- BattleTech Releases Teaser Video For New Expansion: Flashpoint
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games, "MechWarrior 3050"
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Posts Treasure Trove Of Original ‘Mech Design Docs
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games, "The Crescent Hawks' Inception"
- What's up with Catalyst? at GenCon 2018
- Read more →
|Mech type||Inner Sphere IndustrialMech|
|Armor||Durallex Commercial Light (Industrial Armor 42)|
|Engine||120 (Internal Combustion Engine)|
|Communications System||Doering Hi-Def Mk II|
|Targeting Tracking System||None|
The Crosscut is a popular type of LoggerMech, praised for operating efficiency in woodlands and dominating commercial forestry. Like other IndustrialMechs, the Crosscut requires considerable skill to pilot and some MechWarrior academies employ them as training 'Mechs to teach their cadets.
Weapons and Equipment
The Crosscut is equipped with a large chainsaw in place of a right hand actuator and a Cargo Hoist to allow it carry additional cargo with the left claw.
The 'Mech's Turbine Internal Combustion Engine allows it to achieve a top speed of 64.4 kilometers per hour.
Note: Some planetary militias have added weapons to the Crosscut to rig them for combat. These custom variants have not been stated as of this writing canonically.
- ED-X1 Crosscut
- During the Star League era, some Crosscuts were equipped with Fusion Engines. These first generation machine, features a rear Lift Hoist in the rear torso, it has the traditional Chainsaw in the right arm actuator in place of the hand, and has a 1.5 cargo space in the center torso. However, scavengers have been stripping valuable fusion engines from these 'Mechs for centuries, making Crosscuts equipped in this fashion very rare.
- Dual-Chainsaw Crosscut
- This variant is a custom order design, which is typically used for demolition.
- ED-X2M Crosscut MOD and ED-X2 Crosscut (Flamer)
- Both introduced during the Succession Wars Era (ED-X2M in 2801 and ED-X2 (Flamer) in 2810) were militarized versions of the X2. Both versions were armed during the Inner Sphere's First Succession War and the Pentagon War in Clan space. Despite being developed in isolation from one another, they are completely identical aside from their names with one exception. Each variant adds a Vehicle Flamer and a ton of reloads to the left arm. It retains the Chainsaw and center-torso Cargo Bays. A single heat sink allows it to fire the flamer without heat buildup. The Inner Sphere produced ED-X2M features a Advanced Fire Control which makes more accrute to use against targets. [ED-X2 (Flamer)]BV (2.0) = 247 [ED-X2M]BV (2.0)=148
- ED-X3 ForestryMech
- Used during the Succession Wars, this was a barebones version of the ED-X2. It's had few noted features, which included retention of its Chainsaw and an up-rated ICE Engine that matches original ED-X1's in speed. While it's commercial armor is kept to a bare minimum, the design's upgraded ICE engine allow it to travel upwards to 86kph, which allows an operator to flee from danger. BV(2.0)=202
- ED-X4 Crosscut LoggerMech
- Introduced in 2786, this was updated version of the ICE-Engine powered ED-X3. Intended for civilian use, this Logger Mech reintroduces the Lift Hoist back into the rear torso and regains cargo hold for upwards of two tons. The design has slight more armor than the X3 but it engine is downgrade to maximum run of 54 kph. The deBV(2.0)=223
- ED-X4B Crosscut DemolitionMech
- Introduced in 2910, this alternated version of the ICE-Engine powered ED-X4 LoggerMech. Intended for construction, this version of the Mech is intended to for demolition of structures. To undertake this task, the builder replaced the Crosscut's signature with a Wrecking Ball. The Lift Hoist is retained into the rear torso and the cargo hold for upwards of three tons. BV(2.0)=224
- ED-X4D Crosscut DemolitionMech
- This was an alternated version of the ICE-Engine powered ED-X4B DemolitionMech. Like the B variant of the Mech which was also introduced in 2910, it too is intended to for demolition of structures and other dismantling tasks. It main feature is it's Dual Saws, which are mounted in the right arm actuator. While the Lift Hoist is retained into the rear torso and the cargo hold is removed from the design. BV(2.0)=225
- ED-X4M Crosscut LoggerMech MOD
- military version of the X4 model Crosscut, this was a militarized version which was introduced during the Jihad. Fitted out identically to the ED-X2 (RL) version, this Mech is armed with Inner Sphere eight produced Rocket Launchers, split between the Mech's two arms with 3 Heat Sinks to cope with weapons heat. The arms only retain it upper arm actuators and shoulders in order to allow a MechWarrior to flip these arms over. Unlike the older ED-X2 (RL), this design has a Advanced Fire Control mounted in the head. BV(2.0)=430
- ED-X5M Crosscut LoggerMech MOD
- Introduced during the Jihad, this variant was also used by the Marian Hegemony. Based on the ED-X4, it replaces the Internal Combustion Engine engine with a Fuel Cell. It's armor protection is comparable to the ED-X4M MOD. It retained the saws of the standard Crosscut to confuse observers. It's left arm hand actuator is replaced with a Light Class-2 Autocannon and its one ton of ammunition. Industrial Cockpit is modified with a Advanced Fire Control, to allow it to have military level of accuracy with the weapon. BV(2.0)=317
- ED-X5M-B Crosscut DemolitionMech MOD
- Second version of Marian Hegemony version of the armed Crosscut. Introduced during the Jihad like it earlier version. This version features a Fusion engine and it's 10 Heat Sinks. Whilt it retains the same armor protection as to the ED-X5M MOD, it weaponry is comparable to modern BattleMechs. It features the Dual Saws of the ED-X4X Crosscut, while it's left arm hand actuator is replaced with a Snub Nose PPC. Six of the Mech's heat sinks are spread out, one each in the torsos, feet and remaining two in center torso. Like the X5M, it's Industrial Cockpit is also modified with a Advanced Fire Control. BV(2.0)=460
- ED-XX Crosscut "Icabod"
- The Crosscut Icabod is a unique and experimental tech version used by Jake Hollins on Astrokaszy. Hollins has equipped the Icabod with a head mounted ER Medium Laser and ER Small Laser. This was done by using a Torso-Mounted Cockpit to free room in the head. The Internal Combustion Engine engine has been replaced with a fusion model that reduces the top speed to 54 km/h, but when the BattleMech Taser in the left arm hits his opponent, the lack of speed isn't an issue. The standard Chainsaw remains on the right arm and inflicts heavy damage in close combat. BV (2.0) = 417
Although referred to as a LoggerMech or ForestryMech, the Crosscut is related to, but not identical to the generic ForestryMech. Rather, it is one particular of many model variants of the generic design.
The Crosscut was constructed with Total Warfare construction rules, while the ForestryMech used the previous Maximum Tech rules. A most notable difference between the two is that the ForestryMech only masses 25 tons, uses standard BattleMech armor, and has a top speed of 50 kph.
- The Cargo Hoist was initially wrongly reported to be mounted in the Center Torso (rear) section, but this is impossible given that a Cargo Hoist requires three critical slots whereas only two are available in the Center Torso. The Cargo Hoist has since been errata'ed to be positioned in the left arm instead by Herbert A. Beas II, the line developer (as HABEAS).
- Record Sheets: Operation Klondike has the Lift Hoist mounted on the right torso, rather than the left arm.
Please Note: Not all Variants found in the variant listing have been entered into Master Unit List as of this date. These include; ED-X1, ED-X2, ED-X2M, ED-X3, ED-X4B, ED-X5M, and X5M-B. Some information has not been included into the MUL despite having profile, these include the ED-X4 and ED-X4D.
- MUL Profile for ED-X2 Crosscut IndustrialMech - Introduction Year
- Record Sheets: Operation Klondike, p. 67
- MUL Profile for ED-X2 Crosscut IndustrialMech - BV2
- Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex Revised, p. 212
- Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex Revised, p. 229
- Record Sheets: Operation Klondike, p. 69
- Record Sheets: Operation Klondike, p. 68
- Record Sheets: Vehicle Annex, IndustrialMechs & Exoskeletons, p. 55 - Information on the ED-X2M Model Crosscut. Has same stats as Clan Crosscut with one point difference.
- Record Sheets: Vehicle Annex, IndustrialMechs & Exoskeletons, p. 55 - Information on the ED-X3 Model ForestryMech.
- MUL Profile for the ED-X4 CrossCut - Includes Introduction Year only
- Record Sheets: Vehicle Annex, IndustrialMechs & Exoskeletons, p. 66 - Information on the base model ED-X4 Model ForestryMech.
- Record Sheets: Vehicle Annex, IndustrialMechs & Exoskeletons, p. 67 - Information on the base model ED-X4B Model ForestryMech.
- MUL Profile for the ED-X4D Crosscut DemolitionMech - Includes Introduction Year only
- Record Sheets: Vehicle Annex, IndustrialMechs & Exoskeletons, p. 68 - Information on the base model ED-X4D Model ForestryMech.
- Record Sheets: Vehicle Annex, IndustrialMechs & Exoskeletons, p. 69 - Information on the base model ED-X4M Crosscut MOD - BV2 included.
- MUL Profile for the ED-X4X Crosscut LoggerMech - Includes Introduction Year only
- Record Sheets: Vehicle Annex, IndustrialMechs & Exoskeletons, p. 70 - Information on the base model ED-X4X Model LoggerMech.
- Record Sheets: Vehicle Annex, IndustrialMechs & Exoskeletons, p. 71 - Information on the base model ED-X5M Crosscut MOD.
- Record Sheets: Vehicle Annex, IndustrialMechs & Exoskeletons, p. 71 - Information on the base model ED-X5M-B Crosscut MOD.
- Experimental Technical Readout: Gladiators, p. 8
- CBT Forum Posting: Crosscut question
- CBT Forum posting: Crosscut LoggerMech
- Record Sheets: Operation Klondike, p. 67