(References to Poulsbo)
Poulsbo neighbouring systems
|Recharge time||175 hours|
Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
| Jump point
|Atmospheric pressure||Standard (Breathable)|
|Equatorial temperature||54° C (Tropical)|
|Highest native life||Reptile|
|Reference Year||3025 - 3067|
|Ruler|| Deborah Astra IV, Duchess of Poulsbo (3025)|
Duke Zachary Astra (3067)
|HPG (Representative)||B (Precentor Ernst deCressy) (3025)|
- 2596 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2750 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2765 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 3025 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 3030 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 3068 - Free Worlds League (from September)
- 3075 - Circinus Federation (from mid-March)
- 3079 - Duchy of Tamarind-Abbey 
- 3081 - Lyran Alliance (dead or dying world)
- 3130 - No record 
First Succession War
Captain-General Thaddeus Marik attempted to reverse a two-pronged invasion of the Free Worlds League by the Lyran Commonwealth Armed Forces that had conquered a number of worlds, including Binyang, Danxian, Radostov and Valloire, and which in 2811 was threatening the important industrial world of Acrux, by launching a counteroffensive - the first target of which was Poulsbo. On Poulsbo at the time was a crack LCAF regiment known as The Stealths, which was initially considered a stroke of fortune by the Free Worlds League Military as Poulsbo was the first target of their campaign and it would be of considerable benefit to the League if the troublesome LCAF regiment could be exterminated. Fate proved otherwise, however; the FWLM forces fought bravely and downed numerous LCAF aerospace fighters but couldn't stop The Stealths' DropShips or JumpShips, and the FWLM losses were such that Thaddeus' counteroffensive died stillborn.
Following the invasion of the Free Worlds League by the Skye and Bolan Provinces of the Lyran Alliance in what was termed Operation ÜBERSCHATTEN, Marshall Jeremy Brett took command of the local FWLM and launched a counteroffensive, under the name Operation BROKEN FIST. BROKEN FIST went beyond simply attempting to recapture worlds that the Lyrans had seized, striking into Lyran space at numerous worlds. Poulsbo was one of the worlds hit and was attacked by the League forces on the 3rd of September 3068.
On the 17th of March 3075 Poulsbo was conquered by a force of cybernetically-augmented troops from the Circinus Federation. Attackers from the Federation also conquered the nearby world of Khon Kaen in the same wave of attacks, as well as attacking the Marian Hegemony worlds of Blantleff and Maximillian.
On the 16th of May 3075, the leader of the armed forces of the Duchy of Tamarind, Marshall Photon Brett-Marik agreed a plan with the Buena Archonette for a joint operation to force the Blakist forces off Poulsbo and Kohn Kaen. The combined FWLM/LAAF attack on both worlds took place on the 21st of June, freeing both worlds, although the defenders - a mix of Circinian "chain gang" troops and irregular forces from the Word of Blake - put up a determined resistance, selling themselves dearly. The battles on Poulsbo and Khon Kaen highlighted that new Shadow Divisions were being raised in the Circinus Federation by the Word of Blake. Although the exact composition of the League and Alliance forces that deployed were kept secret, both planets were attacked by combined task forces where forces from the two nations actively fought side by side, which the media reported as being a first in the history of the two nations. Both planets were struck simultaneously, and rumours indicated that the Lyran troops were drawn from the armed forces of the Buena Archonette, while the Free Worlds League forces were built around the First Brigade of the Fusiliers of Oriente.
The campaign to liberate Poulsbo was slower and harder-fought than the battle for Khon Kaen; this was due in large part to the occupying forces holding the military base at Bangor as well as the the capital city, Bangor Heights, which was surrounded by natural defenses. It wasn't until the 28th of June that the main Blakist strength on the planet was defeated, with a combination of brilliant innovation on the part of Colonel Chapman-Potemkin, a lot of valor on the part of the allied troops and sheer determination. Not all of the occupying forces were destroyed, however; a portion of their strength - perhaps ten percent of their forces overall - escaped via the Bangor Heights military DropPort in a vessel incapable of leaving the Poulsbo system unaided, making their final location uncertain.
On the 13th of February 3081 Poulsbo was subjected to orbital and nuclear bombardment by a task force from the Principality of Regulus. The Regulans were pursuing the Word of Blake leader known as The Master from world to world, subjecting each to the same destructive bombardment as they attempted to kill The Master and his bodyguard Manei Domini. Poulsbo was the fourth world to be rendered uninhabitable by the Regulans, joining Gibson, Paradise and Diamantina, and was the penultimate world to be subjected to such harsh Regulan "justice" prior to the end of the Jihad.
Acting as the planetary garrison at the time of the Regulan attack was the mercenary unit Heart of Blake, a group who had broken away from the Word of Blake early in the Jihad. Both the Heart of Blake and the planetary government made extensive and strenuous attempts to contact the Regulan task force in the system, which was led by the Thera-class WarShip RPS Delos. The Regulans ignored all contact from the planet, whether the government and others were claiming that Poulsbo was free of Blakist influence, offering to share intelligence or simply begging for mercy. When the Delos arrived in orbit it began a nuclear bombardment of the planet with the capital city and nearby military facilities. The Regulans then proceeded to drop strategic thermonuclear weapons on every major population center on the planet, spread across all five continents.
Early responders indicated that there was no evidence of AeroSpace activity within the system, indicating that any survivors of the nuclear sterilization of the planet were unable to leave the surface, and that almost every transmitter - both military and civilian - had ceased broadcasting during the bombardment. Both the Lyran Alliance and the Duchy of Tamarind were dispatching relief ships to the system within 24 hours of the attack.
After repeated demands for comment from the media, the Principality of Regulus dispatched a junior officer - Junior Lieutenant Mitch Sherman - to justify the actions of the task force. The Lyran 4th Alliance Guards had the misfortune to be present on Poulsbo when the Regulans bombarded the planet. The bombardment destroyed the 4th and was a heavy blow to the morale of the Alliance - and a source of outrage directed towards the Principality of Regulus, with calls for prompt and bloody retribution in the face of Regulan claims that the bombardment was for the "greater good".
- First Knights of St. Cameron
- Forty-second Avalon Hussars RCT
- Heart of Blake
Planets within 2 jumps (60 light-years). Closest planets first:
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth), p. 165, "Poulsbo Planet Guide"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 75, "Poulsbo"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 22-23, "Only Way To Be Sure"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 158, "Inner Sphere Map "
- Era Report: 2750, p. 36, "Inner Sphere - 2750"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 10, "Inner Sphere - 2765"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 132, "Inner Sphere - 3040"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 45, "The Jihad In Review"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 15, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 53, "The Jihad In Review"
- Field Report: FWLM, pp. 16-17, "FWLM Deployment Map "
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 62, "Inner Sphere - March 3081"
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- House Marik (The Free Worlds League), p. 29, "Father and Son"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 16, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 54, "The Jihad In Review"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 17, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3076, p. 38, "Lyran, League Troops Repel Circinus Invaders"
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3076, p. 39, "Lyran, League Troops Repel Circinus Invaders"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 61, "The Jihad In Review"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 84, "The Defensive Situation"
- Field Report: Lyran Commonwealth 2765, p. 9, "Regimental Status"
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth), p. 117, "Unit Deployment Table"
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 1, p.45, "Operation GÖTTERDÄMMERUNG"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 141, "Deployment Table"
- 20 Year Update, p. 28, "Federated Commonwealth Deployment Table"
- 20 Year Update, p. 71, "Com Guards Deployment Tabel"
- Shattered Sphere, p. 50, "Lyran Alliance Deployment Table"
- Field Report: FWLM, p. 16, "Irregular Forces Status"
- 20 Year Update
- Era Report: 2750
- Field Report: FWLM
- Field Report 2765: Lyran Commonwealth
- Handbook: House Steiner
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: Reunification War
- Historical: War of 3039
- House Marik (The Free Worlds League)
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth)
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3076
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 1
- Objective Raids
- Shattered Sphere