|Star System Information|
|Star Type||F5 IV|
(relative to Terra)
| X:13.17 Y:-13.23[e]|
(Terra at (0,0))
|Distance From Terra:||18.81 LY|
|Number of Planets||4 (of 5)|
|Time to Jump Point||15 days|
|Atmospheric Pressure||Standard (Breathable)|
|Percent Surface Water||64%|
Level of Native Life
|Satellites|| 3 (Jarra |
(References to Bryant)
 Local Fauna
 Early History
Bryant was one of the worlds that remained a part of the Terran Alliance following the Outer Reaches Rebellion and the Demarcation Declaration of 2242, and became one of the worlds within the Alliance Core region of the Terran Hegemony.
During the first two centuries after its initial colonization, Bryant was a hostile world, with colonists confined to the planet's polar regions. That all changed in 2478, when the Terran Hegemony placed Storm Inhibitors in orbit of the planet. The massive storms that once swept across the planet's surface disappeared, and with the ability to now safely farm in warmer climates the people of Bryant turned their world into a major agricultural center. Tourism flourished and many exotic species, such as Jewel Bass and Crowley Lizard Cow, became delicacies.
 Amaris Civil War
When Stefan Amaris launched his coup on the 27th of December 2766 on Terra his forces also swung into action on all of the other worlds within the Terran Hegemony and a number of jointly-administered worlds. This included Bryant; when the Rim Worlds Republic forces arrived to conquer Bryant the primary defenders were the SLDF Engineering Corps personnel on the world. The Engineer Corps staff operated a network of orbital mirrors referred to as Storm Inhibitors, which during peacetime focused sunlight from Bryant's sun onto areas of the upper atmosphere to disperse incipient storm formations. With Bryant under attack, this Storm Inhibitor Array became a vital part of the planetary defense, with the SLDF forces targeting the energy from the various Inhibitors against DropShips and WarShips; the sensors on numerous vessels were overloaded and their systems overheated, resulting in numerous DropShips crashing and two WarShips taking damage. The SLDF also targeted the mirrors against Republican forces on the ground, preventing them from moving for several days. Unfortunately, this was not enough; the Republican forces quickly launched attacks against the Inhibitors using AeroSpace Fighters and assault ships, and the various Inhibitors were unable to reposition and refocus quickly enough to defend against all of the attackers. With the mirrors quickly falling prey to the Republican attacks the main means of defense for the planetary garrison vanished and the Republican forces were able to assume control of Bryant by the end of the first week of January 2767.
Unfortunately, during the Amaris Civil War, Republican forces used the Inhibitors for target practice. With the satellites gone, the planet's climate turned hostile once again, forcing the populace to flee to back to the poles. Their abandoned cities are now home only to adventurous ComStar researchers searching for any surviving lostech.
 The Jihad
During the Jihad the Word of Blake established a new Space Defense System around Bryant. This proved to be a nasty surprise for the attacking Coalition forces in March 3078. The Bastion and Capitol space stations made short work of the WarShip group commanded by Star Admiral Erik Devalis of Clan Nova Cat. The Nova Cats lost two WarShips as they braved the SDS network, the Vincent Mk 42-class corvette NCS Spirit Vision and the much larger Black Lion-class battlecruiser NCS Severen Leroux. The first layer of defenses within the Bryant system, Bastion and Capitol class space stations, claimed one of the attached assault DropShips almost as soon as the fleet arrived; Star Admiral Devalis ordered the Aegis-class NCS Chronicle to defend the transport DropShips transporting the ground forces, while the Severen Leroux and the Spirit Vision and half the AeroSpace Fighters attached to the attack group attempted to screen the forces burning towards the planet from the SDS system. The swarming drones that formed a part of the SDS network destroyed the Spirit Vision relatively early in the engagement, but the Severen Leroux managed to destroy all of the defensive space stations within the system before succumbing.
Once the Coalition forces landed, the ground fighting inflicted massive damage on the world. A broadcast from the Federated Suns war correspondent Peter Remonde in early April 3078 highlighted just how much damage had been done, both by the attacking forces and by the Blakist defense of Bryant. The Blakist defenders fought hard and then dispersed into a resistance organization. Even two months after declaring Bryant freed the fighting continued. In fact, within an hour of the declaration of freedom, a battalion of 'Mechs and a regiment of infantry troops were killed. Estimates indicated that repairing the damage to the world would likely take decades.
On the 16th of September 3081 elements of the retreating 49th Shadow Division were engaged by forces from the Republic of the Sphere - forces which included a Blake's Wrath special forces team - in the City of the Sacredot on Bryant. The Republican forces were acting on intelligence indicating that the notorious Blakist Precentor Berith was with the forces from the 49th, intelligence which proved to be false, although an informant with useful information was able to escape from the Blakist forces during the combat. Intelligence subsequently indicated that Bryant may have been the site of part of an organised escape route for retreating Blakist forces.
 Garrisoning Military Force
 3050 to 3062
 Manufacturing Center
 Owner History
- 2271 - Terran Alliance 
- 2341 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2366 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2571 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2596 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2750 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2765 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2767 - Amaris Empire 
- 3025 - Capellan Confederation
- 3030 - Tikonov Free Republic
- 3040 - Federated Commonwealth
- 3052 - Federated Commonwealth
- 3057 - Independent World
- 3062 - Independent World
- 3067 - Word of Blake Protectorate 
- 3130 - Republic of the Sphere 
 Nearby Systems
| Systems within 60 light-years (distance in light years)|
Closest systems first:
|New Home||6.46||Caph||12.92||Keid||13.18||Epsilon Eridani||13.19||New Stevens||16.31|
|Epsilon Indi||18.36||Procyon||20.38||Sirius||21.11||Brownsville||23.35||Carver V||26.11|
|Outreach||37.74||Graham IV||39.55||New Earth||41.87||Ingress||41.88||Lockdale||42.90|
|Hechnar||42.93||Fletcher||43.94||Killbourn||44.63||Small World||44.72||Alula Australis||46.02|
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Handbook: House Marik, p. 16, "Free Worlds League Founding ["
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Historical: Reunification War, p. 159, "Inner Sphere - 2596"
- ↑ The Star League, p. 170
- ↑ Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 80, "Cometh Hell's Legions"
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 84-85, "Atrocities And Excesses"
- ↑ The Star League, p. 170
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 72, "Dire Straits"
- ↑ Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 58, "The Jihad in Review"
- ↑ Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 72, "Reclamation Ideals"
- ↑ Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 73
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 77-78, "Chaos Undaunted: Storm Shadow"
- ↑ Field Manual: ComStar, p. 126, "ComGuard Deployment Table"
- ↑ 20 Year Updage, p. 70, "Com Guards Deployment Tabel"
- ↑ ComStar (sourcebook), p. 85, "Com Guards Deployment Table"
- ↑ 15.0 15.1 15.2 Mercenaries Supplemental, p. 69, "Mercenary Employment Table"
- ↑ Field Manual: Updates, p. 99, "Word of Blake Militia Deployment Table"
- ↑ Technical Readout: 3039, p. 84, "Von Luckner Profile"
- ↑ Technical Readout: 3039, p. 150, "Grasshopper Profile"
- ↑ Handbook: House Steiner, p. 13, "Lyran Commonwealth Founding "
- ↑ Handbook: House Liao, p. 17, "Capellan Confederation Foundation "
- ↑ Handbook: Major Periphery States, p. 18, "Rim Worlds Republic after Age of War "
- ↑ Handbook: House Steiner, p. 25, "Lyran Commonwealth after Age of War "
- ↑ Era Report: 2750, p. 37, "Inner Sphere - 2750"
- ↑ Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11, "Inner Sphere - 2765"
- ↑ Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- 20 Year Update
- ComStar (sourcebook)
- Era Report: 2750
- Field Manual: ComStar
- Field Manual: Updates
- Handbook: House Liao
- Handbook: House Marik
- Handbook: House Steiner
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: Reunification War
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Mercenaries Supplemental
- Technical Readout: 3039
- The Star League