- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|Archon of the Lyran Commonwealth|
Plagued by insanity and her slightly off-kilter personality, Margaret grew steadily unstable after her abortion of her only child with her husband.
Born on Tharkad to a minor nobility family, she was raised as a girl of class. However, at age 16 she was struck by a fever, which triggered her to hear voices that were advising what to do. By 18, she was committed to hospital where she underwent expensive psychotherapy with powerful paramedical medication. After year in therapy she was cured and released from the hospital. Shortly after she joined the LCAF Armor Corp, where she rose up the officer ranks of Colonel of the 1st Royal Guards Armor Brigade.  
During her military career, she meet Steven Steiner, who fell madly in love with her. Many among Steven's friends and collages advised against the relationship. Though she had been "cured" of her illness, her personality was odd.
Marriage & Insanity
In 2471 she is married to Steven in double wedding with his brother Archon Michael Steiner and his bride. Prior to being married, Margaret was pregnant with Steven's child. Unfortunately, she was forced to have life threatening abortion at six months. This triggered her to start speaking her "spiritual guides" she once spoke when she was teenager.
Archon Michael Steiner, advised Steve, to have her committed back to the hospital to again undergo psychopharamical therapy. However, this was just days before devastating earthquake devastated the capital. The quake killed number of politicians and Archon's wife, which devastated him. He then turned over Archonship to her husband, making her consort & wife to Archon.
During her time at Steven side, she wielded considerable influence over her husband, using her mysticism and consulting the zodiac. His indecisiveness was partially blamed on Margaret’s growing insanity, which was concerning government. During the Loki Incident of 2488, her advice (via her mysticism) to her husband led to the death of number of Loki Commandos which were being held on Vega. Duke Samuel Natesh of Tamar & Duke Connor Gilderoy became influence in Margaret's decisions. Though her, they managed to convince Steven to abolition the rules of nobility not having a personal army that was larger than Commonwealth's own forces on their respective planets.
Archonship & Civil War
In 2501, Steven Steiner died, with her husband dead, Margaret declared herself Archon despite her nephew being rightful heir. At time of her declaration of the Archonship, no one in Commonwealth protested her ascension.
During her brief rule on Tharkad, the Throne Room of the Palace became a carnival of mystic seers, card reading and other mysticism. During this time the Dukes of Skye and Tamar were parties who had secretly kept Margaret in power, while they were the ones whom were truly the in charge of the Lyran Commonwealth. Only resistance to her officially being named Archon, was from Estates General. The members Estates General and military departed to search for Steven's nephew, Robert.
In light of possibility of Robert's fighting her, she told Estate he has no claim due to him being illegitimate child.
However by 2503, her nephew Robert Steiner, arrived on Tharkad at head of several Regiments. Margaret fled the capital, with Skye Duke Connor Gilderoy. So began the Steiner Civil War, where she was on run from new Archon Robert Steiner's forces. Once on Tharkad, his claim to Archonship, was confirmed, where they weighted difference of an illegitimate heir verse having mad woman on the throne.
In 2504, he had nearly cornered her on Skye, but house units of Tamar's managed buy enough time to allow her to escape with the Duke. Five months later, her allies nearly trapped Robert on Tamar's rock and barren Sahara continent. Margaret's forces had cornered the young Steiner on the peninsula. Just as things look good for her and her allies, a space cutter with envoy from Terran Hegemony arrived, requested a cease-fire in hostilities. Despite, near victory, she and her allied Duke reluctantly agree to meet with the envoy. The overnight negotiations for cease-fire failed, by morning, Margaret and her allies Dukes returned to their forces to prepare to bring in the final blow of the Civil War. However, forces belonging to Duke Nels Reynolds, arrived to turn the tide of battle to Robert's forces.
She and her allies were captured and tried for high treason against the state. Due to her insanity, she is found not guilty and sentenced to exile imprisonment to a mountain fortress on Gallery.
|Archon of the Lyran Commonwealth
| Succeeded by|
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth) Map/Steiner Family Tree Page - In Published book only - Margaret Olsen birthdate & reign listed.
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth) p. 27 - The Tharkan Witch - Early character history not in later publications.
- Handbook: House Steiner p. 21 - Bad Owens - Margaret's LCAF rank and unit she was assigned to is revealed.
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth) p. 27 - Dukes of Tamar & Skye take advantage of unstable Margaret and has her to convince her husband to give the Dukedoms larger armies.
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth) p. 27 - The Tharkan Witch - Margaret proclaims herself Archon on her Husband's death.
- Handbook: House Steiner p. 21 - Civil War - Estates General refuse to confirm her as Archon.
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth) p. 28 - Repaying Old Depts - Brief events of Margaret's near victory, but soon defeated Duke Reyonds with reinforcement.
- Handbook: House Steiner p. 23 - Aftermath - Margaret Olsen-Steiner's fate.
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth) p. 29 - Repaying Old Depts - More detailed information fate of Margaret Olsen-Steiner.