Experimental Technical Readout: Gladiators
|Experimental Technical Readout: Gladiators|
|Development|| Herbert A. Beas II |
Randall N. Bills, Jason Schmetzer (Development Assistance)
|Primary writing|| Joel Bancrof-Connors |
Herbert A. Beas II (Writing Assistance)
|Cover artwork||Matt Heerdt (Design & Layout)|
|Interior artwork|| David L. McCulloch (Record Sheets) |
Shane Hartley, Steve Walker and Matt Herdt (BattleTech Logo Design)
|Illustrations|| Doug Chaffee |
|Publisher||Catalyst Game Labs|
|Product code||CAT 35642|
|First published||April 6th, 2010|
|Agency||Solaris Games Enthusiast|
|Universe Date||3 December 3077|
|Series||Experimental Technical Readout|
|Preceded by||Experimental Technical Readout: Pirates|
|Followed by||Experimental Technical Readout: Corporations|
The third in CGL's PDF exclusive mini-Technical Readout or TROlet series, Experimental Tech Readout: Gladiators (shorted as XTRO:Gladiators) provides full fluff, stats and Record Sheets of one-off arena fighter refits and variants of five BattleMechs, an IndustrialMech, three Combat Vehicles, an Exoskeleton and three Battle Armor designs from previously released Technical Readouts utilizing Experimental Technology.
 From the back cover
|“|| Solaris VII, Noisiel, Westerhand, Astrokaszy—these are just a few of the so-called Game Worlds of the Inner Sphere. As the Word of Blake’s shadow of terror recedes from the worlds where warriors did battle for the little more than entertainment and profit, the arenas have once more come to life with the cheers of spectators and the clash of high-tech gladiators. Yet even as these modern champions wage wars in the controlled chaos of the dueling circuit, new technologies continue to advance. Eager stables and warriors employ the latest in prototype designs, seeking any edge they can find against their competitors.
Experimental Tech Readout: Gladiators samples the custom designs that have appeared in the arenas of the BattleTech universe during the Jihad. Each design featured in this book incorporates some of the latest technologies developed by the realms of the Inner Sphere as the war against the Word of Blake continues. These technologies—first described in Tactical Operations—now face their live-fire trials in the arenas of the various Game Worlds. Statistics and Record Sheets are included for 13 new experimental BattleMechs, vehicles, and battle armor units, ready for play in advanced BattleTech games.
- VAL-NT-JX Valiant "Hot Knife"
- TR2-X Wraith "Alexander"
- SP2-X Spatha "Warlord"
- JG-R9TX1 Juggernaut "Leapin' Lil"
- WHM-X7 Warhammer "The Lich"
- ED-XX Crosscut "Icabod"
- Bandit "Warthog"
- Minion "Silver Bullet"
- Manticore "The Ballista"
- Gladiator Exoskeleton "The Spider"
- Gray Death Scout "The Willow Wisps"
- Inner Sphere Standard "Hive"
- Kanazuchi "Cyclops"
 Related TROs
- Experimental Technical Readout: Mercs
- Experimental Technical Readout: Pirates
- Experimental Technical Readout: Corporations
- Experimental Technical Readout: ComStar
- Experimental Technical Readout: Boondocks
- Experimental Technical Readout: Boondoggles
- Experimental Technical Readout: Davion
- Experimental Technical Readout: Primitives, Volume 1
- Experimental Technical Readout: Primitives, Volume 2
- Experimental Technical Readout: Primitives, Volume 3
- Experimental Technical Readout: Kurita
- Experimental Technical Readout: Liao
- Experimental Technical Readout: Marik
- Experimental Technical Readout: RetroTech
- Experimental Technical Readout: Clans
- Experimental Technical Readout: Steiner
- Experimental Technical Readout: Periphery
- Experimental Technical Readout: Phantoms
- Experimental Technical Readout: Succession Wars, Volume 1
- The third in the XTRO series is somewhat of a return, with the Solaris 'Mechs from Technical Readout: 3055 Upgrade the first official produce to include designs utilizing Experimental equipment.
- Errata for the original TRO release included the Warhammer "The Lich"