian.
On the 16th of May 3075, the leader of the armed forces of the Duchy of Tamarind, Marshall Photon Brett-Marik agreed a plan with the Buena Archonette for a joint operation to force the Blakist forces off Poulsbo and Kohn Kaen. The combined FWLM/LAAF attack on both worlds took place on the 21st of June, freeing both worlds, although the defenders - a mix of Circinian "chain gang" troops and irregular forces from the Word of Blake - put up a determined resistance, selling themselves dearly. The battles on Poulsbo and Khon Kaen highlighted that new Shadow Divisions were being raised in the Circinus Federation by the Word of Blake.
On the 13th of February 3081 Poulsbo was subjected to orbital and nuclear bombardment by a task force from the Principality of Regulus. The Regulans were pursuing the Word of Blake leader known as The Master from world to world, subjecting each to the same destructive bombardment as they attempted to kill The Master and his bodyguard Manei Domini. Poulsbo was the fourth world to be rendered uninhabitable by the Regulans, joining Gibson, Paradise and Diamantina, and was the penultimate world to be subjected to such harsh Regulan "justice" prior to the end of the Jihad.
Acting as the planetary garrison at the time of the Regulan attack was the mercenary unit Heart of Blake, a group who had broken away from the Word of Blake early in the Jihad. Both the Heart of Blake and the planetary government made extensive and strenuous attempts to contact the Regulan task force in the system, which was led by the Thera-class WarShip RPS Delos. The Regulans ignored all contact from the planet, whether the government and others were claiming that Poulsbo was free of Blakist influence, offering to share intelligence or simply begging for mercy. When the Delos arrived in orbit it began a nuclear bombardment of the planet with the capital city and nearby military facilities. The Regulans then proceeded to drop strategic thermonuclear weapons on every major population center on the planet, spread across all five continents.
Early responders indicated that there was no evidence of AeroSpace activity within the system, indicating that any survivors of the nuclear sterilization of the planet were unable to leave the surface, and that almost every transmitter - both military and civilian - had ceased broadcasting during the bombardment. Both the Lyran Alliance and the Duchy of Tamarind were dispatching relief ships to the system within 24 hours of the attack.
After repeated demands for comment from the media, the Principality of Regulus dispatched a junior officer - Junior Lieutenant Mitch Sherman - to justify the actions of the task force. The Lyran 4th Alliance Guards had the misfortune to be present on Poulsbo when the Regulans bombarded the planet. The bombardment destroyed the 4th and was a heavy blow to the morale of the Alliance - and a source of outrage directed towards the Principality of Regulus, with calls for prompt and bloody retribution in the face of Regulan claims that the bombardment was for the "greater good".
 Nearby Planets
Planets within 2 jumps (60 light-years). Closest planets first:
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 22-23, "Only Way To Be Sure"
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Handbook: House Steiner, p. 75, "Planet Profile"
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth), p. 167, "Planet Guide"
- ↑ House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth), p. 117, "Unit Deployment Table"
- ↑ 20 Year Updage, p. 71, "Com Guards Deployment Tabel"
- ↑ 20 Year Update, p. 28, "Federated Commonwealth Deployment Table"
- ↑ Shattered Sphere, p. 50, "Lyran Alliance Deployment Table"
- ↑ Field Report: FWLM, p. 16, "Irregular Forces Status"
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 84, "The Defensive Situation"
- ↑ Historical: Reunification War, p. 158, "Inner Sphere Map "
- ↑ Era Report: 2750, p. 36, "Inner Sphere - 2750"
- ↑ Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 10, "Inner Sphere - 2765"
- ↑ 13.0 13.1 Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 45, "The Jihad In Review"
- ↑ 14.0 14.1 Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 15, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- ↑ 15.0 15.1 Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 53, "The Jihad In Review"
- ↑ Field Report: FWLM, pp. 16-17, "FWLM Deployment Map "
- ↑ Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 62, "Inner Sphere - March 3081"
- ↑ Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- ↑ Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 16, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- ↑ 20.0 20.1 Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 54, "The Jihad In Review"
- ↑ Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 17, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- ↑ Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 61, "The Jihad In Review"