(References to Talitha)
Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
X: -34.11 Y: -34.93[e]
 Amaris Civil War
During the Star League era Talitha became the site of the Army Headquarters for the SLDF 8th Army the administrative headquarters of the first region of the Free Worlds League and a series of training bases, many of them major. It was also the site of one of the Star League mints and a major securities exchange. With the eruption of the Periphery Uprising in 2766 the 8th Army found itself responsible for the entire Free Worlds League, and even though the 8th Army received some reinforcements drawn from the 1st Army this greater astrogeographical area of responsibility naturally led to the 8th Army being stretched thin.
When Stefan Amaris launched his coup on the 27th of December 2766 on Terra his forces also swung into action on all of the other worlds within the Terran Hegemony and a number of jointly-administered worlds. This included Talitha; despite the 8th Army being deployed across the Free Worlds League there were still a large number of personnel from the 8th Army on Talitha, as well as a substantial number of SLDF personnel within the support and training organizations. These people, primarily administrative, support and logistics personnel, posed a risk to the Rim Worlds Republic forces, which had already managed to occupy at least one Castle Brian on Talitha prior to the Coup beginning.
The Republican forces hadn't been able to establish a foothold within any of the training facilities or the Military Region administrative headquarters, and as a result when they launched their campaign to take control of Talitha they bombarded the Castle Brian housing the Military Region HQ with multiple nuclear weapons while also hitting the various training bases with a combination of nuclear and biological attacks. While these attacks were largely effective, the Republicans didn't manage to hit every training base, nor were they able to track down and hit every location where SLDF equipment was stored; they also failed to capture or destroy all of the war materiel stored across Talitha awaiting shipping to the Periphery front. Talitha subsequently became a hotbed for resistance against the Republican forces and Stefan Amaris as the SLDF personnel who survived the initial attacks made use of the remaining equipment to form and lead resistance groups across the planet.
 The Jihad
Talitha was liberated by forces from the Free Worlds League front in a brief campaign in May 3077. Backed up by the Clan Nova Cat Aegis-class WarShip CNC Blade, Group IV of the Free Worlds League task force rolled over the defenders; with Beta Galaxy of Clan Wolf in Exile working closely with the 3rd Lyran Guards and the Marlette Crucis March Militia on the ground, Group IV quickly achieved dominance in the air before crushing the Blakist ground forces.
In October 3077 the Free Worlds League task force responsible for the initial assault on Chara retreated after the disastrous battle there, falling back to Talitha to rebuild and await additional support.
There are four stars in the system.
Additional names for the Talitha system: Iota Ursae Majoris, Dnoces
Primary star: A7IV (1.7*solar mass, 9*terran luminosity) Closest M1V companion orbits at 5-6 AU every 4028 days. More distant M1V companions at 132 AU every 39.7 years. Distant companions also orbit each other at about 10 AU, interchanging places.
One of the "Golden Ten" universities of the Star League, the College of Talitha, specialized in design studies. Its students learned how to design everything from personal hygiene devices to JumpShips. There were close ties between this college and Hegemony Research and Development Centers. The Amaris forces were quick to search through its records and secret projects. They left little behind, and today the college stands abandoned.
Talitha possessed one of the Star League's commerce cities, Monetary Gain. Established in 2621, to help bond together the economies of the Star League's six member states. One of Talitha's primary targets, Monetary Gain did not survive the Amaris Coup.
 Garrisoning Military Force
 3050 to 3054
 3059 to 3067
 Manufacturing Centers
 Owner History
- 2596 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2750 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2765 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2767 - Amaris Empire 
- 3025 - Free Worlds League
- 3030 - Tikonov Free Republic
- 3040 - Federated Commonwealth
- 3052 - Federated Commonwealth
- 3057 - Free Worlds League
- 3062 - Free Worlds League
- 3067 - Free Worlds League 
- 3071 - Word of Blake Protectorate
- 3077 - Word of Blake Protectorate (until May)
- 3130 - Republic of the Sphere 
 Nearby Planets
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 43, "8th Army"
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 84-85, "Atrocities And Excesses"
- ↑ Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 80, "Cometh Hell's Legions"
- ↑ Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 48, "The Jihad In Review"
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 45-46, "Talitha, Berenson Capitulate"
- ↑ Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 48-49, "Chara Operational Report"
- ↑ 20 Year Update, p. 71, "Com Guards Deployment Tabel"
- ↑ 20 Year Update, p. 24, "Federated Commonwealth Deployment Table"
- ↑ Objective Raids, p. 18, "FedCom Deployment Table"
- ↑ ComStar (sourcebook), p. 85, "Com Guards Deployment Table"
- ↑ Field Manual: Free Worlds League, p. 110, "Free Worlds League Deployment Table"
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 Field Manual: Updates, p. 159, "Free Worlds League Deployment Table"
- ↑ Historical: Reunification War, p. 159, "Inner Sphere - 2596"
- ↑ Era Report: 2750, p. 37, "Inner Sphere - 2750"
- ↑ Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11, "Inner Sphere - 2765"
- ↑ Map of the Inner Sphere 3130