(References to Talitha)
Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
X: -34.11 Y: -34.93[e]
- 1 Planetary Description
- 2 Planetary Locations
- 3 Planetary History
- 4 Planetary Garrison
- 5 Manufacturing Centers
- 6 Owner History
- 7 Nearby Planets
- 8 References
- 9 Bibliography
There are four stars in the system.
Additional names for the Talitha system are Iota, Ursae, Majoris, and Dnoces.
Primary star: A7IV (1.7*solar mass, 9*terran luminosity) Closest M1V companion orbits at 5-6 AU every 4028 days. More distant M1V companions at 132 AU every 39.7 years. Distant companions also orbit each other at about 10 AU, interchanging places.
Established in 2621 on Talitha, Monetary Gain was one of the Star League's commerce cities, intended to help bond together the economies of the Star League's six member states. One of the three such commerce cities and mints to print Star League Dollars for the Free Worlds League, like all such cities, Monetary Gain was also located close by a major SLDF base to ensure its protection. Monetary Gain did not survive the Amaris Coup. 
College of Talitha
One of the Golden Ten Universities of the Terran Hegemony, the College of Talitha specialised in design studies of a wide range of civilian and military products, maintaining close ties with the Hegemony Research and Development Centers. This saw the College quickly ransacked and stripped during the Amaris Coup, with nothing left behind, the virtually empty college was abandoned. 
Amaris Civil War
During the Star League era Talitha became the site of the Army Headquarters for the Star League Defense Force's 8th Army. It also was the administrative headquarters of the first region of the Free Worlds League and a series of training bases, many of them major. It was also the site of one of the Star League mints and a major security exchange. With the eruption of the Periphery Uprising in 2766, the 8th Army found itself responsible for the entire Free Worlds League, and even though the 8th Army received some reinforcements drawn from the 1st Army this greater astrogeographical area of responsibility naturally led to the 8th Army being stretched thin.
When Stefan Amaris launched his coup on the 27th of December 2766 on Terra, his forces also swung into action on all other worlds within the Terran Hegemony and a number of jointly-administered worlds, which included Talitha. Despite the 8th Army being deployed across the Free Worlds League, there were still a large number of personnel from the 8th Army on Talitha, as well as a substantial number of SLDF personnel within the support and training organizations. These people, primarily administrative, support and logistics personnel, posed a risk to the Rim Worlds Republic forces, which had already managed to occupy at least one Castle Brian on Talitha prior to the Coup's beginning.
The Republican forces hadn't been able to establish a foothold within any of the training facilities or the Military Region administrative headquarters, and as a result when they launched their campaign to take control of Talitha, they bombarded the Castle Brian with multiple nuclear weapons while also hitting various training bases with a combination of nuclear and biological attacks. While these attacks were largely effective, the Republicans didn't manage to hit every training base, nor were they able to track down and hit every location where SLDF equipment was stored; they also failed to capture or destroy all of the war materiel stored across Talitha awaiting shipping to the Periphery front. Talitha subsequently became a hotbed for resistance against the Republican forces and Stefan Amaris, as the SLDF personnel who survived the initial attacks made use of the remaining equipment to form and lead resistance groups across the planet.
Prior to the SLDF invasion of the Hegemony, Amaris-held Talitha would be the site of an ill-fated reconnaissance raid by the Eridani Light Horse's 19th Striker Regiment as part of Operation INTRUDER in May of 2771. Thanks to an Amaris agent secretly operating within the Light Horse, the 19th Striker dropped onto the city of Amity and right into the teeth of three Republican regiments. Within two hours the 19th Striker were killed to the last man. 
Succession Wars Era
During the Third Succession War, the planetary government of Talitha was one of the many League worlds to oppose contributing troops to Captain-General Thaddeus Marik's Operation Killing Stroke in 2950. Unfortunately before it was able to invoke the Home Defense Act, the imperious and rash Captain-General sent in Marik Militia units under the pretext of quelling domestic insurgency to remove and replace the planet's local government with a military dictatorship willing to back Killing Stroke. Talitha would remain a military dictatorship until at least the conclusion of the Third Succession War. 
During the Fourth Succession War, Talitha would be captured by the Fourth Republican Regiment of Pavel Ridzik's newly formed Tikonov Free Republic. Accompanied by two armor regiments and two infantry regiments, the Fourth Republican easily outnumbered and outmatched Talitha's defending planetary militia.  After Ridzik's death, Talitha would become part of the Federated Commonwealth's newly formed Sarna March.
After the absorption of the Tikonov Free Republic into the Lyran Commonwealth in 3031. With that act, Talitha ultimately becomes part the newly formed Federated Commonwealth, in their Sarna March, Terra Firma Operational Area.
Talitha was invaded in the Free Worlds League's first wave of Operation Guerrero by the 6th Marik Militia, Atrean Hussars, and the Iron Guard. The defending 1st Republican BattleMech regiment lost control of the planet.
On the 8th of December 3069, Talitha was raided by the 13th Stalking Horse, one of the few surviving members of the Allied Mercenary Command. The AMC force attempted to attack the planet's Word of Blake controled Hyper Pulse Generator station. However, it is repulsed by Talitha's defenders.
By 3072, the Word of Blake would bring Talitha into administration of Word of Blake Protectorate. The planet's noted small BattleMech manufacture Gilmour MilTech would be become favored provider of supplier of Blakist's military needs.
Talitha was liberated by forces from the Free Worlds League front in a brief campaign in May 3077. Backed up by the Clan Nova Cat Aegis-class WarShip CNC Blade, Group IV of the Free Worlds League task force rolled over the defenders; with Beta Galaxy of Clan Wolf in Exile working closely with the 3rd Lyran Guards and the Marlette Crucis March Militia on the ground, Group IV quickly achieved dominance in the air before crushing the Blakist ground forces.
In October 3077 the Free Worlds League task force responsible for the initial assault on Chara retreated after the disastrous battle there, falling back to Talitha to rebuild and await additional support.
3050 to 3054
3059 to 3067
- Gilmour MilTech - Founded in 3023, was originally an military maintenance contracting company, located Charity Heights. During the thirty-first century evolved into a minor BattleMech manufacture.
- 2366 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2571 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2596 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2750 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2765 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2767 - Amaris Empire 
- 2771 - Amaris Empire 
- 2772 - Terran Hegemony (from September)
- 2784 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2785 - Free Worlds League 
- 3025 - Free Worlds League 
- 3030 - Tikonov Free Republic 
- 3040 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3050 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3052 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3057 - Free Worlds League 
- 3063 - Free Worlds League 
- 3067 - Free Worlds League 
- 3072 - Word of Blake Protectorate
- 3077 - Word of Blake Protectorate (until May)
- 3081 - Republic of the Sphere
- 3130 - Republic of the Sphere 
- 3135 - Independant World
- 3139 - Free Worlds League
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3070, pp. 78-79 Living Dead Men - city of Tagus Metropolis named as location of Allied Mercenary Coalition's attack on HPG station in town.
- The Star League, p. 160 "Socioeconomics - Star League Economy - Currency - Exchanges and Mints"
- The Star League, p. 167 "Society - Education - Golden Ten Universities"
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 105, "Eight Army"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 43, "8th Army"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 84-85, "Atrocities And Excesses"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 80, "Cometh Hell's Legions"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra, p. 117, "Return to the Hegemony - Standing at the Crossroads - Never Give Up"
- The Star League, p. 179 "Atlas of the Terran Hegemony - Other Hegemony Worlds"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2, p. 118 "Aftermath - Digesting the Hegemony"
- House Marik (The Free Worlds League), p. 42 "History - The Third Succession War - Operation Killing Stroke"
- House Marik (The Free Worlds League), p. 42 "Sociopolitical Structure - Provincial Governments - Military Dictatorship"
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 2, p. 80 "Free Worlds League Front - Republican Offensive"
- FedCom Civil War (sourcebook), p.12 Civil War Timeline - 3031 - Tikonov Free Republic is absorbed by the FedCom's Lyran state.
- Era Report: 3052, pp. 10-11 Inner Sphere Map 3050 - Talitha is now part of the Federated Commonwealth in the Sarna March, Terra Firma Operational Area as of 3050.
- Shattered Sphere, p. 74 (Note: Third FWLM regiment and FedCom defending unit not named in source.)
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 48, "The Jihad In Review"
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3070, pp. 78-79 Living Dead Men - AMC Mercenary forces raid planet. Scenario shows its goal was to attack the Word of Blake HPG. Also 3rd Dismal Disinherited and the Burtonβs Brigade were originally noted as the attackers.
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3072 p.21 Jihad Timeline December 8th - 13th Stalking Horse officially noted as attackers of the Blakist controled HPG.
- Starterbook: Wolf and Blake, p. 13 - Inner Sphere Map 3072, shows Talitha (misspelled in map) as part of the Protectorate.
- Jihad Secrets: Blake Documents, pp. 65, 47 Inner Sphere Map 3075, Sharing the Love - Map of IS in 3075 shows the planet within the Protectorate's borders. Talitha acceptence into the WoB Protectorate is noted in a canon/fluff Journal of Mercenary Affairs.
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 103 Word of Blake Protectorate - Protectorate Militia Deployment notes the 2 Divisions of Militia are formed on Talitha.
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 45-46, "Talitha, Berenson Capitulate"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 48-49, "Chara Operational Report"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 138 "Deployment Table - Lyran Commonwealth Armed Forces - Tikonov Republican Guard"
- 20 Year Update, p. 24, "Federated Commonwealth Deployment Table"
- Objective Raids, p. 18, "FedCom Deployment Table"
- 20 Year Update, p. 71, "Com Guards Deployment Table"
- ComStar (sourcebook), p. 85, "Com Guards Deployment Table"
- Field Manual: Free Worlds League, p. 110, "Free Worlds League Deployment Table"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 159, "Free Worlds League Deployment Table"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 106 - Protectorate Militia Division deployment table shows Talitha having two divisions of Protectorate Militia forces on planet.
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, pp. 45-46 Talitha, Berenson Capitluate - Talitha is taken by Free World League Group IV and rolled over its defending Militia.
- Field Manual: 3085,pp. 184-185 Republic Standing Guard - Talitha, being part of the ROTS, has a designated Republic Standing Guard force. Not individual information available.
- Handbook: House Marik p. 130 Economics - Gilmour MilTech brief background.
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 17, "Capellan Confederation Foundation ]"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 25, "Capellan Confederation After Age of War ]"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 159, "Inner Sphere - 2596"
- Era Report: 2750, p. 37, "Inner Sphere - 2750"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11, "Inner Sphere - 2765"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 104, "Rim Worlds Republic -  Map"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 138, "Operation LIBERATION Wave 1 [July 2772 - December 2774]"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2, p. 118, "Digesting The Hegemony"
- House Marik (The Free Worlds League), p. 169, "Free Worlds League - Map"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 133, "Inner Sphere - 3040"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 11, "Inner Sphere - 3050"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 23, "Inner Sphere - 3052"
- Era Report: 3062, p. 11, "Inner Sphere Map "
- Era Report: 3062, p. 29, "Inner Sphere Map "
- Starterbook: Wolf and Blake, p. 13 - 3072 Map of the Inner Sphere shows the planet as part of the Word of Blake Protectorate.
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 105 Map of the Republic of the Sphere (3081) - Talitha included in the map of the Republic of the Sphere as of 3081.
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Era Report: 3145, pp. 10-11 - Map of the Inner Sphere 3135 shows Talitha outside controlled space of either Republic Terrorities and various small factions within the exFWL space.
- Era Report: 3145, Inner Sphere Map 3145/Lyran Commonwealth Loses pp. 38-39 & 57 - Talitha shown as part of the new Free World League, within the Augustine Alliance providence as early as 3139.
- 20 Year Update
- ComStar (sourcebook)
- Era Report: 2750
- Era Report: 3052
- Era Report: 3062
- Field Manual: Free Worlds League
- Field Manual: SLDF
- Field Manual: Updates
- Handbook: House Liao
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: Reunification War
- House Marik (The Free Worlds League)
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 2
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Objective Raids
- The Star League
- Shattered Sphere