Fusiliers of Oriente
- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|Fusiliers of Oriente|
|Unit Profile (as of [])|
|Parent Formation||Free Worlds League Military|
The Fusiliers of Oriente are the more prestigious of the Grand Duchy of Oriente forces.
The Fusiliers of Oriente made up the largest unit of forces available to the Duchy of Oriente. They were one of the most effective units in the Free Worlds League Military, whether provincial or federal. Despite their origins as a provincial unit, the Fusiliers of Oriente always responded to the LCCC's call, never using the Home Defense Act to avoid federal service. Indeed in 3064 Duke Halas would take this one step further and place the Fusiliers of Oriente completely under the control of the FWLM, essentially rendering the Home Defense Act useless in the Duchy of Oriente.
Unlike the Marik Militia the Fusiliers of Oriente typically rebuilt units rather than creating new ones. This provided them with a long and storied history and instilled pride in the soldiers who made up the units.
Elements of the Fusiliers of Oriente were the only Free Worlds League troops to see combat on two fronts during the Reunification War. The First and Second Fusiliers served on the Magistracy of Canopus front and later the Rim Worlds Republic front.
During the Jihad the Fusiliers of Oriente fought both the LCAF and CCAF, losing three regiments in the process. They only provided logistical support to the Coalition forces however, and after the Jihad ended they turned their attention to defending their traditional homeworlds.
Units of the Fusiliers of Oriente
- Ducal Guard
- 1st Fusiliers of Oriente
- 2nd Fusiliers of Oriente - Destroyed during the Jihad.
- 3rd Fusiliers of Oriente
- 4th Fusiliers of Oriente - Destroyed during the Jihad.
- 5th Fusiliers of Oriente - Destroyed during the Jihad.
Colors and Unit Insignia
The Fusiliers of Oriente used dark green with black edging and pale green highlights as their parade colors. Their brigade insignia was a stylized red and green orchid on a black rectangle.
- Field Manual: Free Worlds League, p. 73
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 151
- Historical: Reunification War, pp. 38, 95, 129, 148-149, 152-153
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 75
- Field Report: FWLM, p. 10
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 183, "Free Worlds League"