- Catalyst Announces New Kickstarter To Bring Clan Invasion To New Box Sets
- Let’s Talk About The MechWarrior 2 Soundtrack
- Leak Suggests Microsoft Might Resurrect MechAssault At This Year’s E3
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games - MechWarrior 2: 31st Century Combat
- BattleTech: Urban Warfare Confirmed For June 4th Release
- Read more →
Sheratan neighboring systems
|X:Y Coordinates||40.84 : -21.506[e]|
Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
Orbital view of Sheratan
| Jump point
|Atmospheric pressure||Standard (Breathable)|
|Highest native life||Mammals|
|Ruler|| Alex Ravenswood (Governor)|
Josef Sparrow (Planetary Legate)
- 2271 - Inhabited world 
- 2319 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2366 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2571 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2596 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2750 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2764 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2765 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2771 - Amaris Empire 
- 2774 - Amaris Empire 
- 2786 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2822 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2864 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3025 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3029 - Tikonov Free Republic (from March)
- 3030 - Tikonov Free Republic 
- 3040 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3050 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3052 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3057 - Chaos March 
- 3058 - Chaos March 
- 3063 - Chaos March 
- 3067 - Chaos March 
- 3075 - Word of Blake Protectorate 
- 3079 - Word of Blake Protectorate 
- 3081 - Republic of the Sphere 
- 3085 - Republic of the Sphere 
- 3130 - Republic of the Sphere 
- 3135 - Independent world 
- 3145 - Capellan Confederation 
Sheratan is an agricultural world. The land is arranged in a single continent with several large inland seas. This continent is covered in forests, jungles, and farmland. Sheratan is described as being a beautiful world, sparsely populated, with forests and jungles around the equator. The forests created large fertile areas, and agricultural concerns moved in, bought land, cut down the forests and planted fruits and vegetables from across the Inner Sphere..
Having become independent as a result of the Demarcation Declaration, Sheratan was subsequently added to the resurgent Terran Hegemony; whilst some worlds joined the Hegemony during its early years as a result of diplomatic and trade incentives, many more were conquered in "campaigns of persuasion" launched by Director-General James McKenna, the first of which began in 2316 and ended with the capture of Towne in 2317. Sheratan was one of the worlds added to the Hegemony during or around the time of this first military campaign.
Other than a great deal of farmland, Sheratan had nothing else to recommend it. Therefore it was generally spared the horrific effects of the Succession Wars. During the formation of the Chaos March however, the world was ravaged by CCAF troops. After the world joined the Republic of the Sphere, its economy and population stabilized.
Fourth Succession War
Following negotiations between Colonel Pavel Ridzik, chief military advisor to Chancellor Maximilian Liao, and AFFS Lieutenant General Ardan Sortek, conducted in February 3029 Ridzik created a new nation, the Tikonov Free Republic. The Republic was created by incorporating those worlds of the Tikonov Commonality that hadn't already been conquered during the first half of the Fourth Succession War. Ridzik returned to Elgin, the new capital of the Tikonov Free Republic, on the 3rd of March 3029 and swiftly began implementing a new government consisting of family members, friends and other appointees loyal to himself, purging dissident elements on the various Republic worlds and taking the opportunity to settle old scores. Sheratan was one of the systems incorporated into the Republic.
After the formation of the Chaos March, Atticks Enterprises hired several mercenaries to secure the foodstuffs stored on Sheratan at the Hollingsworth Agrifoods warehouse in Daggaknott city.
In 3070 Sheratan was garrisoned by Grim Determination. The Word of Blake hired several mercenary units to land on Sheratan and drive the Determination off the world. (The Word agents who hired the units claimed to be from the Federated Suns). The Determination surrendered when they were informed that the contract called for the destruction of their force. Many of the soldiers from Grim Determination later joined Cumberland's Missiliers.
Sheratan was used as a baseworld by the Fifth Division. In 3070 the world was raided by the Thirteenth Stalking Horse and Wild Geese mercenary commands. They inflicted serious damage on the Fifth Division, which was on Sheratan to recover. After this raid and the removal of Grim Determination, the Fifth Division staged a military coup and took control of the world. Precentor Garin Latronis conscripted civilians into "volunteer engineering groups" to repair infrastructure and fortifications on the planet. By the end of 3070 the Precentor had created work camps all over the world and deposed the planetary government, establishing himself as a despotic ruler. Labor strikes were put down with lethal force, and a peaceful protest of 100,000 citizens turned into a massacre.
In 3073, the Opacus Venatori arrived on Sheratan. They removed Precentor Latronis from power (by killing him) and punished those Word of Blake militia members who had engaged in crimes against humanity. Their job done, they left the world in the hands of the native Sheratanians, who quickly re-established a junta and tried to get back to normal. They remained in power until the Coalition arrived in 3079. In July 3079 the Sheratan Protectorate Militia was defending Sheratan along stragglers of Fight Division. They engaged elements from the Com Guard Third Army. The Militia surrendered after a token fight. Devlin Stone promised that those people guilty of crimes against their fellows would be tried.
The Dark Age
On the 16th of December 3132 fighting broke out on Sheratan between forces from the Republic Armed Forces and forces from the local Clan Wolf enclave. The call to arms issued by Kal Radick in June had unnerved the leadership within the Republic, and led to a number of Clan Wolf enclaves within the Republic's borders receiving visits from Knights, checking to see if the Wolves were continuing to remain loyal. The fighting in December was between the Malenky Katyusha Clan Wolf enclave located outside Gellen's Heights, the planetary capital, and a force from IV Principes that had been dispatched under the overall command of a Knight-Errant. At this point, Radick was still trying to create the impression that the Steel Wolves were a new Clan, and the defeat on Sheratan at the hands of IV Princepes was a high-profile setback for him.
In mid-3134 Wiremu Telosa, the leader of the Chosen - an offshoot faction of the One Star Faith - attempted to merge his followers with the Clan Wolf enclave on Sheratan. The Chosen's beliefs were a mash of syncretic mysticism and articles borrowed from Clan culture - or at least, the Chosen's interpretation of Clan cluture - and the attempt was a disaster.
| Systems within 60 light-years (distance in light years)|
Closest systems first:
|Terra Firma||30.5||Arboris||32.3||Deneb Kaitos||32.3||Basalt||32.8|
|Gan Singh||58.9||New Florence||59.6||Pokhara||59.9|
- Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130), p. 87, "World Profile"
- Chaos March (sourcebook), p. 46, "Sheratan"
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 16, "Free Worlds League Founding "
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 18, "Draconis Combine Founding "
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 17, "Capellan Confederation Foundation - ] Map"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 25, "Capellan Confederation After Age of War - ] Map"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 159, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 2750, p. 37, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. vii, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 138, "Operation LIBERATION Wave 1 [July 2772 - December 2774]"
- First Succession War (Source Book), pp. 24-25, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 31, "Capellan Confederation after First Succession War - [2822 Map]"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2, pp. 122-123, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- First Succession War (Source Book), pp. 112-113, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 39, "Capellan Confederation after Second Succession War -  Map"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 60, "Federated Suns after Second Succession War -  Map"
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. vii, "Capellan Confederation Map - "
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 40, "Capellan Confederation after Third Succession War -  Map"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 70, "Federated Suns after Third Succession War -  Map"
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 2, p. 16-17, "Tikonov Free Republic"
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 2, p. 16, "Tikonov Commonality (Map)"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 72, "Federated Suns after Fourth Succession War -  Map"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 49, "Capellan Confederation after Fourth Succession War -  Map"
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 2, p. 94, "End Of The War"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 76, "Federated Suns after War of  -  Map"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 133, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 11, Inner Sphere -  Map
- Era Report: 3052, p. 23, Inner Sphere -  Map
- Era Report: 3062, p. 10, Inner Sphere -  Map
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 78, "Federated Suns after Operation Guerrero -  Map"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 60, "Capellan Confederation after Operation Guerrero -  Map"
- Era Report: 3062, p. 29, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 82, "Federated Suns after FedCom Civil War -  Map"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 68, "Capellan Confederation after FedCom Civil War -  Map"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 43, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 64, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Report: Clans, p. 29, "Terran Corridor/Clans Deployment Map - [August 3079]"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 63, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. vii , "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Era Report: 3145, p. 11, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 3145, p. 39, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. VI, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Chaos March (sourcebook), p. 46
- Chaos March (sourcebook), p. 26
- The Star League, p. 16, "Terra's Errant Flock"
- Chaos March (sourcebook), p. 26
- Total Chaos, p. 79
- Total Chaos, p. 95
- Total Chaos, p. 125
- Total Chaos, p. 234, "HERE COMES THE CAVALRY"
- Total Chaos, p. 126
- Era Digest: Dark Age, p. 10, "Dark Age Timeline"
- Era Digest: Dark Age, p. 6, "Important Military Actions of Late 3132"
- Era Digest: Dark Age, p. 18, "Steel Wolves"
- Era Digest: Dark Age, p. 22, "Other Groups"
- Mercenaries Supplemental , p. 66, "Mercenary Deployment Table"
- Total Chaos, pp. 95 "GRIM DEATH"
- Chaos March (sourcebook)
- Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130)
- Era Digest: Dark Age
- Era Report: 2750
- Era Report: 3052
- Era Report: 3062
- Era Report: 3145
- Field Manual: 3085
- Field Manual: 3145
- Field Manual: SLDF
- Field Report: Clans
- First Succession War
- Handbook: House Davion
- Handbook: House Kurita
- Handbook: House Liao
- Handbook: House Marik
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2
- Historical: Reunification War
- Historical: War of 3039
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation)
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Mercenaries Supplemental
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 2
- The Star League
- Total Chaos