(References to Mizar)
Mizar neighbouring systems
|Spectral class||A2V, A5V & A7V|
Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
| Jump point
|Atmospheric pressure||Standard (Breathable)|
|Highest native life||Mammals|
|Ruler|| Wolfgang Mallos (Governor)|
Felecia Carmaine (Planetary Legate)
 Owner History
- 2596 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2750 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2765 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 3025 - Lyran Commonwealth
- 3030 - Lyran Commonwealth
- 3040 - Federated Commonwealth
- 3052 - Federated Commonwealth
- 3057 - Lyran Alliance
- 3062 - Lyran Alliance
- 3068 - Free Worlds League (from October)
- 3069 - Lyran Alliance 
- 3077 - Word of Blake Protectorate (until March)
- 3130 - Republic of the Sphere 
 Manufacturing Centers
 Planetary Info
Mizar is unique in the Inner Sphere as it is the central world of a double binary star system. This means that four small Type A stars perpetually illuminate the world. Counteracting the heat generated by these four stars is a large amount of water, which in turn led to several plant lifeforms appearing on the world.
For most of its history, Mizar has been a tourist world. New Venice Beach, a kilometers long stretch of white sand across Mizar's Paradisa continent, provides one of the most famous vistas in the Inner Sphere. Another unique terrain feature on Mizar are the "Plastic Crystal" mountains located in the Utopian Isles. With these two massive tourist attractions and the balmy weather, the Mizarians have become known for their hospitality.
Prior to the Amaris Civil War Mizar was jointly administered by the Lyran Commonwealth and Terran Hegemony. After the fighting started, Rim Worlds Republic troops didn't attack the world because the LCAF had a presence there. Antagonizing another Successor State while fighting off the SLDF was a strategic mistake that Amaris' supporters didn't make. In the centuries since the fall of the Star League Mizar has continued to welcome tourists from across the Inner Sphere.
Following the invasion of the Free Worlds League by the Skye and Bolan Provinces of the Lyran Alliance in what was termed Operation ÜBERSCHATTEN, Marshall Jeremy Brett took command of the local FWLM and launched a counteroffensive, under the name Operation BROKEN FIST. BROKEN FIST went beyond simply attempting to recapture worlds that the Lyrans had seized, striking into Lyran space across numerous worlds. Mizar was one of the worlds hit and was attacked by the League forces on the 20th of September 3068. The League would keep control of Mizar until the 7th of January 3069, when Lyran Alliance forces recaptured the planet.
The Word of Blake co-opted Mizar into the Word of Blake Protectorate, and kept control over the planet until allied coalition forces on the Lyran front of Operation SCOUR began landing in March 3077. The campaign to free Mizar was long and damaging for the combined LAAF, DCMS and Clan Wolf-in-Exile forces despite being able to draw on battlefield salvage from earlier battles on Yorii.
 Nearby Planets
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 1.15 1.16 1.17 1.18 Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130), p. 189, "Mizar World Profile"
- ↑ Historical: Reunification War, p. 159, "Inner Sphere Map "
- ↑ Era Report: 2750, p. 37, "Inner Sphere - 2750"
- ↑ Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11, "Inner Sphere - 2765"
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 46, "The Jihad In Review"
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 64-65, "3077: War In Review"
- ↑ Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- ↑ Technical Readout: 3039, p. 202, "Samurai Profile"